1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Crysis Warhead 1080p at anything else than 24Hz?

Discussion in 'Games' started by Mistral, Jan 30, 2010.

1. Mistral

Mistral

Thanks Received:
    Has any of you guys and gals been successful in running Crysis Warhead on a 1080p TV via HDMI at anything else than 24Hz? The moment I start the game the 5850 seems to think that 1080p24Hz is a must and nothing I try can seem to dissuade it...

:banghead:

2. digibucc

digibucc

Thanks Received:
    I had the same problem... I believe I forced it in CCC...

3. AsRock

AsRock TPU addict

Thanks Received:
    Run the game in DX9. You could try changing the refresh rates around some times that works.

4. Mistral

Mistral

Thanks Received:
    In other words, you're saying that there is no fix for running the game properly maxed out in my case? Also, running the game with the "-dx9", although solving the refresh rate problem, makes the 5850 output 1080i...

It's amazing what stupid issues can exist with a supposedly "flagship" title... Doesn't anyone have a solution? This game has been around for years...

5. digibucc

digibucc

Thanks Received:
    as I said i had to force the setting in Catalyst control center. It worked fine afterwards. if you have nvidia go to their control app.

6. Mistral

Mistral

Thanks Received:
    OK... Would you care to elaborate a bit? So far I have found no way to force the card to stick to a certain resolution/refresh in CCC. For some reason, 1080i isn't even listed as available there...

While on the subject, what will it take for ATi to start having overscan at 0% by default for all resolutions?

7. Binge

Binge Overclocking Surrealism

Thanks Received:
    Never had that problem.

8. digibucc

digibucc

Thanks Received:
    ok .. opened it :)

in CCC, go to "graphics" on the top left, and then "desktops and displays"
    right click on your display and click properties. here you can select from all available resolutions, and refresh rates. try setting that while the game is running and see what happens.

as for 1080i & overscan ( i don't know how to default it) not being an option - go to desktops and displays again, right click your display AT THE BOTTOM LEFT, where the number is in the top left, instead of the center. now click "configure"
    in this window, you can enable gpu scaling which should fix the underscan
    that's under "attributes" , under "hdtv support" you can specify additional resolutions and refresh rates, including 1080i30hz and 1080p60hz(and more). then you will be able to select them as options from the normal window.

looking through it i don't see how to force it. I haven't played the game in a year, im sorry i don't remember exactly what i did. try this stuff and come back, and I'll try and figure it out.

9. Mistral

Mistral

Thanks Received:
    Thanks digibucc. However, the moment I alt-tab the game the 5850 goes back from 1080i60 to 1080p60. Also, there's no 1080i60 listed anywhere in the resolutions...

Unfortunately, the rest you listed I had already tried, and none of it seems to make a difference. As a bonus, since there's no 1080i60 anywhere in CCC, I'm getting the black overscan borders as a bonus, since I have no way of telling it to turn it of for that setting...