1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Crysis Warhead Info (crysis Is Goin To Ps3/xbox)

Discussion in 'Games' started by Live OR Die, Jul 17, 2008.

1. Live OR Die

Live OR Die

Thanks Received:
    Hi guys i fould some good info on the game, i fould one part that caught my eye

MAIN LINK
    Crysis Warhead runs smooth on lower-end PC’s with settings on high?:toast:

Optimizations made to Crytek’s CryENGINE 2 will allow the upcoming sci-fi shooter follow up Crysis Warhead to run smoothly with high detail settings on cheap PCs, studio CEO Cevat Yerli has claimed.

Specifically, Yerli told German outlet PC Games that a 400 euro (roughly $620) PC could run the title, with high settings enabled, at 30 to 35 frames per second. Curiously, he did not detail the resolution at which this is possible.

Despite having stopped patch support for the original Crysis (PC), Yerli said these optimizations could eventually make their to the first game. “That will take a long time, because the fixes are fairly profound,” he noted. “We are still in the process of the steps, but first we want to conclude Warhead.”

Though even the latest video cards can’t provide a smooth framerate for Crysis at high resolutions with very high detail settings, Crytek is confident that the game’s system requirements did not affect sales.

“Other’s lower perceived hardware requirements did not actually translate to bigger overall sales numbers than Crysis,”business manager Harald Seeley explained earlier this month. “You only have to look at the comparative PC sales volumes of other prominent FPS games which shipped around the same time.”

Due out this fall, Crysis Warhead marks the last of Crytek’s PC-exclusive titles because of piracy woes and the likelihood of higher sales on consoles. In addition to PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360, the company is apparently investigating PSP development.

2. Braveheart

Braveheart New Member

Thanks Received:
    yeah thats been going around, crytek learned from their mistakes.

3. Live OR Die

Live OR Die

Thanks Received:
    Weel its good to know that there starting to fix there mistakes, so crysis warhead will look better than crysis and run smother, there saying this games not the follow up of crysis and the crysis to will be the cryengine 3

4. Megasty New Member

Thanks Received:
    Uh, he do know the mid range gfx cards can cost 100-200 euros alone. They must have optimized the hell out of the crytek 2 engine. But it would be interesting to see what res he's talking about. The 8800gt can eat Crysis at 1280x768 on high :rolleyes:

5. tigger

tigger I'm the only one

Thanks Received:
    YUM YUM,that looks nice.It may be easier to run than crysis too.Also i noticed they have ended patch support for cryisis,i guess thats the gravestone for crysis then.

6. ShadowFold

ShadowFold New Member

Thanks Received:
    Cant wait for Warhead.. I just hope that they deliver on their promises, mainly the one where its longer than Crysis1. I like how they are optimizing it too. I hope they update the original with the updated, optimized Cryengine.

7. PVTCaboose1337

PVTCaboose1337 Graphical Hacker

Thanks Received:
    Finally! Now that I have heard this good news I can actually pre-order it!

8. CDdude55

CDdude55 Crazy 4 TPU!!!

Thanks Received:
    So it is coming to Consoles?(the site looks like someone blog). If it does go to Consoles it will look ugly on my small TV and maybe sadly unplayable.:(

9. ShadowFold

ShadowFold New Member

Thanks Received:
    It is coming to consoles. But they need to stop qqing about pirating. Thats what they get for poorly coding the game..

10. MadClown

MadClown New Member

Thanks Received:
    NY, the state were you cant defend yourself
    OMG I have atleast 3 diff issues of PC gamer that have that Yeril guy bitching about piracy.

11. PrudentPrincess

PrudentPrincess New Member

Thanks Received:
    What other PC game has stopped piracy? :laugh:

12. ShadowFold

ShadowFold New Member

Thanks Received:
    People just pirated it because they knew they wouldn't be able to run it well..

13. warhammer New Member

Thanks Received:
    CRYSIS piracy for PC was a load of crap. A modded/chipped console can run pirated games as well its just a poor excuses for there poor programing skills..

14. PrudentPrincess

Thanks Received:
    Yeah I downloaded Crysis illegally and was able to play online but it was the EU version so lag was pretty bad. I then bought the US version. If more people could run it more would buy it, piracy really doesn't affect game sales that much, its just easier to do on PC than consoles. (If everyone had the guts to install a mod chip on their xbox M$ would be done for.)

15. Urbklr

Urbklr

Thanks Received:
    It's shorter than Crysis 1...straight from Crytek's mouth

Here's a good E3 interview about Warhead, that answer some good questions, and has lots of gameplay footage.

Link

16. ShadowFold

ShadowFold New Member

Thanks Received:
    They said 8+ hours awile ago :mad::mad:

17. philbrown23

philbrown23 New Member

Thanks Received:
    I have this on pre-order cant wait for it to come out!

18. Nick259

Nick259

Thanks Received:
    played crysis on my trusty x1950gt on med/low when it came out, will have my 4850 this time round :)

19. Dixxhead

Dixxhead New Member

Thanks Received:
    I wonder if I will be able to play it on my HD2600 Mobility again this time around. At least at a resolution of 848x480 with everything (but shadows and textures=Medium) on high/very high I was able to get Crysis running at a stable 25-30 fps (and it's actually quite ok, since scaling on this 1280x800 display is good). Hope they keep their promise of delivering a better optimized code, might just be able to run it at 1024x600 this time around :rockout:

20. Jeno Guest

21. Megasty New Member

Thanks Received:
  22. PrudentPrincess

Thanks Received:
    Asian/alien invasion!
    Anywho, it's a way to show off the updates to the Crytek Engine, not Warhead.

23. Urbklr

Urbklr

Thanks Received:
    According to a forum post from a guy who attended Comic-Con:

"The Crysis Warhead demo was at Comic-Con and I got to ask a guy that worked there a few questions.

Firstly Crysis Warhead was running on a machine with a 7200 Intel CPU (forgot the name sorry) and a 8800GT, the guy didn't know the other specs but still that's enough info for me. Warhead was running on high at a big resolution, not sure but it was above 1440x900. Unfortunately there will NOT be a demo.

Also Warhead was at about 40-60 FPS on that machine. I didn't get to try it out for myself because it was near closing time when I found it ;_; but I will definitely be there to give you guys more info tomorrow.

Also I didn't get to see too much gameplay, just Psycho holding a Korean then throwing him down and finishing him off. It said pre-alpha in the corner so it was probably the same level we've all seen.

Also you will be driving a hovercraft in singleplayer as well as some more new vehicles exclusive for singleplayer, that's all I heard."

Good stuff:)....Looks like Crytek got it well optimized.

24. Gabkicks

Thanks Received:
    On the ocforums podcast, they said something about a patch for crysis that improves performance, but I can't find anything about this. Did anyone else hear of some patch coming out for crysis around the same time as warhead that improves performance?

25. PrudentPrincess

Thanks Received:
    I doubt it, there was an official press release from Crytek saying that they will no longer be supporting the Crysis community. (no updates, patches, etc)
    There are performance configs online, google Crysis Performance Config and see what comes up.
    GL! :toast: