1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Crysis_hardware Wish List

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by Jdbody, Jan 12, 2007.

1. Jdbody New Member

Thanks Received:
    Guys that crysis game looks mind blowing.....

What system setup do think will eat that game up?

I need suggestion on my upgrade..can you say, "MAMMOTH SYSTEM?!!!

2. PVTCaboose1337

PVTCaboose1337 Graphical Hacker

Thanks Received:
    Core 2 Duo - E6600
    2 x 1GB G.Skill DDR2 800 Ram (in my sig)
    eVGA 680i mobo
    eVGA 8800gtx (or r600?)
    700w OCZ Powerstream PSU

3. SlipSlice

SlipSlice New Member

Thanks Received:
    Yea that setup should definately eat that game up. lol, and even better if you could SLi them someday when you get some more money.

4. HookeyStreet

HookeyStreet Eat, sleep, game!

Thanks Received:
    Yeah that game is going to be a resource hungry beast :laugh:

5. SpoonMuffin New Member

Thanks Received:
    um, the game was demoed with x19*0 cards and they say it already runs VERY well on them, the games not even optimized yet(makes a huge diffrance)

theres no point buying crazy expincive hardware when you can get parts that caust far less and will game just as well.

im quite sure crysis will run on my current rig at 1600x1200 :)

6. Casheti

Casheti New Member

Thanks Received:
    Proof? I'd like to see this...:)

By the way...what IS your rig?

I bet I could run it 1600x1200 easy...:roll: I wish :(

7. technicks

technicks

Thanks Received:
    The game won't be released for another 4/5 months. So save your money for then.

8. SpoonMuffin New Member

Thanks Received:
    x1900xtx ,3500+ at 3016mhz, 3gb ddr2, and a bunch of other stuff google around, its not a secrete, crysis was demod on x19*0 cards, they said as much in interviews!!!!

http://www.bit-tech.net/news/2006/05/11/crysis_playtest/

[quoteWe saw it running in Direct X 9 mode, and Crytek suggested that DX10 would not bring much more to the table other than increased performance for cards that support it. [/quote]

or

http://digitalbattle.com/2006/07/23/crysis-system-requirements-released/

google your self cash, really the codes far from optimized even at this point, they are still working on that, the one thing i may want to do is get an x2, but by the time the games readly avalable k8l will be just just about in my system :)
    all the phsycs are dont without a ppu!!!!

9. Protius New Member

Thanks Received:
    even with the x19x0's it looked like the game was chuging a little

10. SpoonMuffin New Member

Thanks Received:
    the joys of unoptimized code, look at oblivion, its a great example of unoptimized code, where a compotent company to optimize it/make it the game would run 10x as good or better on current hardware, but i digress :p

11. Casheti

Casheti New Member

Thanks Received:
    That looked sweet for DX9. Wow...maybe I should just get an X1950 Pro?

12. xman2007

xman2007 New Member

Thanks Received:
    thats what i think im planning on getting one myself (x1950pro) as soon as ive sold my system and a xfire mobo for when i can afford another

13. tigger

tigger I'm the only one

Thanks Received:
    i cant wait for this game.

14. Casheti

Casheti New Member

Thanks Received:
    I wish my PC would blow up. So then I wouldn't have to deal with it's shit anymore.

15. SpoonMuffin New Member

Thanks Received:
    so do i, honestly, netburst=the devil

16. Scavar

Scavar New Member

Thanks Received:
    If you have the money, there is no reason to not get an 8800GTX/GTS, otherwise it would only make sense to wait to upgrade.

http://www.gamespot.com/pc/action/crysis/news.html?sid=6163791 They talk a little bit more about it in the interview, but it still seems like playing it on DX10 will be better. I can't remember the place now, but I know they said that they are currently using 8800s in their systems.

17. SpoonMuffin New Member

Thanks Received:
    whats funny to me is that farcry ran better on ati cards then nvidia cards even ones that where supposedly better(ps3 for example)

i have a feeling this will be true when crysis comes out, r600 will be faster then the nvidia equivlant, also it dosnt make sence to wait 6-9months to get a new card if you want to game now and cant afford/are unwilling to pay for an 8800, the x1950pro or 19*0xt cards are a great choice, and again, read all the reports on crysis, crytech is very clear to point out that the games code had not be optimized yet, it was early pre optimized code.

its just one of those things that if you where a beta tester for games you would understand, early beta versions are normaly very poorly optimized or totaly unoptimized, then they spend alot of time making small changes to improve perf without hurting quility, then they boost quilty a bit and optimize some more to get more perf back with even higher quility.
    it takes time to do it properly, halflife2 tho not one of my favorite gams my any masure, IS a great example of optimizing code, they spend over a year optimizing and tweaking code so it could run good on dx7,dx8 and dx9 hardware, try hl2 with a classic geforce mx card, it plays better then you would belive, and has good quility for a card that old, then try a gf3/gf4/radeon card, quility booosts and perfs still excelent, then get a fx card, oh wait, thats dx8 to :p,then try say a 9700 and it still runs very good, i saw alot of the betas, i have a friend who was in the beta, buggy and crashprone in the begining, slowly got better then when the stabilty was good and quility on current hardware( he had a 4200ti@4800clocks) they started optimizing a bit at a time, eventuly the game got to the point where he could raise the res to its max and get 60+fps(max for his monotor was like 1280x1024) where as b4 it barly got 30fps at 800x600(but still for the day the water was STUNNING!!!!) .
    had more beta leeks happened more people would have see the improvments, but valve was very good at keeping that from happening(well after they faked the code leek anyway lol)

i expect this game to be no diffrent other then i dont think crytech to leak code then use that as an excuse to not relece the game for another year, i expect them to relece it fairly well optimized then patch it up even more, like they did with farcry, you can add HDR to AA /AA to HDR FREE in farcry under current patches as long as you have an x1k card :D (i drop at most 2fps by adding 4xaa to HDR7 :) )

im sure that crysis is being tested on current, past and future hardware, manytimes hardware companys have sent developers products that havent been sent to retail yet so that those companys can take advantage of the new kool fetures of that hardware :)
    or in the case of nvidia they also use to pay to have degraded code pathes made for ati cards(tiger woods golf game for example, for ati owners you needed to "fake" having an nvidia card to get decent image quility)

18. Casheti

Casheti New Member

Thanks Received:
    :toast: My baby needs a board to clock with :(

This P5B seems very far away...more than a month...:banghead:

19. SpoonMuffin New Member

Thanks Received:
    i disslike my asus board, got it because my buddy got one at the same time(both open box from the egg for 68bucks) its a PITA and asus dosnt EVER respond to questions/bug reports, i get better support for my 39$ biostar socket754 board!!!!

next time biostar,epox,or even ECS!!!!

you may want to look at the biostar tforce 775 boards, have seen alot of good reports about them, tho i dont do intel 423-775 here :)
    http://www.rebelshavenforum.com/sis-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=forum;f=33
    i know 2 people using them both have used the rebelshaven moded bios and regular ones, no problems overclocking with decent or even cheap ddr2:)

like this
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16813138037

or the epox board(good clocking and support in my not so limmited exp(epox will go the extra mile if you ever have a problem)
    its 124 at the egg, cheaper then the asus :)

[​IMG]
    http://www.rebelshavenforum.com/sis-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=33;t=000001

take a look and read the reviews at the egg, seems its been avalable in the uk for a decent ammount of time!!!!!!

alwase remmber tho, take the reviews with a grain of salt, specly the bad ones, alot of really stupid people buy at the egg and then blame products for problems they causes(a moron on the review list"fred" sounds like hes got a crappy PSU thats blowing the boards!!!!)
    also remmber if you email biostar its gonna take a few days(a week at most) to get a first responce, small staff but also very helpfull, as long as your clear with your problem and not rude they will do their best to help you out, they sent my buddy new accessory kit for his openbox tforce6100board(great overclocker!!!!!)

20. Casheti

Casheti New Member

Thanks Received:
    To be honest I've heard great things about the P5B Deluxe and can't wait to get it. It's just the freakin' money :banghead: :( I think it has the best bang for the buck considering all the features and it overclocks like a mofo. I trust ASUS :) And it has 2X PCI-E slots.

21. SpoonMuffin New Member

Thanks Received:
    hehe yeah, i trust asus to not respond to my emails/requests with more then a formletter tellng me to call my dealer, and to not update drivers to fix known problems that even the chip maker knows about and has fixed!!!!
    (ADI1988 audio driver buggs)

22. Easy Rhino

Easy Rhino Linux Advocate

Thanks Received:
    why should anyone spend a butt load of money to play 1 game?

23. Casheti

Casheti New Member

Thanks Received:
    Because they're forced to.

24. pt

pt not a suicide-bomber

Thanks Received:
    not a bad board casheti ;)

25. Casheti

Casheti New Member

Thanks Received:
    Where's the dual PCI-E?? :p