1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Crytek on piracy: people “want to play our games, they just don’t want to buy them”

Discussion in 'Games' started by mikmak, Apr 30, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mikmak

mikmak

Thanks Received:
    I am really happy I never payd any cent for the crysis 2.
    Instead I did purchase the first game after I played the pirated version.
    It seems the big boys still pretend to sell videogames with a poor/stupid story/narration at full price for the mere fact for being a sequel of a good job ever made.
    I am not going to make any critics to the second chapter of the saga, it is not my intention to be boring here and for sure I will never play the third/last episode...it figures that I will never try to saturate the local internet bandwidht for that crap.
    Maybe, if at crytek they will start to make a good job again probably as a consequence people will tend to pay for they work...they still seem to lack of good taste and auto critics...or are they deliberately playing the infant role as all the other big companies?
  2. TheMailMan78

TheMailMan78 Big Member

Thanks Received:
  3. Aquinus

Aquinus Resident Wat-man

Thanks Received:
    They have demos for a reason. I also thought Crysis 2 looked good, played good, but the story was pretty repetitive. "Go here!" "Too late, now I'm here." "Aww, too late. Now I'm back over there." :banghead:
  4. KingPing

KingPing

Thanks Received:
    Maybe it's because their games aren't as memorable as others, Crysis 2 never amazed like MGS4, Portal 2, Half Life, etc did. So i'm not paying full price for games that i play one time and the forget.
  5. mikmak

mikmak

Thanks Received:
    For sure I picked a very hot argumentation...but this is not strictly related to piracy only...if at crytek those guys will continue to play the "game" with their rules then as a result they will make aggressive games for children only (which target would never be anything else rather than a console).
  6. KingPing

KingPing

Thanks Received:
    And the ending is lame. Crysis 1 ending was miles better IMO.
  7. D007

D007

Thanks Received:
    If you're talking about crysis 2 or warhead.. Actually Crytek, people don't even want to steal those.. Crysis 1 maybe.. The other 2, would be a waste of time, to download..lol..
  8. erocker

erocker Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Aquinus and Black Panther say thanks.