1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Cubitek Intros Mini Cube B004 Case

Discussion in 'News' started by btarunr, Dec 7, 2012.

1. btarunr

btarunr Editor & Senior Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Cubitek introduced the Mini Cube B004, a mini-ITX case that's a variation of the ICE series. Its cubical design involves turning the stacked drive cage into a tray that's on the other side of the motherboard tray, creating room for graphics cards that are as long as 280 mm, PSUs as long as 150 mm, and CPU coolers that are as tall as 150 mm.

The drive tray packs room for two 3.5-inch, and one 2.5-inch drive. It does away with 5.25-inch. Ventilation includes a bottom 120 mm fan, and a 90 mm rear fan. The case is mostly made of aluminum. It measures 200 x 300 x 320 mm (WxDxH). Pricing and availability details are not out, yet.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Rowsol and Ikaruga say thanks.
  2. Rowsol

Rowsol

Thanks Received:
    I like.
  3. RejZoR

RejZoR

Thanks Received:
    It's almost like i'd be looking at my Lian Li PC-V354. Just with no front intake fans and slightly different PSU placement (rotation). Looks ok though, but i'm a bit unsure about HDD's being placed vertically. I still think bearings work the best if it's placed horizontally.
  4. mascotzel New Member

Thanks Received:
    That exaust grille is a joke in 2013.
    badtaylorx says thanks.
  5. stupido

Thanks Received:
    meh... just a box with some edging... :rolleyes:

though I like the idea of placing the HDD/SSD on the back of the motherboard tray... That is an area that is practically lost, so reusing it like that I welcome...
    I know, it is limiting the height of the CPU cooler, but that is easy solvable by making the case wider with 10-15 mm; it will not change the looks dramatically (it is cube anyway) but will allow more standard sized CPU coolers (~160 mm)
  6. Vancha

Thanks Received:
    I seem to remember a Cubitek review where the build quality was atrocious...Anyone else?
  7. lZKoce

lZKoce

Thanks Received:
    Cubitek has some insanely good products, but their price....I am pretty sure I will never buy one of their works :)
  8. MadMan007

Thanks Received:
    Nice mini-ITX layout. I've dreamt up layouts for mini ITX that are very similar...the bottom front intake fan is key to getting this size case to fit gear with lots of clearance. In mine I would mount the HDD vertically in the front of the case - that gives them some airflow and would also allow for a taller cooler. Mine would have an optical drive though, I still rip optical media, mainly music, rather than buy mp3's (yuck).

This case is almost exactly golden ratio W:H :)

True, but one could always go with an all-in-one water cooler mounted on the 120mm intake. There are also plenty of coolers <150mm that are very good performers even if not the absolute top which are good enough for solid but not extreme overclocks. A more important improvement imo would be to change the rear fan to 120mm, no idea why they went with 90mm.

The other improvement would be a sexy silver version :)
  9. badtaylorx

badtaylorx

Thanks Received:
    you'd need a high SP fan just to get air though those pinholes...
  10. Vlada011

Vlada011

Thanks Received:
    I like this case... Not only this and other their case...
    But this rear mash is funny...
    That need to cut but leave holes for 120mm fan and some grill because like this it's barier for 50% of AIR.