1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Current Nvidia drivers do not enable High Quality?

Discussion in 'NVIDIA' started by EastCoasthandle, Dec 16, 2010.

1. EastCoasthandle

EastCoasthandle New Member

Thanks Received:
    I've come across some threads in which some believe that current nvidia control panel's texture filters are not working correctly. In another thread a user believed that the trilinear optimizations are not disabled when using high quality texture filtering. Is anyone notice any differences in games when changing the texture filter settings?

Last edited: Dec 16, 2010
  2. Thatguy New Member

Thanks Received:
    Nvidia has never had anything but perfect drivers, ever.

Altered, MxPhenom 216, Mussels and 2 others say thanks.
  3. TotalChaos

TotalChaos New Member

Thanks Received:
    That is sooooo funny:roll:

4. Thatguy New Member

Thanks Received:
    Just ask nvidia

5. Mussels

Mussels Moderprator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    subscribed to see where this guys, i may be paranoid but i find it interesting these are broken right on the 69xx release when people will do HQ comparisons

6. Thatguy New Member

Thanks Received:
    What are you saying man ?

7. Mussels

Thanks Received:
    nvidia releases drivers that make their cards look faster, right when people are comparing nvidia cards to ATI's latest cards.

if it was deliberate, its a way to cheat in the benchmarks and make ATI's new cards look slower.

8. SpeedsticK

SpeedsticK New Member

Thanks Received:
    I was just thinking that, in benchmarks Nvidia made their highest setting lower than the "High" standard, so it pumps out more performance,

9. Steevo

Steevo

Thanks Received:
    Right after nvidia went after ATI, and a in depth review of the actual results is that ATI still has a superior image quality, and to match Nvidia it must be turned DOWN? LOD .7

Harr.

10 Million points folded for TPU
  10. Thatguy New Member

Thanks Received:
    Wow, I know of another company the FTC settled with over a similar type of issue.

11. Bjorn_Of_Iceland

Bjorn_Of_Iceland

Thanks Received:
    ho-hum

12. wahdangun

wahdangun New Member

Thanks Received:
    so after they calling AMD cheater they do this ???

13. Mussels

Thanks Received:
    exactly. both sides do this crap, and they both call each other out over it.

14. Widjaja

Widjaja

Thanks Received:
    The average consumer wouldn't be able to tell the difference.
    They would most probably look at both screens one using AMD the other an nVidia GPU and say...."Yeah, they both look good man..."

It's only the fanbois who get tortured by all this nonsense.

15. EarthDog

EarthDog

Thanks Received:
    Damn Mussels, you are a mini Charlie (at semiaccurate) with your spin on this... maybe you should go play at Rage3D with all their fanboys..... :p :nutkick:

On a more serious note, considering only someone who doesnt know how to bench would bench with their settings on quality or high quality, I really doubt this was to gain ground on AMD. I would have to imagine both camps are you know, 'cheating' by setting their NVCP and CCC to performance and then giving scores. :shadedshu

If anyone needs a shovel to help me get my head out of the sand though.... :roll:

16. {JNT}Raptor

{JNT}Raptor New Member

Thanks Received:
    If there was any weight behind this story....we would have heard alot more about it within the past 6-7 days.......disinformation spreading is a bad thing ya know :shadedshu ...have some Holiday cheer and get off the bash bus bro. :toast: :rockout:

Seems to me on this forum it's all the ATI users spreading the "Love"....embracing anything they can to rag on Nvidia....nobody bitches when ATI won't drop their prices and gouge the consumer or when they mess with their drivers.......but when Nvidia does it it warrants multi threads and wild speculation.......ridiculous.....definitely a double standard on this forum.....ah well.....I'll continue to enjoy my new Nvidia card anyways....as I've enjoyed all of my ATI cards in the past......Happy Holidays TPU. :toast:

17. Mussels

Thanks Received:

I dont think you get the point here, its kinda funny.

You're saying the forum is all pro ATI, bashing nvidia... yet all i've done is the same as the nvidia users bashing ATI.

the bold IF wasnt good enough to give away that its not my opinion, but a theory? i'm not forcing it down anyones throats, nor am i stating it as fact.

all i've done is proved that people are saying BOTH nvidia and ATI are cheating. whether they're right or wrong is irrelevant, its all a load of bullshit from fanboys on both sides.

attacking the neutral guy really doesnt help your cause out at all, it just makes you look more and more like a fanboy yourself.

18. {JNT}Raptor

{JNT}Raptor New Member

Thanks Received:
    I bolded IF because it's a big speculative word...not to target you....I wasn't attacking you either by quoting you....I actually enjoy most of your posts....as far as your fanboy comment at me.....I've owned both camps....and alot more ATI than Nvidia...so no...I'm no fanboy....I actually found this forum because of ATI Tool......and I don't think anyone can object to the statement that this forum is ATI biased....which is ok...(Loved that when I got here).......It's just bothersome at times.....before morning coffee. :banghead:

On topic....anyone found out any more info on this Issue?

Mussels says thanks.
  19. LAN_deRf_HA

LAN_deRf_HA

Thanks Received:
    I find this to be bullshit. When I change those settings my frame rate changes in crysis. So it's doing something, as opposed to the claimed nothing.

20. Mussels

Thanks Received:
    thats likely the exact same thing with the claimed problems with ATI ;) a load of crap

21. LifeOnMars

LifeOnMars New Member

Thanks Received:
    Absolute BS, not only do I see a change in fps, more importantly the image quality does change!!! I've had ATI and Nvidia cards and both allow customisation in the quality of image, it's down to user error most of the time or lack of knowledge.

22. EarthDog

EarthDog

Thanks Received:
    A proven load of crap. Like Nvidia's I guess!

http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1566199&page=5

Not that any one would notice it though as stated in that thread. So I guess its a non issue? :pimp: