1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Current sales/deals on games (steam, impulse, etc.)

Discussion in 'Games' started by ShRoOmAlIsTiC, Jun 24, 2010.

1. Kursah

Kursah

Thanks Received:
    I just picked up Mafia 2 off of Amazon Game Download for $12.50 and Crysis Max Collection for 10 off of Steam...these sales GOTTA STOP! Though I am hoping to see Alpha Protocol @ $7.50 or so just one more time during the sale...I'd really like to pick that up after researching it.

There's quite a few good deals on Amazon's sale with the game downloader...The Witcher EE $5.00, AvP 2010 $5, nail'd for $10, etc.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.ht..._p=1284738982&pf_rd_i=979455011&tag=tec06d-20

2. Mussels

Mussels Moderprator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    i heard from an unreliable source that steam is having 'hourly' specials when they change the daily specials,is this true?

if so, the time it happens here is 5am which is shite for us aussies :(

3. I see SPY!

I see SPY! New Member

Thanks Received:
    No biggies today it seems

[​IMG]

Brothers in Arms, The Ball, Swords and Soldiers HD, Sniper: Ghost Warrior, Amnesia, Quake collection, Greed Corp, Plants vs Zombies, Hearts of Iron 3 Complete, City of Heroes going Rogue Complete, Kane & Lynch 2.

yogurt_21 says thanks.
  4. Phxprovost

Phxprovost Xtreme Refugee

Thanks Received:
    just picked up Amnesia & Hearts of Iron 3, have wanted to play amnesia for awhile now and iron hearts looks interesting

5. n-ster

Thanks Received:
    [​IMG]

6. yogurt_21

yogurt_21

Thanks Received:
    good

7. kurosagi01

kurosagi01

Thanks Received:
    Dead space is £1 more than the US price =/
    You guys think for price of quake pack worth 5.78 or should i consider getting a different game.

8. n-ster

Thanks Received:
    don't forget, I can help you buy at US prices if needed

9. kurosagi01

kurosagi01

Thanks Received:
    True but do you think the deal for the quake deal worth the money?

10. n-ster

Thanks Received:
    It really is subjective... if you love Quake, ofc it is a nice deal.. if you really like it, still a great deal... if you only like it, it epends and if you like it any less than obviously not.

In general it is a pretty good deal though

11. kurosagi01

kurosagi01

Thanks Received:
    I genuniely never played quake lol.

12. streetfighter 2

streetfighter 2 New Member

Thanks Received:
    One of my friends got me into Quake III Arena back in the day. It's possibly the most twitch based shooter ever created. Don't consider applying unless you have the reflexes of a cheetah and are capable of switching between 1-9 worth of weapons using the number keys.

Anyone still playing Quake III is probably so disturbingly good that the best chance you have of beating them is to take down the internet. :laugh:

I haven't played any of the other Quake games despite owning them all. Most of the time I enjoy Quake III it's through mods. Fortunately the engine is now open source via the ioquake3 project (and others) so you don't need to own Q3 to play the mods.

Last edited: Dec 29, 2010
  13. n-ster

Thanks Received:
    You can enjoy a game with a bad k/d! I FREAKING LOVE BFBC2 but I got a 0.31 K/D :laugh:

14. kurosagi01

kurosagi01

Thanks Received:
    so i accidently close the window for me to confirm payment via paypal and now im getting this:
    And when i try using visa it keeps telling me i am not entering a visa number when i am.
    What should i do ¬¬
    Edit:
    Nevermind i got it sorted now.

Last edited: Dec 30, 2010
  15. I see SPY!

I see SPY! New Member

Thanks Received:
    [​IMG]

L4D2
    Europa Universalis 3 Complete
    GTA IV Complete Edition
    Ruse
    Grand Ages Rome
    Singularity
    Shatter
    Transformers
    Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit
    Hegemony: Philip of Macedon
    The Elder Scrolls IV Oblivion
    Star Trek Online
    Arcadia

I'd get Oblivion if it were 4.99 instead. Come on guys, the game's been out for 3 or 4 years already!

16. crazyeyesreaper

crazyeyesreaper Chief Broken Rig

Thanks Received:
    meh none of those deals seem that good

17. kurosagi01

kurosagi01

Thanks Received:
    I think GTA4 complete edition seems a great deal for people that don't have it.

18. crazyeyesreaper

Thanks Received:
    thats true its decent for what it is but i got it and dont play it lol as my quad core apparently cant push it decently enough lol oh that and cause rockstars so smart there game dosent support 6900 series gpus so your stuck at 800x600 resolution all low details and rockstar has no plans to fix the issue anytime soon according the customer service response i got back

so anyone thats using older 5800 series or before gtx 400 series should be fine but this below is a bit of a problem for a company that declared there game wouldnt be able to be maxed till future hardware came out. well new hardware is here but now it dosent even run lol FAIL!!! :roll:

more seriously yea its a good deal unless like me you have the newest and greatest in which case rockstar can kiss my ass im not buying anything if i have to run it with these kinds of settings. Id rather waste my money on some twinkies and watch Family guy
    [​IMG]

19. t77snapshot

t77snapshot

Thanks Received:
    problem buying games on Steam?

Has anyone had any problems when buying games on Steam? I tried purchasing SNIPER Ghost Warrior yesterday for $7.50 and it didn't process. I then tried it a second time (entered all my info and signed into PP) and Steam said my download would start shortly, but nothing yet has showed up:confused: I always get suspiciously nervous when I enter info and don't get a product OR invoice....

Crunching for Team TPU
  20. kurosagi01

kurosagi01

Thanks Received:
    You could probably modify the settings yourself manually like you can in bad company 2??
    Edit:
    snapshot has the payment been authorised etc and you got the screen to install games?? If not i would try restarting steam,and if it shows you haven't bought the game/own it clear your cache and try buying it again.

t77snapshot says thanks.
  21. MxPhenom 216

MxPhenom 216 Corsair Fanboy

Thanks Received:
    That would be pretty cool!

22. crazyeyesreaper

Thanks Received:
    yes it can be done kurosagi

but it requires writing out an entire commandlinetxt for the launcher to utilize to do so its basically a really halfassed method to work around the issue that shouldnt exist in the first place and ive tried it the settings load up fine but when i enter a game it resets to the 800x600 resolution so its still unacceptable seems to be an issue related to the fact my gpus cant be properly detected by the game

and honestly i dont feel like loading and quiting GTA IV 50+ times to test settings for optimal game play when i can just do that in game if Rockstar wasnt retarded in the first place :toast:

23. Rado D

Rado D

Thanks Received:
    So true.when I started with BFBC2 I was frustrated and was seeking help and a was given lot of advice,but one really made me think different way about the game..No matter what are your stats and all that stuff,the most important is that you enjoy the game.I too love it so much that recently I dont play anything else.but maybe you could try easier servers?I dont play hardcore and dont think will anytime soon.but if the server isnt HC,that doesnt mean its easy.there will always be plenty of skilled players and sometimes cheaters too.sometimes your team just sucks..Im having trouble to keep my KDR at exactly 1.00 :) but its a sort of motivation.but once again,important is that you enjoy the game.

24. I see SPY!

I see SPY! New Member

Thanks Received:
    Are you buying right when the new dailies start? Because the store gets really slow if you try to do anything at rush-hour.
    From my experience it gets better when I wait at least a couple of hours since the daily started. Also, restarting Steam helped me when that happened to me once: I had bought a game, but no messages showed up. After restarting it the game was on my list and I got the confirmation email.

I've got a 0.4 or something :laugh:
    It just annoys me to be under-equipped in a map I don't know very well getting killed by a level 40-something over and over again. It's like BF2142 all over again.
    But the game is cool, so I'll let that one slide :p

25. Mussels

Mussels Moderprator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    GTA IV is broken on GPU's with more than 1024MB of ram.