1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

CypriUm - The Ultimate Water Loop Case

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by masbuskado, Jul 1, 2009.

1. masbuskado

masbuskado New Member

Thanks Received:
    Thanks!!!
    When I begin to put everything together I think of putting the wires inside the pipes but at the end that were to much work but I have more time to do that now...!!!

Note: This project was an entry for the OCN Case Mod Comp 09 and I get DQ'd... so there is not deadline now I can add the things I let out!!! :D

2. btarunr

btarunr Editor & Senior Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    The temperature isn't going below room-temperature, is it?

3. MKmods Case Mod Guru

Thanks Received:
    well now you have time develop this further. There is a lot that can be done.

Its a lot like the Lego cases I build (easy to change once done). I did a lot of research on using copper tubing for water cooling, it is superior to reg plastic type tubing as the copper tubing is part of the heatsink (fins can be soldered to it as well to further reduce the waters temp). Plastic tubing tends to retain the heat traveling through it.(just like plastic cases)

4. masbuskado

masbuskado New Member

Thanks Received:
    Indeed!!!
    Now I can do some things that I imagine but for the time limit I let out!!!
    ...and copper is the best metal to cool down anything...!!!
    But acrylic tend to cool down better than regular plastics...!!! :cool:

5. aCid888*

aCid888* New Member

Thanks Received:
    Exactly. Instead of slapping the guy down look at the work hes put into it and thank him for posting a project log on TPU, it isnt like we get that many people posting logs here. :shadedshu

But, what a good idea.....if this does indeed work as well as it should do then it will cool almost anything without worries of heat.

Well done on one of the best and most innovative rig designs ever, even if it doesnt work like it should (I'm sure it will!) it still looks damn nice and I for one wouldnt mind putting my parts in that case. :toast: :rockout:

6. masbuskado

masbuskado New Member

Thanks Received:
    Thank you all for all your very very nice comments...!!!

I have one question just for fun...!!!
    Can you Overclock a 370 P3 CPU?!?!?! (If yes = How? - If Not = move to the next Question!)
    Can you Fold with a 370 P3 CPU?!?!?! (If yes = How? - If Not = move to the next Question!)
    Can some one make a piece of software to Fold with a 370 P3 around 700mhz!

That is a challenge!!!
    Ideas anyone!!! :D

I'll be here waiting the answers!

EDIT:
    I fold with my 9600GT...!

I came across this...
    http://folding.stanford.edu/English/DownloadOld

Last edited: Jul 2, 2009
  7. Sasqui

Sasqui

Thanks Received:
    Overclocking totally depends on the Motherboard. Every CPU is overclockable.

As for folding, if it's an 32 bit x86 app, I assume so, but I get the impression it's more. I don't leave my puters on for long times, so I've never folded.

Cheers.

8. masbuskado

masbuskado New Member

Thanks Received:
    I know that but time has pass and with all this tech all over the web why don't take those old mobo, cpu and make a little software and make like a folding calculator or something!!! :p

9. Binge

Binge Overclocking Surrealism

Thanks Received:
    My tone will be however more friendly and respectful, it can be, but my demeanor should be seen as more frustrated than rude. My question was met with the wrong information. I would have been fine without any response at all, and I was expecting no response as this is obviously an artistic vision. Even saying that this was meant for art rather than temperature tests and performance would have been enough. I feel like I'm asking a man, "Was this salad cooked in an environment with peanuts?" and he responds, "I'll show you the salad so you can see for yourself." The point is if he doesn't know I'll walk away and be better off not eating the salad as I am allergic. That being said... I'm done trying to explain my issue. I understand on TPU I have no rights as moderator actions have a lot to do with pleasing the public. Saying this much was more theraputic to me since I feel that explaining things might shake off the tiny, sickly. feeling I have in my stomach over the issue after reading your post.

@masbuskado- Don't get me wrong... the look and feel of this case are nothing short of superb, but it's called the Ultimate Water Loop Case. I feel your temp results would be best taken with a mix of temp sensors and realtemp, but realtemp would do just fine for me :) I would appreciate idle and long load to see where the load reaches equalibrium.

Flow is a hard thing to measure and it can be expensive to measure correctly. I don't expect this and as erocker said you don't owe it to me. Just deny me the information flat out. I just want to make it clear that giving me an answer that doesn't help my curiosity is pretty rude from my standpoint, but then again you've got a lot of fans who would say otherwise. They obviously really like this case. :rockout:

10. Sasqui

Sasqui

Thanks Received:
    I'm wondering if you're talking about putting a 370 P3 CPU in that copper craft-work? It deserves more :)

11. masbuskado

masbuskado New Member

Thanks Received:
    The case was design to cool down the temp but right now am working on posting the whole worklog cuz I lost some pics I was doing a recovery this morning because the hardware is not longer on the rig cuz I was planning to take it outside for some pictures but start to rain here NY so I'll be able to do that tomorrow hopefully but yes the build is about taking the heat out and cooling down the cpu and gpu... so expect your information in the next few days!!! ;)

Binge says thanks.
  12. masbuskado

masbuskado New Member

Thanks Received:
    jajajaja noooo man!!!

My testing hardware was a 775 with a Q6600 and dealing to get some sponsorship now...! ;)

13. Sasqui

Sasqui

Thanks Received:
    :roll: Cool... if only you had said i7! I'm on an E6600 myself.

As for the other question, you should start a folding thread: http://forums.techpowerup.com/forumdisplay.php?f=67 , you'd get much more info.

14. CyberDruid

CyberDruid New Member

Thanks Received:
    Love the build. As always you are blazing a trail into the Modding Hinterlands :D

You've inspired me to get off my butt and build "Pipe Dream" which is along the same lines just more grunge and steampunk themed...

15. Cuzza

Cuzza New Member

Thanks Received:
    Wow, I totally love this concept. Best thing I've seen in ages.

One complaint: why not copper pipes running to the CPU block? The plastic ones just don't look right amongst all the copper!

16. [I.R.A]_FBi

[I.R.A]_FBi New Member

Thanks Received:
    Abit AB9Pro, nice mobo .. had one .. served me well

17. masbuskado

masbuskado New Member

Thanks Received:
    When I try to that I noticed that will be harder to remove the CPU WB...!!! ;)

18. Cuzza

Cuzza New Member

Thanks Received:
    Yes, it would be. but sometimes you have to a level of permanence!

19. Sasqui

Sasqui

Thanks Received:
    So where's our July 4th spectacular?!?!?! :)

20. Chicken Patty

Chicken Patty WCG Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    meh, this build is too good, I dont even like it :p

just kidding, one smiley says it all :respect:

masbuskado says thanks.
  21. Mark_Hardware

Mark_Hardware New Member

Thanks Received:
    hey what about using a flexible paint to make the tubing look like copper? I have spent a couple days lookung for some kind of tubing or at least wire loom or something that is copper colored... but I haven't found anything.

masbuskado says thanks.
  22. Fatal

Fatal

Thanks Received:
    Very different indeed how many hours you spend on the build? Also I didnt see where you fill it with water or how you know when to add water. Looks great though :D

masbuskado says thanks.
  23. masbuskado

masbuskado New Member

Thanks Received:
    Sorry for the delay but am relocating all my pictures to my private server and I have to work on my site too!!! ...something good is coming!!!

:D:cool:

No idea... but copper tubing is a good option!!!

Hours???? :eek:
    6 months working on this baby...!!!!
    You can Fill the Res from the Back-Top Panel and you can measure the Liquid by looking at the Res on the back of the Motherboard!!! I think there is a picture...!!! let me look at my post and then edit this...!!!

EDIT: Here's the pic
    [​IMG]
    Follow the screw fans (the left screw on the top corner) this is where you can fill CypriUm up!!!

Last edited: Jul 25, 2009
  24. masbuskado

masbuskado New Member

Thanks Received:
    Ok guys have been a while but am really busy working and doing some things with my site too so here is what I have to say... I enter the CM Case Mod Competition with this project so if any of you want to participate hurry there is a deadline for that so I'll be publishing more pictures with the new features. This is not a promo or spam. I just want to share this info with you!

25. masbuskado

masbuskado New Member

Thanks Received: