1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Dark Souls 2

Discussion in 'Games' started by Jaffakeik, Jan 16, 2014.

1. Jaffakeik

Jaffakeik

Thanks Received:
    Last edited: Jan 18, 2014
    jormungand says thanks.
  2. jormungand

jormungand

Thanks Received:
    Thx dude i won the first and let me tell you wasnt any easy at all, top hard game !!! You die a lot but is worth the time. This looks great and more smooth,
    great rpg just hope it gets more difficult than first so many noobs (no gamers) that think is just a console game regret their step into this. Is a game for truly gamers.

3. manofthem

manofthem

Thanks Received:
    I'd like to get into this game this time arond, but I'd want to play through Dark Souls first. I haven't had the chance to, but I've been wanting to for a long time. Other than hearing that the game can be uber hard, I think that it looks pretty awesome.
    If I decide to pick it up, it'll be for PC, as that's where the gaming is!!!! :toast:

Crunching for Team TPU
  4. Jaffakeik

Jaffakeik

Thanks Received:
    Looks like This game will offer 3 type of packages>Collectors Edition for around 80£[​IMG]
    >Black armor edition around 30£ [​IMG]
    And standart game for 26£
    I'm talking about PC version :p
    BUt I'll probably will get the standart version.Want just enjoy the the game.
    And I really want to see new bosses and challenges in this game,.When I played dark souls 1>At the first I just died and died I thought I just quit this game and never play it again,but then I realized then running and killing mobs without strategy was my mistake.So I guess,Its all about being very aware about dangers and every type of monster u need to study first to know the best way to kill em.Especially the bosses.Some of them I couldnt kill alone So I mostly used help of network to get some buddy into boss fights.Hope this game will improve multiplayer even more.
    ----------------
    I was playing as a sorcerer mostly and a bit of melee fight.Dont know what to build this time for DS2

Last edited: Jan 18, 2014
  5. Kusimeka

Kusimeka

Thanks Received:
    One of the best games ever gets a sequel. I actually cannot wait for this!

6. jormungand

jormungand

Thanks Received:
    An awesome game it is! no doubt about it!!!! Hard as Hell!! Im going for the one on pc like the first and this time i dont have to wait like most a year for it! ; D
    Ah! plz developers if there is an expansion just i need to know how to start it, in the first one i had to start the game twice to get the expansion activated. Even saying that i cant regret the expansion was great 4 great bosses and fights. I really love this game.

7. jormungand

jormungand

Thanks Received:
    So start right now!!! this game its not like most rpg its top hard and i recommend you to take a guide for you not lose everysingle piece of alternative path and bosses. Theres a way to return to Undead Assylum so to fight a new boss and and get an item to explore a new map there like many other paths. Like i said without a guide you lose lots of alternatives paths . My advise: play it right away and dont get frustated how many times you die, is worthly!!!!!!!!!! Good luck and any question post me or sms me.

8. ViperXTR

ViperXTR

Thanks Received:
    Its one of those pre-order worthy games :)

first it was "Prepare to Die"

then this was "Bearer of the curse, seek misery"

9. Jaffakeik

Jaffakeik

Thanks Received:
    We need to make competition who dies less by finishing first difficulty.I wonder if this game will include some other penalties then loosing all souls.

10. Jaffakeik

Jaffakeik

Thanks Received:
    SO does it mean PC version wount be release in 13 days as PS3 and Xbox.I was so looking forward to it.

11. Samo_Krose

Samo_Krose

Thanks Received:
    is this game similar to the arc? never played it, and it seems by the video and your comments guy that this game it is sooooo amazing, is it available in steam?

i like these kinda games, what do u guys suggest?

12. Animalpak

Animalpak

Thanks Received:
    Pc version will be availabe late april ...

13. Samo_Krose

Samo_Krose

Thanks Received:
  14. ViperXTR

ViperXTR

Thanks Received:
    PC version sample screenies and videos out, you will be disappointed (kinda)

15. Jaffakeik

Jaffakeik

Thanks Received:
    iF u mean disappointed by graphics,then I will say I dont care about it. All I care is gameplay as challenging as previous part :)

16. ViperXTR

ViperXTR

Thanks Received:
    its still good imo, judging by the screenies, its just that they show the initial nice looking lighting in the early previews then we come to this. The lighting and graphics would have added to the atmosphere imo

17. Capitan Harlock

Capitan Harlock

Thanks Received:
    I heard from 2 guys from the official guide that the game was developed with a pc prospective so the graphic wil be better on pc than the console version.
    Don't look the screens on steam .
    They changed it because on console the game with the graphic at max was slow so they turn down some settings or the game wont reach 30fps xd.

18. ViperXTR

ViperXTR

Thanks Received:
    Screenshots and video of the pc version is already out, and the major difference from the console version is the usual sharper textures, higher resolution and 60FPS. The lighting effects shown in the earlier previews last year were not present on the pc version.

Still looks decent at least as long as its as good as the original

The settings
    [​IMG]

http://www.gametrailers.com/videos/gz2upr/dark-souls-ii-pc-preview

[​IMG]

and a huge render/4K res

[​IMG]

Capitan Harlock says thanks.
  19. Jaffakeik

Jaffakeik

Thanks Received:
    They delayed CD version in UK so i had to pre-order from Steam,Atleast I will get some exclusive items as preoder :p so hope to meet u guys in game

20. ViperXTR

ViperXTR

Thanks Received:
    Preordered the physical copy, should arrive by tomorrow, woudn't be able to play after work, maybe i should call in sick >_>
    (Got a dark souls 2 poster in preorder, t-shirt including day one stuff when the game arrives, and normally physical copies are normal in our region)

21. Capitan Harlock

Capitan Harlock

Thanks Received:
    awesome news guys dark souls 2 pc release i today 3pm Pacific time (6pm Eastern.) 11pm in the UK so for me i have to wait 13 hours xd

22. Jaffakeik

Jaffakeik

Thanks Received:
    I will stay late today ,but still need to go to work.Maybe I should get sick aswell,its friday tommorow anyway

23. Wikoontz

Wikoontz New Member

Thanks Received:
    Have tomorrow and Friday off. So happy my boss doesn't correlate game release dates and my vacations... that'd be an awkward conversation.

24. ViperXTR

ViperXTR

Thanks Received:
    ugh, cant take a day off, maybe go home early if i come up with something, im in the field anyway...

25. random

random

Thanks Received:
    Playing it right now... I've spent more time with the soul series than any other game I've played, so far the PC version of DS2 runs smoothly in image quality, frame rate, audio and network... They've learned from their mistake!

Capitan Harlock says thanks.