1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Dark Souls 2

Discussion in 'Games' started by Jaffakeik, Jan 16, 2014.

1. the54thvoid

the54thvoid

Thanks Received:
    Love the game but have been forced to uninstall it for my own sanity. After killing 4 bosses I finally gave up after about 7-8 attempts on the Old Dragonslayer, despite watching the easy way to kill him on you tube (circling his weak side). Even with target lock and shield on, my controls seem to make my player turn his back too many times. It was great while it worked, had him down 30 % in no time but all of a sudden my player turns and runs, despite being locked on him.
    Really pissed as I love the game but no point playing something that infuriates me, especially when the things that are meant to work - target lock and shield, seem to randomly disengage. I was level 90+ with a huge attack and very fast movement so quite pissed.

Now to wait for Wolfenstein.

2. siluro818

siluro818

Thanks Received:
    Wait, you were level 90+ in the f-ing Heide tower?! That's some hardcore over-leveling man, and you still couldn't kill Ornstein 2.0... And why didn't you summon anyone, are you playing the cracked version? :p
    Also, lock-on disengages when target disappears of sight and range (i.e. when he jumps up for ex.), while shield drops only when you run out of stamina - nothing random about any of these... Could be your pad is broken or sth?

3. lyndonguitar

lyndonguitar I play games

Thanks Received:
    lol I killed Dragonrider and slayer at level 1 I think! (it was the first two areas I stumbled upon), with dragonslayer on the first try

When I first encounter a boss I let him do most of his attacks first so I can study his moves, then I play patiently, 1, 2 attacks at a time, irc dragonslayer is pretty damn easy,

to others having a hard time on him, this is what I did.

Keep close to him(as in super close) and keep going to his right, block his attacks(always remember to occasionally put down your shield between his attacks so your stamina can rest faster in order to absorb more blocks), he has one move that goes through blocks I think, it is when he jumps and releases a magic attack(electricity), that's the only time you roll away, it is easy to anticipate so you could get away easily

In fact this tactic is applicable to almost all of the melee bosses

Anyway maybe the reason I killed him so easily because I got used to fighting a stronger Ornstein + Smough on the first game.

like what siluro said, this never happened to me, shield block only fails when you don't have enough stamina left, and target lock never does that to me, maybe your controller have some problems :)

4. the54thvoid

the54thvoid

Thanks Received:
    My suspicions are I must be crap. However, I am using mouse and keyboard and some attacks are less intuitive. I have already killed the Pursuer, the Last Giant, the other boss on Heide's Tower level and the Rat King Hoard boss - so i can't be that bad. I might re-instal and try again but I seem to have awful luck considering how easy people are saying this guy is.

EDIT: re-installed and eventually killed him. I don't seem to be able to summon nice people though (certainly no NPC's?) but my sin level is '-'. Game is quite confusing.

Last edited: May 10, 2014
  5. JTristam

Thanks Received:
    Anybody combined GeDoSaTo with ENB? I found a very interesting preset but it seems like I couldn't get it working together with GeDoSaTo. I just want to use GeDoSaTo for downsampling and nothing more. But I really like to try that preset too.

6. the54thvoid

the54thvoid

Thanks Received:
    I tried GeDoSaTo but it screwed with my UI

7. Kaynar

Thanks Received:

Do yourself the favour and buy an xbox controller for the PC. Its always useful for some games and in the case of Dark souls series, it is a must. The game is made for consoles, keyboard/mouse compatibility is just a half-arsed bonus feature.

And generally in this game many mobs are easy when you circle around them until they attack, then attack them from behind.

As for ENB and mods, they all seem to make my game crash on the loading screen or few minutes after...

8. siluro818

siluro818

Thanks Received:
    Sometimes it is also the specific character build that matters a lot how difficult things will turn out. In the 2nd half of the game my heavy melee/cleric build + some pyromancy AOE thrown in for good measure was wiping the floor with most enemies, then I reached Shrine of Amana and had my ass handed to me so badly I couldn't believe it. The only area I couldn't solo through in both DS games... Without long-range archery to agro them one by one it's almost impossible (I figured out a strategy eventually, but some of the enemies did not spawn on that last playthrough, so it must have taken me 13 tries. Basically, as someone else has stated most eloquently over here:
    www.reddit.com/r/DarkSouls2/comments/21ac6l/fuck_the_shrine_of_amana_and_everything_it_stands/

9. ViperXTR

ViperXTR

Thanks Received:
    Gedosato alpha 5 out, adds hdrish bloom

10. JTristam

Thanks Received:
    Yeah, I'm using it now. Love the Asmodean postprocessing! :rockout:
    With this there's no need for that resource-hogging ENB.

11. ViperXTR

ViperXTR

Thanks Received:
    Gedosato 6 also out

and Project Beast is now officially called BloodBorne, and yeah PS4 only :(

12. random

random

Thanks Received:
    Well glad I got a PS4. Exclusive games from PS4's Japanese publishers are exclusives that aren't to be missed out in my world!