1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Dark Souls (Makers of Demon's Souls) NOT a sequel.

Discussion in 'Games' started by random, Feb 3, 2011.

1. random

random

Thanks Received:
    Release is this fall. Available for the 360 and PS3

SO.... it seems the producers aren't letting down any of the fans of Demon's Souls at all judging from the interview found here. (Sorry about the region)

http://au.gamespot.com/ps3/rpg/proj...6297337&mode=previews&tag=topslot;thumb;1

Here's the official trailer
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qSYyTuKj_q4

A bigger and better Demon's Souls? Yes please! And it will be multi platform this time, meaning more events and a bigger fan base.. oh the hype:rockout:
    Mike0409 and BumbleBee say thanks.
  2. Mike0409

Mike0409

Thanks Received:
    I still play Demon Souls, still havn't beat the friggin game or unlocked all the stuff. Can't wait for this!
  3. random

random

Thanks Received:
    Haha I'm actually glad they're going to keep the difficulty as it was on Demon's Souls. You should finish it before they shut the servers down in November! :laugh:
  4. douglatins

douglatins

Thanks Received:
    Awesome, I loved the game, just didnt like the HUB based gameplay with a small center and teleport places. They say that is gone
  5. random

random

Thanks Received:
    If that is true then I will be even more hyped, to me that kind of travel took some of the immersion away in Demon's Souls I wonder what they will replace it with, I think from the interview they mentioned alot of exploring but didn't specify whether its open world or instanced.. edit, although I doubt it will be open world if I know anything about games made from japan they are usually instanced based.
  6. Mike0409

Mike0409

Thanks Received:
    Yeah it's all Open world now from what I've read on it. Pretty awesome.

Give me a hand man! I keep leveling my guy up by being a Phantom. But my gear sucks, and I can't beat that fire thing in the Stonefang tunnels, he destroys me!
    random says thanks.
  7. Fourstaff

Fourstaff Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    I love Demon's Souls, it was a while back since I played a game that hard. As you learn how to beat them though, it gets easier, but you will still die in a few hits if you are not careful enough. Looking forward to play this game when its released, but I don't have access to a PS3 right now :/
  8. random

random

Thanks Received:
    Hahaha give me your PSN ID! Mine is the same as my Forum name :) I can speed run you through. Flame Lurker is definitely one of the hardest bosses in the game his movements are harder to dodge since he shows very little openings and you will be dodging his blows and AOE 70-80% of the time most people use a glitch to kill him

Agreed the game takes skill even after multiple play throughs my character dies in 3-5 hits on trash 2-3 hits on bosses in body form and I've stacked vitality as one of my main stats haha always have to be on guard or its over.
  9. crazyeyesreaper

crazyeyesreaper Chief Broken Rig

Thanks Received:
    was a fun game i think im soul lvl 120+ cant remember really stacked alot of str and endurance as i dual wield Dragon Bone smashers at +5 each means the weakest link that was enemies being able to roll around my side is gone roll either direction and you take a full swing most of the time leaving me to 1 hit KO most players
  10. Phxprovost

Phxprovost Xtreme Refugee

Thanks Received:
    wait until you encounter "Giant Depraved Ones" :p

@OP
    This is the only game coming out this year that i actually care about. Demons souls was a hell of an experience and more of the same is certainly welcome :rockout:
  11. CDdude55

CDdude55 Crazy 4 TPU!!!

Thanks Received:
    I hear this is the spiritual sequel to Demon Souls. So it should be good.
  12. Fourstaff

Fourstaff Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Satsuki is a royal pain in the ass, he blocked me off Shrine of Storms for most of my game. Favourite weapon is Stormruler, that thing is awesome :3 I built a magic based character (as with most rpg I play), it worked fairly well.