• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

[Case Gallery] "Dark Wind"

System Name "Dark Wind"
Processor Sandy Bridge i5 2500k @ 4.6ghz 1.336v
Motherboard Asus ROG Maximum Gene-Z
Cooling Xigmatek Dark Knight w/AS5
Memory G.Skill Ripjaw X Series 1600mhz 2 x 4gig
Video Card(s) eVGA GTX 670 FTW 2gig
Storage Western Digital Black Cavier 640gig AALS/ Samsung 840 Pro 256gig
Display(s) Dell U2412M / Viewsonic VX2025WM
Case Cooler Master HAF XB
Audio Device(s) SB X-fi Titanium PCI-E
Power Supply Corsair AX860 Platinum
Software Windows 7 64 bit Premium Home
To view this case mod, go here.

Specs:
Intel i5 2500k @ 4.6ghz
evga GTX 670 FTW
G.Skill Ripjaw X 8gig DDR3 1600
Asus Maximum IV Gene Z
Intel 520 Cherryville 120gig SSD
Western Digital Caviar Black 640gig AALS
Soundblaster X-Fi Titanium
Corsair AX860
Cooler Master HAF XB
Dell U2412M
Viewsonic VX2025WM
Asus Lightscribe DVD/RW
Logitech 5.1 Z-5300
Logitech MX518
Saitek Eclipse II

Mods:
Custom painted DVD faceplate, window rivets and Hotswap bay covers, Changed HDD and DVD drive LED's to white, Installed Cooler Master window top panel with ASUS etched logo decal, Asus ROG side panel decals, Logisys red LED lighting strip, NZXT White LED sleeved lighting kit, Bit Fenix sleeved cable extensions, FrozenCPU red anonized thumbscrews, All fans replaced with Silent 12 120mm fans

Sorry for confusion, I had a duplicate picture and the stupid server wouldn't let me delete it so I had to delete the posting and start all over, so no, I didn't do it just to reset my rating.

I was so pleased with how my first Asus ROG themed build "Night Fire" based upon my beloved Antec mini P-180 I decided to do another with my new HAF XB. Its been real nice change after years and several builds with blue coloring and LED's over and over. This isn't as trick or custom as those guys with real talent along with supplies and tools to make some really awesome cases, but I'm proud with what I accomplished with my own case modding skills and living in a town house with no garage.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ranse

Haf xb

I too started working with a HAF XB case and did it in my office but had lots of practice with other cases. I have used lexan in my modifications with carbon fiber covering, and aluminum trim using the same carbon fiber covering on it. This has done well for me and keeps the case quite and cool with virtual no obstructions for air flow. I do like your work though thank you for sharing.

You might look at your cable management a little there are ways of routing it under the mother board mounting so it will look even smoother.

http://www.techpowerup.com/gallery/3505.html

System Name "Dark Wind"
Processor Sandy Bridge i5 2500k @ 4.6ghz 1.336v
Motherboard Asus ROG Maximum Gene-Z
Cooling Xigmatek Dark Knight w/AS5
Memory G.Skill Ripjaw X Series 1600mhz 2 x 4gig
Video Card(s) eVGA GTX 670 FTW 2gig
Storage Western Digital Black Cavier 640gig AALS/ Samsung 840 Pro 256gig
Display(s) Dell U2412M / Viewsonic VX2025WM
Case Cooler Master HAF XB
Audio Device(s) SB X-fi Titanium PCI-E
Power Supply Corsair AX860 Platinum
Software Windows 7 64 bit Premium Home
Sweet ass job with your XB, the carbon fiber covers are ingenious touch! I'm pretty happy with wiring as is for my needs.