1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Darksiders any good???

Discussion in 'Games' started by runnin17, Dec 29, 2010.

1. runnin17

runnin17 New Member

Thanks Received:
    Got a free steam key when I bought my 1090T. Should I get rid of it via ebay or actually play the game?

2. Binge

Binge Overclocking Surrealism

Thanks Received:
    E-Bay it, that game is better suited for 12 year olds who have the imagination of a horse.

3. runnin17

runnin17 New Member

Thanks Received:
    Kind of what I figured when I read about the story. LOL

4. digibucc

digibucc

Thanks Received:
    i was never able to get into the game... but just curious as to where that description came from. the game is for people with no imagination? how so?

5. runnin17

runnin17 New Member

Thanks Received:
    I'm just going to ebay it. I'll put all the profits to The Salvation Army as my annual donation to them :)

6. Binge

Binge Overclocking Surrealism

Thanks Received:
    The people who made the game are best suited entertaining people who understand a lack of imagination. It's like playing Spyro and God of War with the aesthetic values applied in WoW. Playing/controls aside when you consider the story's detail and depth it is even less appealing. Look at the early PS3 title Heavenly Sword. Boy... wow was that game ever a GoW clone, but it was prettier and it had presence. A presence severely lacking in Darksiders. I have to mention Heavenly Sword because it was such a blatant rip-off and not worth the money it originally cost at a heart stopping 59.99+tax. I'd put that game at a mere $10 worth of entertainment. Why? It was like watching a short "made for DVD(blu-ray)" movie. Darksiders has even less cinematic quality, and the air of the story is as serious as Brutal Legends without any reason to lack seriousness! There's no comedy... so why make a game with dry dialogue and dry quests? It is the most boring and unimaginative use of the apocalypse if the end of times had a dramatic cast. To put it simply Darksiders is as much of a popular AAA title as the next clear rip-off without any of the character development, cinematic air, or distinguishable genre of story telling. Hence lacking imagination.

BTW how's the snow? :p

digibucc says thanks.
  7. freaksavior

freaksavior To infinity ... and beyond!

Thanks Received:
    I'll take it :)

but as binge said it's for a 12 year old :)

Crunching for Team TPU
  8. digibucc

digibucc

Thanks Received:
    lol understood :) and no disagreement here :)

there's actually no snow at my place, right in the middle of the adirondacks. it's very weird. my parents 2 hours east have a few feet, but none here ...

9. ShiBDiB

ShiBDiB

Thanks Received:
    dislike..

I had a foot, but it seems to be melting already... needs to make up its mind its ruining my skiing.

O and the game sucks ass, ebay it