• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Darthmod Empire Total War

System Name beastybuild
Processor 4670k
Motherboard GigabyteZ87X-UD4H
Cooling SR-1 360 and GTX 360 custom, Koolance 380Iblock, swiftech355 &xspc"restop"
Memory 2X4gig G Skill Ripjaw 2400
Video Card(s) Gigabyte gtx660ti(OC) windforce
Storage western Digi sata
Display(s) Acer 24 LCD
Case modmantasticca
Audio Device(s) basic onboard
Power Supply Sea Sonic G550m
Software Win 7 Enterprise 64
Benchmark Scores 4.9 stable with mem at 1333 4.8 stable with mem at 2133
dm helps.. my favorite was a mod for napoleon called , Napolean total war 3 as I recall... can be found online... my gripe was speed of infantry and battle pacing... but the over all campaigns are much improved in DM... and this finds me counting down days to rome 2 !!! lol
are you?

System Name MSI GT60 0NC
Processor Intel Core i7-3630QM
Memory DDRIII 12 GB
Video Card(s) Nvidia GeForce GTX 680m/4 Gb
Storage 750 GB
dm helps.. my favorite was a mod for napoleon called , Napolean total war 3 as I recall... can be found online... my gripe was speed of infantry and battle pacing... but the over all campaigns are much improved in DM... and this finds me counting down days to rome 2 !!! lol
are you?

Yes! That is part of the reason I bought this new computer haha! And maybe because I needed my old one for work... haha

System Name beastybuild
Processor 4670k
Motherboard GigabyteZ87X-UD4H
Cooling SR-1 360 and GTX 360 custom, Koolance 380Iblock, swiftech355 &xspc"restop"
Memory 2X4gig G Skill Ripjaw 2400
Video Card(s) Gigabyte gtx660ti(OC) windforce
Storage western Digi sata
Display(s) Acer 24 LCD
Case modmantasticca
Audio Device(s) basic onboard
Power Supply Sea Sonic G550m
Software Win 7 Enterprise 64
Benchmark Scores 4.9 stable with mem at 1333 4.8 stable with mem at 2133
Well I'm not sure about laptops. FYI I upgraded and my chip s 4670k, not the top of the line, has enough power to run small battles with no pard Graphix card off chip based only! AMAZING! Now I'm not recommending this but to test it I fought a FOS DM battle with about 3k men on ultra max resolution in rain, lots of smoke etc. I was shocked that it ran at all, looked good too "! So load up some Shogun to test and maybe pick up a desktop cheap or expensive depending on your means. Good luck

crazyeyesreaper

Not a Moderator
Staff member
System Name Old reliable
Processor Intel 8700K @ 4.8 GHz
Motherboard MSI Z370 Gaming Pro Carbon AC
Cooling Custom Water
Memory 32 GB Crucial Ballistix 3666 MHz
Video Card(s) MSI GTX 1080 Ti Gaming X
Storage 3x SSDs 2x HDDs
Display(s) Dell U2412M + Samsung TA350
Case Thermaltake Core P3 TG
Audio Device(s) Samson Meteor Mic / Generic 2.1 / KRK KNS 6400 headset
Power Supply Zalman EBT-1000
Mouse Mionix NAOS 7000
Keyboard Mionix
SHogun 2 and Total War in general needs 3 main things

Core Clock
IPC
Memory Bandwidth

Higher the CPU clock the better
with good IPC aka Intel chips means more done per clock paired with high clock speed = longer time before or more accurately more troops on screen before you hit the performance wall
Memory Bandwidth helps in terms of the scripts etc that need to be run the lower latency and higher throughput also makes feeding the data to the CPU much easier thus improving performance slightly (hey every bit helps when trying to break 30fps min at all times)

one thing to keep in mind however with Shogun 2 is it will AUTO TURN DOWN GRAPHICS SETTINGS AND NOT TELL YOU ABOUT IT. soon as you go over the vram amount of your GPU thus you can set all ultra but it will turn it to low or medium on an Intel IGP soon as you check the GPU settings tho it shows exactly what you set only way to fix it is to override the GPU memory allocation in a text file.

Last edited: