1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Darthmod Empire Total War

Discussion in 'Games' started by ThronedFlame, Aug 18, 2013.

1. freeboy

Thanks Received:
    dm helps.. my favorite was a mod for napoleon called , Napolean total war 3 as I recall... can be found online... my gripe was speed of infantry and battle pacing... but the over all campaigns are much improved in DM... and this finds me counting down days to rome 2 !!! lol
    are you?
  2. ThronedFlame

Thanks Received:
    Yes! That is part of the reason I bought this new computer haha! And maybe because I needed my old one for work... haha
  3. freeboy

Thanks Received:
    Well I'm not sure about laptops. FYI I upgraded and my chip s 4670k, not the top of the line, has enough power to run small battles with no pard Graphix card off chip based only! AMAZING! Now I'm not recommending this but to test it I fought a FOS DM battle with about 3k men on ultra max resolution in rain, lots of smoke etc. I was shocked that it ran at all, looked good too "! So load up some Shogun to test and maybe pick up a desktop cheap or expensive depending on your means. Good luck
  4. crazyeyesreaper

crazyeyesreaper Chief Broken Rig

Thanks Received:
    SHogun 2 and Total War in general needs 3 main things

Core Clock
    IPC
    Memory Bandwidth

Higher the CPU clock the better
    with good IPC aka Intel chips means more done per clock paired with high clock speed = longer time before or more accurately more troops on screen before you hit the performance wall
    Memory Bandwidth helps in terms of the scripts etc that need to be run the lower latency and higher throughput also makes feeding the data to the CPU much easier thus improving performance slightly (hey every bit helps when trying to break 30fps min at all times)

one thing to keep in mind however with Shogun 2 is it will AUTO TURN DOWN GRAPHICS SETTINGS AND NOT TELL YOU ABOUT IT. soon as you go over the vram amount of your GPU thus you can set all ultra but it will turn it to low or medium on an Intel IGP soon as you check the GPU settings tho it shows exactly what you set only way to fix it is to override the GPU memory allocation in a text file.
    Last edited: Aug 19, 2013