1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Das Keyboard Reveals Mac-friendly Mechanical Keyboard

Discussion in 'News' started by Cristian_25H, Jan 17, 2012.

1. Cristian_25H

Cristian_25H News Poster

Thanks Received:
    Hearing the cries of Apple fans all over the world, the Das Keyboard team has developed, and now unveiled, a mechanical keyboard for Macs. Known as the Model S Professional For Mac, the keyboard in question features a glossy black upper casing, Cherry MX blue mechanical key switches with gold contacts, Mac-specific keys (Option, Command), a Sleep function, 6-key rollover, a built-in 2-port USB 2.0 hub, and a 2 meter USB cable.

The Model S Professional For Mac costs $133 but you can pre-order it now for $113. The keyboard is set to become available on April 16th.

[​IMG]

2. RejZoR

RejZoR

Thanks Received:
    Glossy = nice = very fingerprinty

3. SetsunaFZero

SetsunaFZero

Thanks Received:
    lol the brand name Das Keyboard, never heard of them

4. de.das.dude

de.das.dude Pro Indian Modder

Thanks Received:
    its my company :D

mediasorcerer and BumbleBee say thanks.
  5. AsRock

AsRock TPU addict

Thanks Received:
    Yeah it's what i hate about my Razer keyboard it's horrible. Although unlike every other razer product it's lasted longer than any thing else i had from them so far ( 12 month ).

They make top end keyboards as you can see but people who buy them say the same. I would of had one my self but you cannot remap the keys.

6. KieranD

KieranD

Thanks Received:
    Never heard of Das Keyboards? One of the most known mechanical keyboard makers, aside from Filco ect. Expensive pieces of kit but really some of the best typing boards made. Personally i just liked Zowie better because they did a MX Brown switch board in the UK ISO layout.

I thought Mac fags where all about Chiclet keys LOL!

7. DanishDevil

DanishDevil

Thanks Received:
    Mac users won't spend that kind of money unless it has an Apple logo. If they bothered to research enough to realize what made this keyboard better than the standard mac one, they would already own a PC.

Bjorn_Of_Iceland says thanks.
  8. SetsunaFZero

SetsunaFZero

Thanks Received:
    thats so ture mate :toast:

9. Wrigleyvillain

Wrigleyvillain PTFO or GTFO

Thanks Received:
    Yes ture indeed. Except lumping all "Mac users" into one group is about as disingenuous as lumping all PC users together. Hate the fanboys and the dumb culture all you want but Apple makes a quality computer with a great OS; all users aren't clueless brand-slaves with more money than sense and that's not even counting the professional markets.

10. DanishDevil

DanishDevil

Thanks Received:
    Well in Southern California, 99% of mac users that I've met have no clue about what they're using. I don't usually make blanket statements like that, but this is an enthusiast product, and most enthusiasts who have Mac computers are Apple enthusiasts for the sake of the brand, not because they're paying more for something better under the hood.

11. MN12BIRD

MN12BIRD

Thanks Received:
    I got my hands on a Das Keyboard the other day. It wasn't mine but I played with it for a minute to see how it felt. I can't remember the model but it was the one that has no letters on the keys. I have heard a lot of good things about these keyboards but I was disappointing to say the least. The keys felt really flimsy they had a lot of wobble to them and they felt much lighter than I expected. Even the switch action was much lighter than I expected. I dunno. I haven't had any real use on it but from what you can tell in the first minute I'd say my IBM Model M has the thing licked. The keys feel a lot sturdier anyway. I suppose the keys are meant to feel much lighter so if that's what they where going for I'm not sure. Might be easier on your fingers after long use. But I thought I was going to break it.

Wrigleyvillain says thanks.
  12. mediasorcerer New Member

Thanks Received:
    you never told me you make keyboards das haha!!!:nutkick::toast:

13. Bjorn_Of_Iceland

Bjorn_Of_Iceland

Thanks Received:
    If some hipster mac user comes across it, first thing thatd pop up their head is "Looks bulky and un stylish". Mac people wont bother :D