• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

DayZ (Mod for ARMA II: OAH) Clubhouse

System Name An experiment in continuous upgrading
Processor Intel Core i7 2600k @ 4.4 Ghz | FX-8570 @ 4.0 Ghz | Phenom II X4 965
Motherboard MSI P67A-GD53 | MSI 990FXA-GD80 | Asus M4A79 Deluxe
Cooling Noctua NH-D14 | Zalman CNPS10x | Coolermaster*212+
Memory 24gb DDR3-1866 |8Gb | 8Gb
Video Card(s) ASUS GTX 970 Turbo x 2 (SLI) | Sapphire Radeon 7970 + GTX 670 (PhysX) | Radeon 4870 1Gb
Storage 2x240gb SSD + 4tb SSHD + HDDs | 240gb SSD + HDDs | 120gb SSD + WD Blue 500gb
Display(s) ASUS VG248 144hz + Samsung S23A700D 120hz + 3D Vision | 40" Sony 1080p TV | 23" 1080p
Case Cooler Master HAF-X | Lian-Li PC-8 | Antec 302
Audio Device(s) Senn. PC360 G4ME | Sound Blaster Zx | Generic
Power Supply Corsair TX850W | Corsair TX 750 | OCZ 700
Mouse Steelseries Sensei | Logitech G402 W/L | Generic
Keyboard Filco Majetouch Ninja Tenkeyless MX Black | Logitech wireless |SteelSeries 6Gv2 MX Red
Software About 800 top-rated games. | 200 top-rated games | No games
Benchmark Scores No time for benching, I prefer gaming.
Private hive is a server that has its own hive in the server and you can have your own vehicles and weapons and way more control, only downside is that if you build a character on the private hive then goto a hive, your stuff will not transfer.

At some point we had I think 16 people on the server at the same time... Not bad for a first day of operation!

1Kurgan1

The Knife in your Back
System Name My Comp | Fiancees Comp
Processor i7 5820k @ 4.6Ghz 1.285v| i5 2500k
Motherboard MSI x99 SLI Plus | AsRock Z77 Pro 3
Cooling Watercooled
Memory 16GB DDR4 2400 @ 2666 | 12GB DDR3 1600
Video Card(s) AMD R9 290x | MSI 5850 OC
Storage 128gb SSD + 2x 2TB | 2TB
Display(s) Asus 27" LCD | 25" Hanns G
Case CM Storm | CM Elite 430
Audio Device(s) Creative Recon 3D PCIe
Power Supply Enermax Galaxy 1250W | Rosewill 630w
Mouse Logitech G700s | Logitech G100s
Keyboard Logitech G901 | Logitech G105
Software Win 8.1 Ultimate x64 | Win 8.1 Ultimate x64
Benchmark Scores 3D Mark - Fire Strike Extreme - 4403
Guitar do you have the Graphics settings up?

Because this guys looks alright The War Z Gameplay Footage 1/3 - YouTube

But yours looks noting like that guys.

Yeah thats what a friend had said, said that his settings were on lowest. Said it looked a lot better. That video looks ok, I mean it's not as good as Day Z, but thats passable graphics to me. I'll probably play some later today, maybe I'll post up a screenshot.

System Name Unknown
Processor AMD Bulldozer FX8320 @ 4.4Ghz
Motherboard Asus Crosshair V
Cooling XSPC Raystorm 750 EX240 for CPU
Memory 8 GB CORSAIR Vengeance Red DDR3 RAM 1922mhz (10-11-9-27)
Video Card(s) XFX R9 290
Storage Samsung SSD 254GB and Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB 64MB Cache SATA 6.0Gb/s
Display(s) AOC 23" @ 1920x1080 + Asus 27" 1440p
Case HAF X
Audio Device(s) X Fi Titanium 5.1 Surround Sound
Power Supply 750 Watt PP&C Silencer Black
Software Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit
Yeah thats what a friend had said, said that his settings were on lowest. Said it looked a lot better. That video looks ok, I mean it's not as good as Day Z, but thats passable graphics to me. I'll probably play some later today, maybe I'll post up a screenshot.

Yeah I mean its seems like a lot of dislike for an Alpha. I could list as many for Day z but its still fun.

Really tempted to buy the Alpha of it but holding off a bit.

A lot of dislike because they claimed it to be the best thing since sliced bread and it sucked. In the current state, the game is horrible. I started playing DayZ a few months ago, mid-July specifically. I have seen all there is to see, had every weapon, played every map (not extensively, and not the small PvP one admittedly), used every vehicle, etc. I've seen the glitches, gotten killed out of nowhere, dealt with hackers, etc. Nowhere did Rocket or the DayZ devs claim to have the best game available or claim to not have any problems. The War Z claimed (and granted dick riding fans added immensely to this) that it was going to be perfect and the best game ever and all this crap, and it isn't. It is severely lacking in even the most basics of gameplay and a complete ripoff of DayZ. I don't consider Sleeping Dogs to be a ripoff of GTA because you can steal cars and kill people. The same mechanics don't make it a ripoff. But having basically everything the same, even things like chopper crashes FFS, makes it a ripoff, and a bad one at that.

System Name Unknown
Video Card(s) XFX R9 290
Storage Samsung SSD 254GB and Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB 64MB Cache SATA 6.0Gb/s
Case HAF X
Uh where do they clam to be the best thing since sliced bread? I even check their site and I see no such claims (Site). Day Z is a mod to an already working game, it uses the same assets as Arma 2 where as War Z seems to be completely from scratch. I haven't heard a single shred of praise from War Z yet from anyone, probably would if I started joining War Z threads though, is that what you did?

"It is severely lacking in even the most basics of gameplay and a complete ripoff of DayZ."

Now that seems to be the crux of your argument. I haven't played but it seems like they got at least the basics of gameplay (which I'd consider having a gun and shooting zombies). As for the complete ripoff of Day Z that is a personal opinion. Zombies have been used countless of times in the entertainment industry, so have guns and so have MMO's so Day Z is as much of a ripoff as War Z or the majority of any other game made in post 2012. And from the looks of things they both seem to be going about it slightly differently. I like the fact that you can melee with your flashlight even though it doesn't kill a zombie, I wouldn't expect a flashlight to do much head bashing damage anyways, but I still like the fact that I can try.

TheMailMan78

Big Member
System Name TheMailbox 5.0 / The Mailbox 4.5
Processor RYZEN 1700X / Intel i7 2600k @ 4.2GHz
Motherboard Fatal1ty X370 Gaming K4 / Gigabyte Z77X-UP5 TH Intel LGA 1155
Cooling MasterLiquid PRO 280 / Scythe Katana 4
Memory ADATA RGB 16GB DDR4 2666 16-16-16-39 / G.SKILL Sniper Series 16GB DDR3 1866: 9-9-9-24
Video Card(s) MSI 1080 "Duke" with 8Gb of RAM. Boost Clock 1847 MHz / ASUS 780ti
Storage 256Gb M4 SSD / 128Gb Agelity 4 SSD , 500Gb WD (7200)
Display(s) LG 29" Class 21:9 UltraWide® IPS LED Monitor 2560 x 1080 / Dell 27"
Case Cooler Master MASTERBOX 5t / Cooler Master 922 HAF
Audio Device(s) Realtek ALC1220 Audio Codec / SupremeFX X-Fi with Bose Companion 2 speakers.
Power Supply Seasonic FOCUS Plus Series SSR-750PX 750W Platinum / SeaSonic X Series X650 Gold
Mouse SteelSeries Sensei (RAW) / Logitech G5
Keyboard Razer BlackWidow / Logitech (Unknown)
Software Windows 10 Pro (64-bit)
Benchmark Scores Benching is for bitches.
I like the fact that you can melee with your flashlight even though it doesn't kill a zombie, I wouldn't expect a flashlight to do much head bashing damage anyways, but I still like the fact that I can try.

I have a mag-light next to my desk that will crack a skull open like a melon.

System Name Unknown
Video Card(s) XFX R9 290
Case HAF X
I have a mag-light next to my desk that will crack a skull open like a melon.

Well the flashlight in the game looks like its made out of plastic so that is where that conclusion comes from.

I'm sure you speak from personal experience.

Uh where do they clam to be the best thing since sliced bread? I even check their site and I see no such claims (Site). Day Z is a mod to an already working game, it uses the same assets as Arma 2 where as War Z seems to be completely from scratch. I haven't heard a single shred of praise from War Z yet from anyone, probably would if I started joining War Z threads though, is that what you did?

"It is severely lacking in even the most basics of gameplay and a complete ripoff of DayZ."

Now that seems to be the crux of your argument. I haven't played but it seems like they got at least the basics of gameplay (which I'd consider having a gun and shooting zombies). As for the complete ripoff of Day Z that is a personal opinion. Zombies have been used countless of times in the entertainment industry, so have guns and so have MMO's so Day Z is as much of a ripoff as War Z or the majority of any other game made in post 2012. And from the looks of things they both seem to be going about it slightly differently. I like the fact that you can melee with your flashlight even though it doesn't kill a zombie, I wouldn't expect a flashlight to do much head bashing damage anyways, but I still like the fact that I can try.

Um, the War Z is nowhere near from scratch. Ever heard of War Inc? http://imgur.com/a/SvNg5 Lots of stuff is basically ripped from that and thrown into the game. Which I have no problem with, as they own the game and can do what they like, and there would be no point to make something completely new just to be new if it exists. That said, that seems like all they did pretty much. They took the interface, the models, textures, etc. etc. and threw them in. They also made some new things, lots copied out of DayZ, and threw them in. It is not a personal opinion, it is a ripoff of DayZ, blatantly. As I've said, the concept isn't considered copying, but they've copied everything else. Having to eat and drink, chopper crashes, weapon types, item types, etc. They added things like melee and jumping which are great...to bad the melee barely works.

They also just banned me from the forums for "trolling, not needed input, we don't need your kind here" stuff. Granted I was saying some stuff that shouldn't have been said and the ban was deserved (permanent is kind of harsh though), but what they are doing is closing/deleting threads and banning/deleting accounts that say bad stuff about their game. It's ridiculous.

And for the flashlight, look at The War Z wiki page: http://www.warzwiki.com/index.php?title=Flashlight&redirect=no
Swings to Kill
Body: 2-3 for Survivors, 100 for Zombies
Head: 1 for Survivors, 100 for Zombies

REALLY?

System Name Unknown
Video Card(s) XFX R9 290
Case HAF X
Um, the War Z is nowhere near from scratch. Ever heard of War Inc? http://imgur.com/a/SvNg5 Lots of stuff is basically ripped from that and thrown into the game. Which I have no problem with, as they own the game and can do what they like, and there would be no point to make something completely new just to be new if it exists. That said, that seems like all they did pretty much. They took the interface, the models, textures, etc. etc. and threw them in. They also made some new things, lots copied out of DayZ, and threw them in. It is not a personal opinion, it is a ripoff of DayZ, blatantly. As I've said, the concept isn't considered copying, but they've copied everything else. Having to eat and drink, chopper crashes, weapon types, item types, etc. They added things like melee and jumping which are great...to bad the melee barely works.

They also just banned me from the forums for "trolling, not needed input, we don't need your kind here" stuff. Granted I was saying some stuff that shouldn't have been said and the ban was deserved (permanent is kind of harsh though), but what they are doing is closing/deleting threads and banning/deleting accounts that say bad stuff about their game. It's ridiculous.

And for the flashlight, look at The War Z wiki page: http://www.warzwiki.com/index.php?title=Flashlight&redirect=no
Swings to Kill
Body: 2-3 for Survivors, 100 for Zombies
Head: 1 for Survivors, 100 for Zombies

REALLY?

I mean Day Z is more or less doing the same. The same arguments you use against War Z can directly apply to Day Z, the only thing I can really see getting your panties in a bunch is that Day Z came first and then War Z (which IMO is absurd). I'd never use this game did it first argument to praise or dismiss anything.

"Having to eat and drink, chopper crashes, weapon types, item types, etc. They added things like melee and jumping which are great...to bad the melee barely works. "

I don't know under what context you said all that but just to be clear, all this has been done before Day Z as well you know...

I'm sure if they got enough complaints from the community they would change the amount of hits it takes to melee kill zombies/players with the flashlight.

TheMailMan78

Big Member
Memory ADATA RGB 16GB DDR4 2666 16-16-16-39 / G.SKILL Sniper Series 16GB DDR3 1866: 9-9-9-24
Video Card(s) MSI 1080 "Duke" with 8Gb of RAM. Boost Clock 1847 MHz / ASUS 780ti
Audio Device(s) Realtek ALC1220 Audio Codec / SupremeFX X-Fi with Bose Companion 2 speakers.
Power Supply Seasonic FOCUS Plus Series SSR-750PX 750W Platinum / SeaSonic X Series X650 Gold
Well the flashlight in the game looks like its made out of plastic so that is where that conclusion comes from.

I'm sure you speak from personal experience.

Yes. Ive been split by a mag-light before. Cops love em.

AphexDreamer, your argument is so ludicrous it reminds me of whole "McDowell's" thing from Coming to America.:laugh:

The fact that it is a ripoff is as blatant as the nose on your face.

I mean Day Z is more or less doing the same. The same arguments you use against War Z can directly apply to Day Z, the only thing I can really see getting your panties in a bunch is that Day Z came first and then War Z (which IMO is absurd). I'd never use this game did it first argument to praise or dismiss anything.

"Having to eat and drink, chopper crashes, weapon types, item types, etc. They added things like melee and jumping which are great...to bad the melee barely works. "

I don't know under what context you said all that but just to be clear, all this has been done before Day Z as well you know...

I'm sure if they got enough complaints from the community they would change the amount of hits it takes to melee kill zombies/players with the flashlight.

DayZ took an existing engine and made a modification. A completely new type of game, albeit still using characteristics and things from the Arma engine (it is a modification). The War Z is claiming to be a whole new game, but isn't..it is essentially a modification of War Inc. Which again, there would be no problem with if they marketed it as such. They claim they have had the idea for years even before DayZ came out...from what the "alpha" has thus far shown, they are full of shit (as backed up by forum posts that you can find on the web). I once again, personally chose to ignore all this and try it anyways, and am severely disappointed. Yes, you've had to do this in other games, as I said, I'm not saying mechanics are a copy. I am saying it is not an original idea in The War Z and the way it seems to be implemented seems like they stole it straight from DayZ. Chopper crashes spawning weapons and loot in the middle of nowhere is again the same thing. Considering the first weapon I found is a compound crossbow, in a supermarket (surprise), it once again seems to be a copy. And as I said above, they aren't taking very kindly to even legit complaints if they say anything bad about the game. Their forums are full of dick riding idiots, and they don't like you saying otherwise. One thing I respect, and I actually am not a fan of Rocket, about DayZ is they take what the people have to say and seem to want to work on it/fix it, which the War Z devs are also doing it seems...except only if it is positive.

It was a ripoff from the beginning, and while I saw it, I decided to look past it and give it a chance. And it fell flat on its face from the way they have currently released it. I don't know how many times I can say it.

And don't know if I mentioned, I'm still willing to try it, especially interested to see when it hits "beta", because that should be polished to the point of almost release the way betas are marketed today.

Last edited:
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D
Motherboard ASUS TUF x670e
Cooling EK AIO 360. Phantek T30 fans.
Memory 32GB G.Skill 6000Mhz
Video Card(s) Asus RTX 4090
Storage WD m.2
Display(s) LG C2 Evo OLED 42"
Case Lian Li PC 011 Dynamic Evo
Audio Device(s) Topping E70 DAC, SMSL SP200 Headphone Amp.
Power Supply FSP Hydro Ti PRO 1000W
Mouse Razer Basilisk V3 Pro
Keyboard Tester84
Software Windows 11

TheMailMan78

Big Member
AphexDreamer, your argument is so ludicrous it reminds me of whole "McDowell's" thing from Coming to America.:laugh:

The fact that it is a ripoff is as blatant as the nose on your face.

http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRfKkSenicq3k8xeRp1vgLU3XIyBW879YbQyJNj2ZDA7HcfJv2_

I agree its just to damn close. Before seeing the gameplay I kept an open mind. However, I thought the video was of the stand alone DayZ game and sent it to a friend bitching how they were a downgrade from the mod. I mean really its a BRUTAL rip off if I couldn't tell the difference at a moments glance.

I stand correct.

System Name Unknown
Video Card(s) XFX R9 290
Case HAF X
Yeah its similar but so are so many other games, so whateva.

System Name An experiment in continuous upgrading
Processor Intel Core i7 2600k @ 4.4 Ghz | FX-8570 @ 4.0 Ghz | Phenom II X4 965
Motherboard MSI P67A-GD53 | MSI 990FXA-GD80 | Asus M4A79 Deluxe
Cooling Noctua NH-D14 | Zalman CNPS10x | Coolermaster*212+
Memory 24gb DDR3-1866 |8Gb | 8Gb
Video Card(s) ASUS GTX 970 Turbo x 2 (SLI) | Sapphire Radeon 7970 + GTX 670 (PhysX) | Radeon 4870 1Gb
Storage 2x240gb SSD + 4tb SSHD + HDDs | 240gb SSD + HDDs | 120gb SSD + WD Blue 500gb
Display(s) ASUS VG248 144hz + Samsung S23A700D 120hz + 3D Vision | 40" Sony 1080p TV | 23" 1080p
Case Cooler Master HAF-X | Lian-Li PC-8 | Antec 302
Audio Device(s) Senn. PC360 G4ME | Sound Blaster Zx | Generic
Power Supply Corsair TX850W | Corsair TX 750 | OCZ 700
Mouse Steelseries Sensei | Logitech G402 W/L | Generic
Keyboard Filco Majetouch Ninja Tenkeyless MX Black | Logitech wireless |SteelSeries 6Gv2 MX Red
Software About 800 top-rated games. | 200 top-rated games | No games
Benchmark Scores No time for benching, I prefer gaming.
I agree its just to damn close. Before seeing the gameplay I kept an open mind. However, I thought the video was of the stand alone DayZ game and sent it to a friend bitching how they were a downgrade from the mod. I mean really its a BRUTAL rip off if I couldn't tell the difference at a moments glance.

I stand correct.
WarZ is being developed by a subsidiary of the company that makes War Inc. This subsidiary was created specifically with the purpose of making WarZ, quite a few months after DayZ took off, which spells copycat, big time. And War Inc is a pretty crappy game. I don't see them taking that and making greatness out of WarZ.

So just tried it again. Every fucking time I got something good, basically a gun, I got killed by an invisible zombie. Every damn time.

So they seemed to have upped loot spawns and fixed invisible zombies. Game is going okay. Have my first memorable moment, guy is walking down road, I spot him, hid behind vehicle. He is armed with gun. We dance around vehicle for 5 mins where he cant apparently see me, i type in proximity chat asking if he is scared, he says no (he has backed way off by now). I only armed with a hammer run that way, he shoots a crossbow shot at me. I run to where it was from, he hits me with a hammer. I backed away, took antibiotics real quick, then proceed to murder him with my hammer. He had a Mossberg with 8 shots on him and didn't use it like a dumbass.

So fast forward to 10 minutes later, I'm in the city and have a zombie on me and a guy shoots a shotgun at me (I saw him first). I run in the building and flank him from behind, see him, get the first shot on him literally 10m away, and he shoots me dead with the exact same gun further away than I was from him.

Makes sense. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

brandonwh64

Addicted to Bacon and StarCrunches!!!
Will this winter wonderland be DayZ’s next map?

You knew that DayZ has custom maps, right? As Bohemia labors away on the standalone version of DayZ, modders have been busy porting user-made Arma 2 islands into the zombie survival mod. The varied biomes of Fallujah, Lingor Island, and Panthera are all playable on custom servers, and a click away from being installed through the handy, PCG-recommended DayZ Commander utility.

Joining these maps next could be Namalsk, an arctic forest covered in custom structures like reinforced defense towers. Namalsk is in the process of being ported by Sumrak, one of Namalsk’s creators, and should be available for download here soon. In the meantime, here’s a video of the map being tested in DayZ.

http://www.pcgamer.com/2012/10/18/will-this-winter-wonderland-be-dayzs-next-map/

InnocentCriminal

Resident Grammar Amender
System Name BeeR 6
Processor Intel Core i7 3770K*
Motherboard ASUS Maximus V Gene (1155/Z77)
Cooling Corsair H100i
Memory 16GB Samsung Green 1600MHz DDR3**
Video Card(s) 4GB MSI Gaming X RX480
Storage 256GB Samsung 840 Pro SSD
Display(s) 27" Samsung C27F591FDU
Case Fractal Design Arc Mini
Power Supply Corsair HX750W
Software 64bit Microsoft Windows 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores *@ 4.6GHz **@ 2133MHz
I'm going to playing that bad boy tonight. Heatpacks will finally be worth having in the game.

InnocentCriminal

Resident Grammar Amender
System Name BeeR 6
Processor Intel Core i7 3770K*
Motherboard ASUS Maximus V Gene (1155/Z77)
Cooling Corsair H100i
Memory 16GB Samsung Green 1600MHz DDR3**
Video Card(s) 4GB MSI Gaming X RX480
Storage 256GB Samsung 840 Pro SSD
Display(s) 27" Samsung C27F591FDU
Case Fractal Design Arc Mini
Power Supply Corsair HX750W
Software 64bit Microsoft Windows 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores *@ 4.6GHz **@ 2133MHz
Yeah, I just went to download it after refusing the files from a colleague, he must have meant Panthera.

System Name The SwagMachine / The Sister
Processor Core i5 3570K @5.2ghz 1.3V/ 1100T
Motherboard ASUS P8Z77-V / ASUS M5A99X EVO
Cooling Phanteks PH TC14PE / Corsair H40
Memory M379B5273DH0-YK0 2X4GB + PVI316G213C1QK 2X4GB / 2x4GB Patriot 2133
Video Card(s) PNY 780Ti /Windforce 7950
Storage 2xSamsung 840 EVO 250gb+WD10EZEX + WD30EZRX/ 1x WD1500 Black
Display(s) AOC Q2963PM+Acer S200HL / Acer S200L+ LG 22LD350
Case Fractal Define R4 / NZXT Trinity
Audio Device(s) Asus Xonar DG / Asus Xonar DG
Power Supply Seasonic 750X / ROSEWILL RG630-S12 630W R
Mouse Razer Deathadder Chroma / Roccat Kone+
Keyboard Razer Blackwidow 2013 Stealth / Roccat Isku
Software Windows 8.1 Pro / Windows 7 Ultimate
Benchmark Scores one time I scored a 3 on 3dmark 11
Finally got around to upload that clip of me killing that guy on the cliff
[YT]5xI-Wr2sdx4[/YT]

brandonwh64

Addicted to Bacon and StarCrunches!!!
Finally got around to upload that clip of me killing that guy on the cliff
[YT]5xI-Wr2sdx4[/YT]

HELL YEA!!! that guy sniped both me and erocker then mistakenly befriends taco not knowing he was with us all along! This is teamwork! Everyone needs to watch this video!