Discussion in 'techPowerUp! Club Forum' started by erocker, May 21, 2012.
is that a fucking wheelboat
It's a boat with wheels, took forever to find enough. It goes like 60km/h on land too!
This on dayz origins?
ill be in TS all day.
Are you gonna team kill me or let me bang bro?
*Interesting NEWS!* 3/8/2013
We’ve gone for a reasonably quick and dirty video blog this week, mainly because things have been very busy for us.
One of the biggest improvement areas has been the inventory system, now almost ready for a public display. This new inventory system supports crafting, interchangeable clothing, degradation, tracking, weapon customization, and much more. It’s really a revolutionary system for us and we’re extremely proud of the results that Jirka (our programmer assigned to this) has achieved.
Not touched on in the video, but what we will be showing soon is the basics of how users can interact with items in the world - this is the next step in development of our inventory system beyond where it is now. This is not a traditional crafting system, but one that encourages layers to explore the ways in which items can be crafted.
In the video, towards the end, some before and after footage of work on the zombie AI pathfinding. Not only has this changed the role, threat, and speed of the zombies - but it has also yielded performance improvements. The increased accuracy of the zombies movement allows their movement to be slowed down to more sensible values, in line with those of the players themselves. We still have some other avenues to explore in this regard, but we’re very pleased with the results so far.
Mass zombie spawning server side
Now all zombies are spawned directly on the server and their movement is governed directly on the server itself. This has allowed us to provide increased security and hack prevention mechanisms by disabling functionality at the client level. It also means that zombies no longer “pop” in and out of the world, previously used as a mechanism to tell if someone was in the area. It also paves the way for us to allow migrating zombies and zombies traversing open areas in search for their next meal.
We still have some way to go in performance, the initial tests of 4000 zombies spawned reduced the server FPS to 4. After performance optimizations this increased up to 21. We’re now confident we can have the server FPS back up to 30+ with maximum numbers of zombies in the near future.
Expanding health system
Health is extending far beyond just blood, into a system that incorporates health, blood, and consciousness level. How these are all interrelating will be touched on in its own devblog in future. Some of the exciting developments coming include longterm play effects such as poor diet affecting your long term health levels. All this translates into the importance of a longterm plan for survival of your character, and we’re sure the role of medical specialists will become very important - hopefully emphasizing social interaction opportunities.
This continues at a huge pace. The two new villages in expand Cherno and provide it a true city feeling. Also expanding is the top (north) map area and the continued development of our large-scale features being added to the map. More to follow on this! (we can’t wait to show some more of this!)
Finding loot now involves scavenging inside of vehicles, looking for items stuck between furniture, prying open car boots, or strewn in the wasteland itself. Consuming your bounty now results in rubbish, such as empty cans after consuming your beans. This is no mere gimick, because your trash can be used to track you.
There is a great deal more that can be covered, but we’re really deeply in the thick of development at the moment and we just wanted to get something quick and dirty to all those waiting for standalone. We know that you want it released, and we know you want to know when this will be - but we’re 100% committed to making this a great game, and that means we are making sure to do things properly. We’re happy and confident about the progress, so it’s one foot after another and soon we’ll be at the finish line.
I'm trying DayZ Mercenary. Looks fun.
*Interesting NEWS!* 4/15/2013
Dean “Rocket” Hall during his Puja ceremony today, proceeded by a local lama. Flour is spread on each others faces, hopefully signifying the individual reaches old age. Rocket is completing this devblog from Everest Base Camp during his attempt on the summit of Mt Everest.
Devblog from Everest base camp!
I’ll start with a huge thank you to the DayZ development team who have continued development at a breakneck pace despite me being off living a lifelong dream to climb Mt Everest. Although the timing is poor for my sabatical, it is not something planned on a whim and involves non-refundable costs of up to $100k.
So here I am, at Everest Base Camp, 5400 meters, writing what I am sure is the highest ever devblog from the ground! This is largely able to occur because of Matt Lightfoot, the youngish looking chap who is our tireless Production Assistant. Both him and others have continued to send me progress updates and approvals, which I am accessing via a satellite connection.
Anyway, the important bit is the game. Ivan is now working a great deal directly on the project, and has been picking up the slack for some of the areas I needed to address which has been a huge help. Those from the community who wanted to get involved in writing are keen to get started, but the response is so massive that we are looking to put a structure in place to ensure community written books pass through some kind of editorial process. This community content, together with copyright expired books, will form the basis of hundreds or thousands of books that can be found and read in the world. There are no set timeframes for this, so please be patient.
Ondrej, our lead programmer, continues his work on moving DayZ into a server-client architecture, turing the entire architecture of DayZ into an MMO. Jirka is working on updating some of our steamworks integration, and fixing bugs associated with the massive inventory changes we implemented over the past month.
Bebul is working on our Radio implementation, allowing players to communicate using a basic radio, similar (but more simple) to the popular ACARS radio mod for ArmA2. Players pick up radios, and they can set a frequency and talk/receive text/voice from other players. The microphone or speaker can be turned on or off to allow players to use radios as a listening device. If the player has not crafted a headset onto the radio, then the output is public (either voice or text). The results are fantastic, and Bebul is now ensuring this all works properly in the all special cases during Multiplayer play.
Our team is working their way through the animation backlog, involving new zombie animations for the new skeleton, test melee moves for our new melee system, new animations for the new animals (such as the deer), and then onto player animations for the new skeleton, custom designed to feel more like a civilian rather than the trained soldier of ArmA2.
Mostly they are working on creating the interior data required for the AI zombies to pathfind correctly inside buildings. New road decals have been created by Mario for the roads so it looks like they have a damaged look to them, to give the world more of a feel like “the Road”. One of our big special new buildings is in game, and we will surprise you with some new screenshots of this in the next devblog!
Our team of artists recruited from the community have been hard at work. The new male character mesh is being prepared, in line with the new skeleton, as well as a new template for clothing skinning. The new M4A1 has been committed with proxies that allow our new attachment system to be utilized along with the crafting system. Also being worked on are a Gas Mask, Pilot Helmet, Mauser Rifle, pen/paper, mess tin, can opener - a huge amount of items are being developed while we wait for the programming tasks to be completed heading towards our first public release.
The excitement from the team is tremendous with all these fantastic new items, allowing huge crafting possibilities.
Seven towns have been remade by SenChi, overseen by Ivan, to alter the look and feel better. Bugs are continually being fixed and we have purchased new satellite data to improve the detail of the base map (looks much better in the distance with this new data).
I realize some people are upset at my departure from the project for two months to climb Mt Everest, but hopefully from this you can see the large team Bohemia have assembled behind the development that are continuing to innovate and develop DayZ Standalone in the direction of the game we all want. This is going to take as long as it needs to, we want to release our initial alpha under the architecture it needs to avoid hacking and security issues - this is the only remaining task stopping us from releasing the alpha. But while this task is being completed, we can continue with other activities.
The next devblog will feature some screenshots to demonstrate the progress, captured by Matt, but my satellite connection and tiny laptop cant cope with downloading the current build.
So, this is the devblog I write from Everest Base Camp, at 5400 meters! Tomorrow I am off to the Khumbu Icefall for training in fixed lines and ladders, big thanks to the community for their continued patience, and everyone at Bohemia who is pushing hard towards our DayZ standalone initial release!
Everest has already been climbed, I don't get the fascination. It is now simply an "Outward Bound" for rich pecker heads that will walk past a dying man to reach a summit that countless other rich pecker heads have already trampled on.
LOL I was thinking "Why the fuck are you on everest when you could be making the fucking game"
I think of it like this. He is probably not there alone but with some BI Studios guys for a team building thing or something. He has worked on this project for a couple of years now so let him have his break.
The trip was payed for before dayz was planned most likely.. And lets face it a good break is good for people too and end up working harder in the end..
*Interesting NEWS!* 4/26/2013
Rocket may be x-way up a mountain right now, but there’s still a team of Bohemians working hard to prepare DayZ Standalone for its eventual alpha release. For this week’s development update, that team have published a video of a session from last month’s PAX East. An epic hour and a half info-dump, the majority of the video is Q&A about development plans and ideas. But you also get a nice chunk of unbroken shaky-cam game footage, running through the work-in-progress inventory and control scheme changes.
In addition, the dev team have released screenshots for a new in-game “building”. The shipwreck features a “vast amount” of indoor space, making it a cool, but high-risk location for wandering survivors. According to DayZ production assistant Matthew Lightfoot, “we haven’t decided exactly where it is going to be placed on Chernarus yet … so some of the pictures are taken from our test map which is bland/featureless and which we use for testing new buildings.”
See those pictures below:
anyone still play this? Good for a beginner like me to join or is it too far gone now?
Me and brandon like to play, but we're not on at the same time anymore. It will be fine to play for anyone. Just don't search up on dayz stuff. Trust me on this, the lack of knowledge as you play makes it so much more fun.
fair enough, me and a friend are going to play it over the weekend.
Any of guys that play this still go to this server ,I am usually on it mostly everyday ,Its fun server great admins mostly everyone will help out .You will need rmod installed and just use Dayz commander to copy paste the ip in favourites.
Dayz Commander Link
184.108.40.206:3068 It will come up Dayz Chernoarus Rmod regular Rorsarch NonPVP
Link to rmod and how to install,You will need the cherno client install
After that just go to settings in Dayz commander and paste this in the additional Launch options,If you use Steam just ignore the setting for it, it will mess up the Battle Eye updates to give data5 errors.Just put that(the command line below) in Dayz commander and it will work.
My in game name on the server is +MED+NuclearFallOut Hope to see you guys on soon. MED is a faction and yes we give Blood Trans medical supplies or rides to any where you want to go.
*Interesting NEWS!* 5/16/2013
On Thursday the 10th May, several of us went on a day trip to Real Chernarus, here is just a small selection of pictures and a couple of comparison shots, showing you real Chernarus and in-game Chernarus (DayZ Standalone).
Hopefully these pictures and the interview will give you an insight into the amount of work that our map designers put in to make Chernarus feel authentic.
Here is a link to the full album - http://goo.gl/Rgi3X
A brief interview with Ivan Buchta the map design consultant working on DayZ
almost reached my birthday for this life
On what? The hive servers? I cant even find one nowadays.
Been checking dayz devblogs lately but no more updates from the last one I posted.
Yup, still logged out around where our old camps used to be. It took about 20 mins to find a hive server with a decent ping lol. I kinda miss old vanilla servers
Posted 01 November 2012 - 01:28 PM
Releasedate XX June 2013
Serverside affected addons:
dayz_server (server admins only)
Mission (server admins only) (Prerequisites) Downloaded from http://www.silentspy...sion-generator/
SQL Files (server admins only)
BattlEye-Filters (server admins only)
* [NEW] - Removed annoying "re-arm" option from actions menu.
* [NEW] - Models and textures for mutton.
* [NEW] - Separate meat for goats, same blood regen as mutton.
* [NEW] - Can now combine magazines.
* [NEW] - Added new loot & loot table for church.
* [NEW] - Added new food and drink items (only found in supermarkets).
* [NEW] - Added model for a dropped map and watch.
* [NEW] - Weapon MakarovSD (Military and Military Special).
* [NEW] - Weapon RPK_74 (Mi8 Helicrash).
* [NEW] - Vehicle damage displayed in percent (With a Toolbox).
* [NEW] - 5L Fuel can takes 1 inv slot.
* [NEW] - Added auth retry system to make sure clients are auth'ed before they spawn (should stop seagull issue).
* [NEW] - Added force end mission for players joining with wrong version/failed auth. (Will replace timeout later).
* [NEW] - Mi8 crash site model.
* [NEW] - 2 New background tracks.
* [NEW] - 6 New "Viral" zeds - They are harder to kill, they do more damage, and they have a higher chance of causing an infection... be afraid. (Headshot will kill in one shot)
* [NEW] - Added optional watermark for servername (Server admins can choose to enable/disable. (See Mission prerequisites)). Shows servername in the bottom right of screen max 6 letters.
* [NEW] - "Sleep" at tents changed to "Rest".
* [NEW] - Remote exec security. Should prevent all major RE exploits
* [NEW] - Clear Ground around loot at crash sites added but disabled by default, server admins can enable. Adds a small circle around each loot pile http://i.imgur.com/uVDfGym.jpg
* [NEW] - Vehicles and tents now report free gear slots. Example: Old Camping Tent (weapons/others/backpacks). http://ziellos2k.net...17141327522.png
* [NEW] - Weapons spawns now have a chance to spawn with 0 mags up to a max of 2.
* [NEW] - Melee weapons can now be dropped and picked up using the normal a2 system. (This means you can now store in backpack and tents, without swapping to toolbelt) No need to take itemslots.
* [NEW] - New starting gear added. Guaranteed Start Items: ("ItemBandage","HandRoadFlare") + 1 RandomStartItem: ("ItemBandage","ItemPainkiller").
??????????????????????????* [NEW] - Servers date has been locked to give full moon nights.
* [NEW] - Zeds hitting through Walls/Buildings should now be fixed.
* [NEW] - Mainmenu Intro.
* [NEW] - 2 new stash sites. (tools required = Etool or Shovel. Items required = 1 sandbog for small, 2 sandbags for medium)
Small Stash = 12 object slots, 0 Weapon, 0 bags. http://i.imgur.com/b9cRA2i.jpg
Medium Stash = 25 object slots, 1 Weapon, 0 bags. http://i.imgur.com/FkHR6xX.jpg
* [NEW] - Infected survivor camps. Three types (small).
* [NEW] - FPS Monitor this will dynamicly change how/total amount of zeds/loot/trash is spawning to keep the players base fps up.
* [NEW] - 1 New Melee weapon (Baseball Bat). http://i.imgur.com/ttWt4PJ.jpg
* [NEW] - Wild Spawning of zeds has been redone and readded.
* [NEW] - Zed Spawning fully updated to spawn outside the players field of view. (Excludes Infected camps, due to trigger zones being tested).
* [NEW] - Zeds can now tackle players to the ground when attacked.
* [NEW] - Epeen UI has now been updated and renamed journal.
* [NEW] - Blood from food and transfusions will now generate over time (no longer instant).
* [NEW] - All food types now have a diminishing effect so the more you try and eat at once, the less blood you will get in return.
* [NEW] - Blood UI updated to indicate the player's blood loss / gain rate and will also indicate when you're sick (infected).
* [NEW] - Bloodbags will no longer transfer 12000 blood instantly, it's now done over 12 seconds (1000 blood per second). If the medic breaks away from the transfusion animation or the recipient moves out of range, the transfer stops and the remaining amount is lost along with the bloodbag in use.
* [FIXED] - Vehicle repair should now work correctly.
* [FIXED] - Humanity skin change can now change during gameplay in all directions. (No longer have to die/logout to change from hero to normal to bandit and vice versa)
* [FIXED] - StudyBody should now work. (Describing wounds accurately)
* [FIXED] - Crashsite loot should now spawn correctly for all types of Crash model.
* [FIXED] - Hero Skin teleport issue.
* [FIXED] - BAF Bags so they don't set on fire. (no moaning it was a bug)
* [FIXED] - Updated timeout timer from 40 secs to 60 secs, Should allow lower end systems to keep up. (Something went wrong, please disconnect and try again!)
* [FIXED] - Zeds spawning underground.
* [FIXED] - Loot spawning underground.
* [FIXED] - Melee weapons having no ammo on login/skin change. (Open close gear menu will always reset ammo count to 10000)
* [FIXED] - Loot Spawns have now been fully resolved. Buildings are now tagged and will not spawn any new loot for 15 minutes.
* [FIXED] - Loot Cleanup has now been fully resolved. Old loot piles will now be cleaned every 60 minutes and no players within 250 meters(WIP). (Server performance boost)
* [FIXED] - Gear menu exploit to force respawn.
* [FIXED] - Optimized some destruction effects for security and performance.
* [FIXED] - Unconscious damage scale to only happen if hit by zeds. (reduces damage while unconscious)
* [FIXED] - Dayz Date/Time public var will now end mission on failed attempt.
* [FIXED] - Can no longer break legs by anything other than players/zeds/falling/getting out of moving vehicle.
* [FIXED] - A lot of dupeing issues should now be resolved.
* [FIXED] - Most wallhack exploits should now be resolved.
* [FIXED] - M107 & AS50 Lock on system removed.
* [UPDATED] - Zed sight limited to 100 meters.
* [UPDATED] - Updated rabbit to drop 2 raw food items. Lowered hp gain to Raw - 200 each / Cooked - 1000 each.
* [UPDATED] - Updated chicken - hp gain. Raw - 200 each / Cooked - 1000 each.
* [UPDATED] - Moved anti teleport system to mission. Server admins can choose to enable/disable. (See prerequisites)
* [UPDATED] - ALL loot table weights have been updated.
* [UPDATED] - ALL loot table weights have been rebalanced.
* [UPDATED] - Updated Czech, German, Spanish, French and Russian stringtable.
* [UPDATED] - Mac and 1911 Pistol dmg updated.
* [UPDATED] - CrashSite Loot should now represent each type of model more. (("MilitaryWEST","HeliCrashWEST") Two new crash site loot tables)
* [UPDATED] - Re-added the "save" option to tents and vehicles. This is a fail-safe option, not required. (Due to a small amount of servers reporting issues with tents saving. With no info for us to recreate we re-added this option to save tents/vehicles)
* [UPDATED] - Zed generate system. has now been fully rewrote should stop zeds spawning in view of players then being deleted.
* [UPDATED] - Zeds overall dmg has been updated per hit/per zed (Old Type: Max possible dmg = body 600, Legs 100, Hands 50, Head 1200 New Type: Body 1200, Head 2400)
* [UPDATED] - Bleed from zed attacks will now only happen if the initial dmg is above 0.7 or the zed gives a head shot. (should reduce the amount of bandages needed)
* [UPDATED] - Zeds knocking players unconscious now has a 50/50 chance if damage multiplier is above > 0.8
* [UPDATED] - When unconscious all damage is reduced to 50 blood for each hit zeds do no matter the part they hit. (Should allow some survivability)
* [UPDATED] - Zeds sight and sound chance has been re-added so there is a chance they can ignore you.
* [UPDATED] - Sight and sound rebalanced to make them a little more even from movement.
* [UPDATED] - Call extension calls for vehicle damage.
* [UPDATED] - Zeds will no longer spawn for air vehicles.
* [UPDATED] - Hunters loot table adjusted with more weapons.
* [UPDATED] - SQL files working on Linux.
* [UPDATED] - Add crawl animation damage. Players will now take dmg from crawling zeds.
* [UPDATED] - Updated zed speed to default.
* [UPDATED] - Melee systems updated.
* [UPDATED] - M107 lowered chance in loot tables.
* [UPDATED] - AS50 lowered chance in loot tables.
* [UPDATED] - Old Bandit skin for male characters.
* [UPDATED] - Lowered action sound for refuel from 10 meters to 5.
* [UPDATED] - Lowered Direct comms action sound.
* [UPDATED] - Vehicle damage syncs updated to reduce call extension spam.
* [UPDATED] - Lowered Transfusion infection rate.
* [UPDATED] - Quiver acts as a quiver, you now have to take an arrow out of the quiver.
* [UPDATED] - You can now only have 1 useable quiver in your main inventory and unlimited in your backpack.
* [UPDATED] - Melee range has been updated.
* [UPDATED] - HMMWV Cargo updated. (10 weapons, 50 slots and 2 backpack)
* [UPDATED] - AH6 & MH6 Cargo updated. (AH6 3 weapons, 30 slots and 2 backpacks) (MH6J 3 weapons, 20 slots and 3 backpacks)
* [UPDATED] - Fire Places will no longer act as storage systems.
* [UPDATED] - Fireplace can now only be lit once without adding new wood inside the fireplace.
* [UPDATED] - Fireplace can no longer be picked up after lighting.
* [UPDATED] - Vehicles speeds HMMWV, PBX and UAZ - Faster / ATV's - Slower
* [UPDATED] - Tanktraps, sandbags and razor-wires won't spawn in buildings. Tents will always spawn in a safe place.
* [UPDATED] - Up to +/-2000 Humanity gain/loss according to "humanKills" counter from killed character.
* [UPDATED] - Refuel now locks the player in place for the time to fill.
* [UPDATED] - More lootable buildings (Iron barn, car wrecks, several non enterable buildings...)
* [UPDATED] - 2 Chopper crash sites spawn on server start + 2-3 infected Camps.
* [UPDATED] - Sickness(Infection) can now cause death.
* [REMOVED] - M107 and AS50(Banned) from all loot tables and removed all damage from bullets so they do 0 damage even if spawned in.
Release date Monday June 10 2013
Separate names with a comma.