Discussion in 'techPowerUp! Club Forum' started by erocker, May 21, 2012.
Well im at the top of a castle right now haha.
yea, i think the dayz dev team should have some leniency with server admins. after all they are paying for the bandwidth/hardware and should have some say on how things are run.
I know where my body is, and I can prob get back there easily, but its no fun having top of the line stuff.
get used to it
I was alwayz too sccared to do anything if anyone can get to the church near elektro on atlanta 22 you can have my stuff
i believe the bodies disappear after 15 minutes anyway. i could be wrong though.
It's longer than that, I think it's almost an hour. I died by Novy Sobor and ran back to my body then went out to Novy sobor and came back and it was still there, then went out and got some food and came back and it was still there. So it's a pretty good amount of time, probably not enough for anyone to get Kevins gear though, just more than enough time to make it back to your own corpse even if you are as far north as it gets.
Back to day 1 whos online and in what server? I got 1 punched by a zombie again lol he hit me and it made me pass out and break my legs. I had 12k blood m4 red dot alive 5 days to die from one zombie and a fence:shadedshu.
I STREAM DAY Z!
Come watch if you're bored!
That is the worst, it makes me a little leery to turn around and gun now when I'm being chased and I'm alone. I didn't even know it was possible until a few nights ago, hell, nvidia was with me and he had a hard time blasting the 'roided up zombie off of me, took me from 1200 to 4000 in no time at all and busted the hell out of my bones.
So I just finished my first session of streaming DayZ (15 viewers! woohoo!) and we went into an army base filled with tents, each tent with guns, ammo, etc.
We accidentally aggro a zombie and had to defend inside one of the tents as they just poured in!
We survive the attack, with literally 20 or more dead.
We decide to loot the rest of the tents. Someone snipes my friend. I get away and survive.
Lol, sounds like you're in Stary Sabor. I've been sniped there a few times myself.
We found a car today, hopefully we hid it well enough.
Thing I hate is most of the time the zombies just run all crazy like. When I was using the Crossbow I just had to wait for them to reach me and basically give the ma free hit on me just so they would finally stand still. I'm still in that habit as I don't want to waste ammo, but numerous times now a lone zombie I give hit that 1 hit on me so he will stand still, but that 1 hit he gets breaks my legs :/ Pretty sure I have styrofoam bones and when they hit me it just blows the bones right out of my meat suit. So I'll wait for the next patch thats suppose to fix zombie pathing and also tone down broken bones a bit (and I don't even care about that part for the most part, if they pathed correctly I could just shoot them). Then I'll be back at it again, hopefully that patch comes this week, I heard it was suppose to.
broken bones would be far mor okay if there would be places beside hospitals where you can find morphine... or even better... get spawned with one injector.
Also, in my opinion you should be able to use big sticks from trees, to use them as a melee... in a world full of zombies everyone should be able to obtain sth like that, and not run around totally unarmed till you find something useful.
I'd rather just see a push down feature that additional melee weapons since hatchets are pretty easy to come by. I think being able to push down some zombies would be very entertaining. Also there are other spawns for morphine, it's just rare, I've found 2 inside a single church once.
well, why then not just kick them away, dead island way? i actually found that VERY entertaining!
Whenever is a church round, when you have a broken leg? You just can respawn if that happens, and youre on the countryside somewhere.
BTW Hatchet drops will get rarer with next patch, so the pretty much useless crowbar will be more often spawned i think (Hatchet is too strong i guess, with its one hit kill ability )
Why cant i just take a Kitchen Knife? dammit... weapons are not as rare in the real world, as they are in Dayz
The kick is just to unrealistic for a mod like this. I did enjoy DI, but it was a bit over the top as well, but it fit that game. And as far as a church being near, most decent sized towns have one, so I'd say pretty often, but that wasn't the point of me saying that. I was just saying that thats one place I have personally seen one, meaning they do spawn in places beyond hospitals, they may spawn elsewhere, but I'm doubting it since it wouldn't make much sense for people to just keep morphine stock piles in their house on the countryside.
It would be nice to see some extra easy to find weapons, though getting melee with a zombie (even with a 1 hit hatchet) is less than idea since they have a chance to break bones or make you bleed.
Also I haven't heard anything about a nerf to hatchet spawns next patch, here's the 1.7.2 patch notes (the patch is suppose to land today)
* [FIXED] Infected hear perfectly through objects (noise reduced by 50% through an object)
* [FIXED] Animal bodies despawn way too fast (now despawn automatically after 2 minutes)
* [FIXED] Corrupted update data causes people to spawn in debug forest (now will not save corrupted position data)
* [FIXED] States where animal might stop walking around (now should walk around more)
* [FIXED] Animal AI routines consuming large amounts of FPS (now in line with Infected AI routines, reduced FPS usage)
* [NEW] Player Syncing system replaced (increased performance and ammo quantity tracking)
* [FIXED] Error reports are almost invisible (has now been fixed)
* [FIXED] Daylight calculations causing slight FPS issue
* [NEW] Visibility now smoothly alters based on sun, moon, cloud, rain, and fog state
* [NEW] Aubility now dampened in rain and increased by fog
* [FIXED] Object cleanup causing significant (huge) performance issue on servers (reduced by up to 50%, means more players + zombies possible)
* [FIXED] Use of "allMissionObjects" causing performance issue on clients (new engine command "entities" used to improve FPS on clients)
* [FIXED] Too easy to break legs due to infected (reduced probability of leg damage, reduced amount of leg damage)
* [FIXED] Inspection of dead bodies does not work (fix only applies with ArmA2 Beta 94033 and above)
* [NEW] Exponent driven probability introduced into visibility calculation
* [FIXED] Hatchet/Crowbar requires reloading ( https://dev-heaven.net/issues/34903 )
* [FIXED] Unlimited Wire fence/Sandbag/Tank Trap Bug ( https://dev-heaven.net/issues/34283 )
* [FIXED] Duplication Exploit on object pickup ( https://dev-heaven.net/issues/34031 )
* [FIXED] Not full magazines disappear when you reconnect ( https://dev-heaven.net/issues/33998 )
* [NEW] Set Bear Traps that break player and infected legs, kills animals, when activated
* [NEW] Authentication process streamlined with new ArmA2 Beta commands (publicVariableServer and publicVariableClient)
* [NEW] Authentication for duplicate IDs supportive of the new beta patch (ArmAX users)
this was just from the Wiki:
"The Hatchet is currently a very common loot drop, it is expected by much of the community to be reduced in frequency with coming patches. "
as said, why not beeing able to carry a big long wooden/iron stick, to crush zombie skulls?
there are surely enough metal scraps and wooden planks or bits lying around
People need the ability to drop kick zombies. If nothing else but for the lulz.
Also remember you don't need to out run zombies. You just need to out run the slowest person in your party.
if we get the ability to jump, that may can happen... dont feel like climbing up a ladder everytime i wanna do that...broken legs included
Thats indeed the case, if you have a party! beeing alone is a harsh fate in Dayz
I don't see anything on the list about the Steam invisible crap, but I haven't noticed any pecker heads when I have been on in the last couple of days, either.
Thats from a wiki and even then that doesn't say next patch, it just says "expected". Seems thats more someones opinion rather than truth. I could see hatchet spawns being reduced once they fix zombie pathing, simply because they zig zag so much now, sometimes it almost makes me feel like the hatchet is necessary (till my leg bones blow right out of my legs). But with 1.7.2 that chance will be reduced, I just hate wasting ammo on a zombie that runs all crazy like.
Even then though i just don't see it happening. Risking getting a cut and bleeding (especially with numerous zombies around) is not ideal as it's extra blood loss you could have avoided. Thats one of the worst feelings for me, is seeing I'm bleeding, but knowing I have to take care of the rest of the zombies and watch my blood drain away before I can begin to bandage. Also the fact that it's a alpha and a mod and the hatchet has a small effect on the game. I just think he'll have bigger bugs to crush. I would think fine tuning item spawns that don't have a massive impact on the game overall to be tuned maybe later on in the beta.
Yeah hoepfully it gets solved soon, only been killed by 1 invisible guy so far, but thats more than enough. I just wonder if he can fix it or if it's just an Arma II issue since the Arma II beta patch fixes it. Maybe they should just finalize that patch and make it mandatory to play the game. Would solve the problem.
Oh, wow you're right. We were in Stary Sobor.
We encountered so many survivors there, t'was ridiculous.
Probably the most intense area so far. Too much activity and very hostile.
Erocker how far did you guys hide the car from Electro? and did you guys find engine parts?
The main DAYZ server is getting DDOS'ed which makes the entire game unplayable. Pathetic.
Separate names with a comma.