1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

DayZ (Mod for ARMA II: OAH) Clubhouse

Discussion in 'techPowerUp! Club Forum' started by erocker, May 21, 2012.

1. the54thvoid

the54thvoid

Thanks Received:
    How ironic. This zombie survival mod is no longer about zombies. It's about people killing people. The game needs a white flag (or white cap) mod. You wear a white cap - you don't shoot people. If you wear white cap and shoot first - you get server killed.

If you shoot a white cap - you're a dick.

It's losing it's way - at least for me.

MT Alex says thanks.
  2. Velvet Wafer

Velvet Wafer New Member

Thanks Received:
    they should introduce a grouping option, seems pretty unlikely that in a zombie apocalypse humans fight each other more than they fight the zombies, and grouping up would be far more common;)

3. InnocentCriminal

InnocentCriminal Resident Grammar Amender

Thanks Received:
    I love the threat of being taken out at any given time by some jerk with an M107. The zombies are annoying as they are now but don't forget it's an alpha, so maybe we'll see hundreds, maybe even thousands of them investing towns so it'll be a shit-tonne harder to PvP.

Just imagine a whole town over ran with hundreds of the fuckers. That'd be fun, especially if you have the added fear of people watching from afar, waiting for you to clear the way only for them to kill you and take the town.

Oh the possibilities.

4. 1Kurgan1

1Kurgan1 The Knife in your Back

Thanks Received:
    People killing people is to be expected, and here's why.

1) The game is hard when you start. When you have no idea whats going on, I progressively got better, not only at playing but learning where items I wanted actually spawned. So getting back guns and other things honestly doesn't take very long now, and avoiding zombies isn't even a problem. So once you are well setup, dealing with those zombies is usually the last of your worries, only time it's an issue is if you know people are near and you don't want to give away your location. Or you don't want to shoot and get zombies on you while oyu are in a PvP situation.

2) Real life to Video Games just doesn't scale well. In real life when you see someone and offer support to them, they join you. This person now lives with you, you require this person to watch your back and they require you to watch theirs. Online running across random people, these are people you will never probably see again. Sure they could give you some sort of rewards for assists other players, but in real life the reward is knowing this person will be there for you, so giving you any sort of reward beyond that is going to be more of an RPG type element and not a realistic one.

I think mostly the problem is, is just that real life to videogames just doesn't scale correctly. But the fact that once you got down surviving, it becomes a lot easier.

5. InnocentCriminal

InnocentCriminal Resident Grammar Amender

Thanks Received:
    New beta patch out and 1.7.2.4 is targeted for Wednesday.

1Kurgan1 says thanks.
  6. catnipkiller

catnipkiller

Thanks Received:
    Just got out to save my car and saw my gun was gong then i got hacked again along with everyone on the server... This new hack is starting to piss me off.

7. erocker

erocker Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Of course! After everyone finally updated to the latest ArmA 2 beta patch and things are working well.

8. MxPhenom 216

MxPhenom 216 Corsair Fanboy

Thanks Received:
    I think its more the fact that it is a video game and survival in a video game is irrelevant because you die you just respawn. Theres really not much at stake other then loosing all your stuff you found. But after a while it becomes easy to get everything again if you know where to go like you said.

9. the54thvoid

the54thvoid

Thanks Received:
    Hmm, if i wanted to kill everything I'd just play any old fps. I think IC's idea of a mass infestation is better - force players to play with each other, not against.

Like i say - it's no longer a zombie game when people kill you more than zombies do. May as well get rid of the zombies and call it Arma II. Oh wait....

10. erocker

Thanks Received:
    Two things they need to do.

1. Turn side chat back on. This was a great tool in calling out where snipers are and generally a more friendly atmosphere.

2. Zombies need to hear gunshots. This has been broken, apparently it is getting fixed in the next patch.

I guess there's nothing wrong with not liking the game. Just don't play it.

1Kurgan1 says thanks.
  11. MxPhenom 216

Thanks Received:
    Where did you guys get to last night when i got off? or were you guys still Server hopping?

12. erocker

Thanks Received:
    WAT?

We went looking for car parts and for Ducky. Ufgy sniped a guy at a crashed heli from 800 meters, and we gave a guy named Sven some meat.

13. catnipkiller

catnipkiller

Thanks Received:
    I am in server us175 i think or us 175 named i7 i know where 1 atv is out og gass and i am on the way to fix another.

14. MxPhenom 216

Thanks Received:
    yeah but what town/city did you guys stop near and logged off at? I fixed it.

15. erocker

Thanks Received:
    Somewhere around Stary/Novy.

16. TheMailMan78

TheMailMan78 Big Member

Thanks Received:
    I bet you did.

17. MxPhenom 216

Thanks Received:
    When are you getting this game?

18. TheMailMan78

TheMailMan78 Big Member

Thanks Received:
    I have this game. Ive just been really sick for a few days now.

19. brandonwh64

brandonwh64 Addicted to Bacon and StarCrunches!!!

Thanks Received:
    Ok According on what time I get things packed up for the vacation I will be on tonight and you guys will have to teach me the ropes.

Crunching for Team TPU
  20. TheMailMan78

TheMailMan78 Big Member

Thanks Received:
    Well apparently you have to give Sven some meat.

21. Velvet Wafer

Velvet Wafer New Member

Thanks Received:
    Why have they disabled it anyway? In my opinion this just helps to divide the player base, and makes communication much more difficult! Do you what reason they had to do that?

22. 1Kurgan1

1Kurgan1 The Knife in your Back

Thanks Received:
    Yeah, that exactly ties into #2. You don't need to survive in this game even, you just need to find your corpse. And you don't need these people to guard you, because you don't have to sleep, you can just log out. There needs to be some sort of reward system for helping others, but it can't be something over the top when this is suppose to be realistic, hard to find that balance.

Also I think voice chat area is too small and not directional enough. If it was a longer range you could yell out to people, I've noticed if you actually talk people are usually friendly. Because now you aren't just some thing running around, the first guy I killed talked on his mic as he was dying and it made me feel bad. But increased range brings problems, like people already play mic tricks with sound effects, and it's too hard to pin point them, so it almost sounds like it's really there. So they would need to make it obviously directional.

Whats this! I thought you were only getting it if it went back to $5... This is an outrage! :laugh:

23. Killer_Rubber_Ducky

Killer_Rubber_Ducky

Thanks Received:
    My take on VOIP is to enable at least ACRE for radio communication. CB radios are common so, when cell towers are down, you use walkies and CB and HAM.

--Catnip, can you describe this new Hack?

24. catnipkiller

catnipkiller

Thanks Received:
    Yeah everyone in the game gets teleport to one location and everyone shoots each other or the hacker has a trap waiting. This one had a chopper and killed us all. the first time this happend to me i was ported to the bottom right island on the map with everyone else. I shot like 5 people then ran and logged off. I have 2 accounts and its happend to both.

Killer_Rubber_Ducky says thanks.
  25. Killer_Rubber_Ducky

Killer_Rubber_Ducky

Thanks Received:
    damn sorry man.

I found another mod that would be great for DayZ. I am sure most people would love to be able to start brush and forest fires in-game. This mod does that as well as makes smoke auto-block the AI from seeing you. :)

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?86237-JTD-Fire-And-Smoke

[yt]S-_uDM3sWcc[/yt]

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 20, 2013
    Velvet Wafer says thanks.