1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

DayZ (Mod for ARMA II: OAH) Clubhouse

Discussion in 'techPowerUp! Club Forum' started by erocker, May 21, 2012.

1. MxPhenom 216

MxPhenom 216 Corsair Fanboy

Thanks Received:
    All we ask is to keep it updated.

2. 1Kurgan1

1Kurgan1 The Knife in your Back

Thanks Received:
    So last night I hoped onto play and Allen was telling me how he was reading a Reddit post about a clans camp being found on a server. He went and checked out the coords on the server and didn't find any camp. But he found a dirt bike then heard a vehicle by the NWA. He tried following it but couldn't. He ended up just having fun with the dirt bike and driving North. And just by chance he found their camp. They had 4x M4A1 CCO SD's, he grabbed one and the cool new Camo from them. He ended up logging out there and he logged in later and heard a massive explosion so he logged back out.

Turns out they had found a chopper and they must have crashed it into the forest and someone died on the way down. Me and Allen went back at about 4am this morning, there was 4 people on the server counting me and him, so we figured it was pretty safe. Well we were wrong, the only other 2 people there were both at that damn camp. They spotted us and took off sprinting, we also left to get Ufgy. We headed back once we got him, and those guys were gone, one of them had died when we were gone somehow. As far as Allens recon info went they had a Ural, VS3, Chopper, and UAZ. When we got there they also had a silver car. Well when we made it back the second time all vehicles were gone. I found the chopper and it was completely red almost, and a blown up VS3 parked into the tree behind it. Supposedly they had very little things in their tents to the North, our plan was to jack all of their vehicles since they were absolutely loaded. But with 2 down they must have lost a lot of gear there. We went looking for the Silver Car and UAZ that we seen when we went there the first time. Ufgy found the UAZ slammed into another tree and blown up, probably how the one guy died (he found that guys corpse next to the truck when he logged in during daylight). So there went more loot. We found the Silver Car as well and I blew that up with my Mk-48 (though there wasn't any really good loot on it). And since we couldn't find the Ural (maybe they blew that up as well, lol) I was cold, so I went and built some campfires by their tents as I looted them all, took what I needed and threw the rest on the ground, then took down all their sandbags :laugh:

This camp was for a clan of 15 - 20 people. And by our records they lost everything in their two tent (that was on me). A UAZ (thats on a panicking noob), a VS3 (not sure what happened here?), a Chopper (why they tried landing this in a forest I don't know), a Silver Car (once again on me). The only thing unaccounted for is that Ural, we search 3000m around their camp and didn't find it, so I believe that is gone as well. I kinda wanted to destroy more things, but seems they beat us mostly to the punch by blowing up their own things.

This clan likes to post youtube videos of their clan meetings (held every sat or sunday and these meetings are like an hour - 1hr 30min long), I listed to the DayZ part of the meeting they had yesterday. They said that the new update is out and Heli's are now up and that they are pretty sure there is only one on each server and they already found it, and that everything was going good.... lol. Little did they know 12 hours later absolutely all of their shit got blown up (heck they did half of the work for us).

ufgy20 and MxPhenom 216 say thanks.
  3. bpgt64

bpgt64

Thanks Received:
    US 1623 TPU Is the server name.

4. Sir B. Fannybottom

Sir B. Fannybottom

Thanks Received:
    Anyone getting terrible FPS, with only 1% GPU usage?

5. MT Alex

MT Alex

Thanks Received:
    It must take a while to come online, nothing comes up in Dayz Commander. Thanks again.

6. Hugis

Hugis

Thanks Received:
    Its there in sixlauncher, 14 people on atm :cool:

7. brandonwh64

brandonwh64 Addicted to Bacon and StarCrunches!!!

Thanks Received:
    Going to farm it today sometime, Have we setup up base camp yet? If so PM me the location were I can offload all this shit I have.

Crunching for Team TPU
  8. bpgt64

bpgt64

Thanks Received:
    Ok, so there's some tricks for getting to the server. For some reason DayZ Commander still doesn't see it. First, log into any server on DayZ Commander. This will boot up Arma II and the Mod. Then back out to server selection and enter "1623"; You could enter more, but it won't do you any good. This should find the server, in the normal Arma II Browswer. PM me if you have any trouble.

9. Hugis

Hugis

Thanks Received:
    Is there any chance of putting side channel on(blue) :rockout:

10. bpgt64

bpgt64

Thanks Received:
    Not sure what you mean? That like group chat??

11. MxPhenom 216

Thanks Received:
    No, update your drivers or do a clean install. That sounds like a driver issue more than anything else.

Bad ass!

Time for erocker, alex, and I to go on a hunt for 3 white trucks!

Please keep it updated!

12. MT Alex

MT Alex

Thanks Received:
    Side chat is visible to everyone on the whole map, instead of only those in a very close proximity like group chat.

When I left at 1:30 am last night, no vehicles had spawned yet, but Erocker was going to stay longer. The other people that Hugis was talking about probably got them.

13. MxPhenom 216

Thanks Received:
    Well we are stealing them! have a big war for vehicles assuming they are in the server when we are.

14. brandonwh64

Thanks Received:
    Last night me and death found parts to the heli and 4 engine packs along with plenty of windshields so We need to move them to the new server. Has a base camp been established?

Crunching for Team TPU
  15. Evolved

Evolved New Member

Thanks Received:
    Why is it night time in TPU server?

16. brandonwh64

Thanks Received:
    He probably has it adjusted so its daylight when we play at night.

Crunching for Team TPU
  17. bpgt64

bpgt64

Thanks Received:
    I wanted to have Daytime be during evening hours, I did not intentionally accomplish this, however...it somehow happened.

18. MT Alex

MT Alex

Thanks Received:
    I'm not sure why it wouldn't be in the same spot, it's a good spot.

19. Easy Rhino

Easy Rhino Linux Advocate

Thanks Received:
    bah! just as i have LESS time to play you guys go ahead and get a server and base camp! balls to you!

20. MT Alex

MT Alex

Thanks Received:
    My balls, across your nose:laugh:

21. Sir B. Fannybottom

Sir B. Fannybottom

Thanks Received:
    All other games work perfectly fine, I've reinstalled and I'm still having problems

22. MxPhenom 216

Thanks Received:
    No idea, but erocker, alex, and I have a new one but I do not think we are giving coordinates out to people.

23. Killer_Rubber_Ducky

Killer_Rubber_Ducky

Thanks Received:
    well then, most likely I will make one for general use.I will provide coords to TPU members.

24. D007

D007

Thanks Received:
    I thought the idea was to have a tpu team but apparently it's not. It's to have a few groups of tpu eliteists, who make sure they leave you feeling as unwelcome as possible..
    I thinks I'm done with this game. Not like I ever really thought it was worth a crap in the first place.
    Really it's just a shell of a game and it will fall flat. I can already tell.. The biggest reason it will fall flat is the people who play it..
    Hackers, ragers and eliteists.. Typical..

25. Killer_Rubber_Ducky

Killer_Rubber_Ducky

Thanks Received:
    I created a TPU team but no one has submitted their in-game name as well as their Player profile ID so I can add it to the XML file. Dont jump to conclusions so quickly.