1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

DayZ (Mod for ARMA II: OAH) Clubhouse

Discussion in 'techPowerUp! Club Forum' started by erocker, May 21, 2012.

1. davewade91 New Member

Thanks Received:
    Oh right, I forgot: on the internet I have to be using perfect grammar. Other than me not capitalizing my sentences, wtf was the problem? Nvm, I will come back. Now that sounds silly.

2. davewade91 New Member

Thanks Received:
    There are TONS of hills with trees so... we came to your forum because we were wondering why our hours of looting and such was f'ed over. I just have a friend who farms camps up north and saw it.

1Kurgan1 and Killer_Rubber_Ducky say thanks.
  3. Killer_Rubber_Ducky

Killer_Rubber_Ducky

Thanks Received:
    I'm using the choppa as a taxi service. don't shoot. drop red or green smoke if you need a pickup and im in the area.

4. erocker

erocker Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Did you get your stuff back after the second restart? Believe me, I was near my truck the first time I restarted and it was gone too. I thought everything got reset. :eek:

5. Killer_Rubber_Ducky

Killer_Rubber_Ducky

Thanks Received:
    The server needs to be setup to restart twice back to back.

6. erocker

Thanks Received:
    Can't be done. Just need to hit the button twice.

7. Jarvis

Jarvis New Member

Thanks Received:
    Admins of servers don't have the power to move you to another location. If you ended up on the coast after the restart that was due to you ending up in the debug plains, but you don't get sent there anymore, you are thrown into a random spawn location on the coast which is way better. Also for some reason when the server is restarted tents and vehicles don't load in, loot in buildings and infected do. 2nd restart loads vehicles and tents, which is a weird bug but w/e. I spent hours repairing 5 fourwheelers, tractor, bike, bus and driving them to that base only to have people flip the atvs lol and for you and your friend to steal everything except my love bus.

I aint mad though, thats part of the game. I play 6-8 hours a day and had 1000 zombie kills, 4 murders at 18 days old. I died just today after finding the hacked/scripted as50, i am sad about losing such an old char to a bug. We went looking for the vehicles and only found the ural so if you did take the vehicles good job on hiding the rest. I'm not making this post trying to defend any TPU members actions as i barely know any of them, you can look at my post count. What you are explaining happening is just a bug of the server and of the game client itself and had nothing to do with any TPU member.

P.S. Can i have my tractor back lol?

*Edit* I talked to Cocaine Bear or bpgt64? and he said something about server restart at 5 am and one at 5:05 am. So hopefully that fixes the issue.

8. Killer_Rubber_Ducky

Killer_Rubber_Ducky

Thanks Received:
    no i mean in the server config, cocaine bear has it set up to reboot at 5am. maybe it can be set to 2 times

9. Sir B. Fannybottom

Sir B. Fannybottom

Thanks Received:
    I hope you get raped by a pack of wolves.

10. Easy Rhino

Easy Rhino Linux Advocate

Thanks Received:
    you are a great pilot but a moron if you do that.

MT Alex says thanks.
    Crunching for Team TPU
  11. bpgt64

bpgt64

Thanks Received:
    I can't move people, spawn items, or anything. And I have full control from HFB's website. I can spin up the server, modify the main config file which has limited options, and start/stop the server.

I have scheduled a second reboot at 5:10am after the 5:00am reboot. Not sure why this fixes it but I'll try anything.

Killer_Rubber_Ducky says thanks.
  12. ShiBDiB

ShiBDiB

Thanks Received:
    this

I know I'd kill you and steal ur chopper for myself. So.. ill pop smoke come get me :)

13. Killer_Rubber_Ducky

Killer_Rubber_Ducky

Thanks Received:
    well crap. I was trying to land the chopper on an island peak near skalisty and it effin fell off the hill. Now I have to wait a week for that thing to respawn, then repair it assuming no one else gets to it first. :banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

14. catnipkiller

catnipkiller

Thanks Received:
    Think its hacked but its fun to drive lol.

[​IMG]

15. MT Alex

MT Alex

Thanks Received:
    Noooo!

What does Nvm mean?

ufgy20 says thanks.
  16. Mussels

Mussels Moderprator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    "Nevermind"

17. 1Kurgan1

1Kurgan1 The Knife in your Back

Thanks Received:
    Parked the dirtbike in a barn, came back to it (no one else in the barn) and see who's trying to jack my wheels...
    [​IMG]
    I seen something on it, scoped up was curious if someone was taking it, seeing a zombie inside the bike made me laugh.

Nah like he said, he said, just a picture of hills. Having a base on the edge of the map isn't a good idea, with little cover people search out there for bases all the time. I've seen so many pictures of bases being found out there, it's better off being inside the map somewhere. Someone might stumble across it, but usually people don't base hunt inside the map at least. So pick the popular routes like cherno to NWA look at the lines connecting them all then find good spots where there is no line near it, so the risk of traffic is low. But yeah that base on the top of the map with not much cover wasn't a very good spot, but also the fact that it was near a corner of the map, thats usually where people are going to start searches, either NE side corner or SW side corner and just run the edge of the map.

Yeah not sure why the server restarts is weird. But like said you should still have the vehicles you stole in whatever spots you put them, except the Ural since we found that.

Last edited: Aug 4, 2012
    Sir B. Fannybottom says thanks.
  18. catnipkiller

catnipkiller

Thanks Received:
    Dont know if that bus is still in cherno and that white care should have respawned in vysnoye if anyone is looking for a new car.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

19. Killer_Rubber_Ducky

Killer_Rubber_Ducky

Thanks Received:
    and the red car. we found tha too

1Kurgan1 says thanks.
  20. brandonwh64

brandonwh64 Addicted to Bacon and StarCrunches!!!

Thanks Received:
    Erocker that was a crappy server restart at 2:45!! I was a bout 300M out in a boat when the server restarted I was same place but without a boat it took FOREVER to swim back.

Crunching for Team TPU
  21. erocker

Thanks Received:
    I gave a warning. People couldn't connect due to BattleEye not updating and it needed a restart. These things happen.

22. catnipkiller

catnipkiller

Thanks Received:
    Anyone know where the yellow car was saved/ parked?

NSFW

[​IMG]

brandonwh64 says thanks.
  23. 1Kurgan1

1Kurgan1 The Knife in your Back

Thanks Received:
    This morning me and Allen were up and the NWA, only him, me, and ufgy on the server. I'm heading up to the norther barracks and all of a sudden I see zombies spawned outside of it. Take a look at players and sure enough someone is there and I'm sure they probably heard the 4 wheeler. I hid it and tried to take a look see with my AS50, but zombies aggro'd. So I moved farther down and Allen moved up on the west side of the airfield. He ended up seeing the guy and taking a shot, but the guy dipped into the woods out east and logged instantly. We were bored so Al added him to friends and the guy was instantly on another super low pop server. And before we could join him he left that and went to another, so we realized he was just farming the northern high yield barracks on every empty/low pop server he could find. And we thought that had to end, ufgy made it up there as well and we went to the 3rd server and posted up. As soon as we got in there this guy we were following killed another player (well that made this decision easy). We waited for 2 - 3 min and he popped out of the door. I fired once wide and as soon as it zipped past him he turned east and started booking it. I quickly lined it back up and put one right on his heart. Think I had it zero'd to 500 though so looks like it went through his head :p He instantly logged after that.

[​IMG]

Killer_Rubber_Ducky says thanks.
  24. erocker

Thanks Received:
    Did you get a name on the server hopping scum?

25. Easy Rhino

Easy Rhino Linux Advocate

Thanks Received:
    tpu server is not showing up in my list? is something wrong?

Crunching for Team TPU