Discussion in 'techPowerUp! Club Forum' started by erocker, May 21, 2012.
See I've found 18.104.22.168 to be excellent. Only thing broken is the retarded hatchets.
the zeds are still messed up. some servers dont seem to be working right with the line of sight update.
edit: ahh yea update time!!!!!
Can't help but think 22.214.171.124 won't be out until I'm asleep.
Just got done uploading my vid its still processing i think but it should work.
made this in under 5 mins dont juge it.
just came out dude.
126.96.36.199 has just been released.
looks like some good fixes and features. should see some major performance improvements and zombie fixes!!! finally!!!
* [NEW] Infected raycast for line-of-sight less often (improves performance)
* [FIXED] Infected can see through terrain ( https://dev-heaven.net/issues/33787 )
* [FIXED] Raycasting being taken from wrong body position (ensured it is from eye level)
* [FIXED] Infected sometimes spawn close to a player (previous check once, now up to ten times)
* [NEW] Infected bodies will despawn after 5 minutes of their death (improves performance)
* [FIXED] Sometimes infected will stand still after loosing line-of-sight ( https://dev-heaven.net/issues/33715 )
* [FIXED] Can dupe tent's by right clicking (forgot to close the window)
* [FIXED] Poor performance caused by infected search behavior (MAJOR performance increase during closed testing)
* [FIXED] Audibility is far to high (completely rebalanced, in line with how it was in previous updates)
* [FIXED] Can dupe food during cooking if click really fast (now you cannot)
* [FIXED] Trying to pick up a hatchet would create fake ammo (now will not)
* [FIXED] Hatchet takes up too much room (can now be transferred between toolbelt and primary slot through gear action)
* [REVERT] Hatchet now collected as an Item (toolbelt) and can be equipped to primary (gear action)
* [NEW] Flashlights can now be packed to toolbelt also (gear action)
* [NEW] New players will spawn with flashlight added to their toolbelt not backpack
* [FIXED] Infected sometimes not inspecting thrown items (they will walk to the location of a noise, 20-40m away)
* [FIXED] Unlimited Infected spawning (now has a cooldown enabled so it won't spawn too many at once)
* [FIXED] Melee weapon sounds non-existent/terrible (now has placeholder sounds)
Getting into a server is quite difficult.. But they seem to be updating pretty quickly.
My van is still on a 1.7 server
It stinks they don't host the old files anymore. I did get into one 188.8.131.52 server for a little bit and it seems good. Ran through a town that easy rhino and I ran through last night and instead of having 30 zombies on our tail, I only had two after a while. Eye and ear indicators seem balanced now.
If i ever get a bus again everyone needs to get in and we can storm cherno!
Glad to hear they are updating this.. Gives me reason to download the new version.
I bet I have to like reinstall everything for the new updates or something.. Oh joy.. XD
EDIT: Ooh I just saw the sixupdater thing. Soo doing that..
Don't chya just love modern technology..
Where r yas? I'm trying to hop into a game. Could use some team work.
Be sure to DL the latest ArmAII beta patch. Extract it then run the .exe. When using Sixupdater go to options and tick the "Beta" checkbox. Servers fill up very quickly, it's tough to get into one. I'm in one right now and so far I'm very happy with this release.
Advanced swimming technique!
I knew it!
I played a little this morning, liking it so far.
I've made UK #31 my official server to play on. The admin is awesome and it seems the same players like to use it. I surprisingly get a good ping to that server. We need to team up! Whenever time permits anyways.
Any cheap deals on Arma II: OAH? Really want to try this game out.
Gamestop has it for ten bucks. http://www.google.com/search?q=ArmA....,cf.osb&fp=6d291ee22b7a8f44&biw=1680&bih=881
You do need ArmA II and ArmA II OA. If you don't have either you can get the combined operations pack on Steam for $30 bucks.
Dayz I fear imay be subject to the same fate of all Mod maps in Arma since Arma 1..
The game can't handle the coding and it fumbles all over it's self..
Servers already can't handle Dayz and the more comlex it becomes, the worse they will handle it.
After making Sahrani virus unleashed and Quarantine unleashed I think I have a pretty good idea of what I'm talking about.. Both of those mods were zombie maps for Arma 1. Both took servers to their knees..
At least they have save scripts though so you don't loose your info, so that's a plus when the server crashes..
Maybe Arma 3 will handle it better, fingers crossed.
The game needs more vehicles though, at least more things like bikes or 2 seater atv's, something..
Been walking for weeks and I've been all over the place.
Currency would be nice as well, maybe black markets dealers and vehicle sales..
I'd <3 to be able to shoot out of car windows and off the back of a bike...lol..
What makes it actually fun is finding people to team up with.
If you can do that and work together well, you can have a good time..
That is Dayz's saving grace imo..
I'm looking forward to updates. ^^
from what ive read the engine arma 2 uses is cpu intensive which accounts for the reason servers cost so much to run. so i wouldnt be surprised if in the end the crippling engine code makes the game buggy as balls.
they still need to fix zombies walking through closed doors and they need to add more working vehicles. oh, i and i wont team up with anyone i dont know. i "murdered" 3 people today as they were yelling at me they were friendly. sorry pal, but i am not friendly.
Gah, just got sniped by some coward in the middle of nowhere.
Lol.. Yea <3 that..
"Oh yea, I'm friendly".. BOOM!
Not me, no sir, I shoot first..lol..
the ironic thing is now that i have a bunch of loot and a wicked AKM i really dont get much stuff off of the people i kill. now i just do it as a survival instinct. i know im gonna get gunned down in the back one day.
also, so today i was stalking this one guy into a warehouse. i used my hatchet on him and hit him in the head 3 times before he fell. but he didnt die. the noise alerted the zeds which came running in and proceeded to eat him alive! he didnt die for 5 minutes as i took his stuff and walked away. lol i am evil!
Any better deals for both or 30 is the cheapest?
Well some douchefag killed me the other night because he could. I then managed to reclaim what I had lost elsewhere only for one Zed, one, to knock me the fuck out this morning and about then 30 eat me. I had 12000 blood & lost it almost instantly. I lost an AKS with 7 mags, my M16A2 with 3 mags & all the other gubbins.
However, this morning I got an AK-74 with a couple of mags & managed to get some food & drink. They're planning on bringing out 184.108.40.206 to fix the debug forest spawn at some point if people have issues with 220.127.116.11.
Separate names with a comma.