1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

DayZ (Mod for ARMA II: OAH) Clubhouse

Discussion in 'techPowerUp! Club Forum' started by erocker, May 21, 2012.

1. 1Kurgan1

1Kurgan1 The Knife in your Back

Thanks Received:
    Well Me and Ufgy just came across a hacker... We were checking out Electro to see if we could counter snipe. Right off the bat Ufgy spots zombies on a hill, I spot a sniper, I zero in my scope, pull the trigger and my guy puts down the gun and pulls out my damn 1911... I'm like shit, I got my AS50 back out and up just in time to realize the guy is looking right at me, I side step and fire a shot just to scare him and Ufgy drops him. I moved down to loot his coprse and sure enough he had a AS50 TWS as well, so I buried that body, not wanting others to really get a hold of that gun. Then I started getting shot at, first shot was inches from me, I took off sprinting an zagging. Guy must have been firing NATO's, he dropped 5 then I got behind a hill. I moved and tried looking west, didn't see anything, then I started getting shot at again, must have been down in town. I dodged all 5 bullets again and moved. Looked into town and seen someone wearing normal camo on a building. Right before I shot me and Ufgy both heard a shot close to us. I fired once and hit a branch, fired again and dropped the guy, not sure if this was theo ne firing at me, but he was in a good spot to be the guy. We looked for the person who shot before me and didn't find them.

Then I start moving back towards town and Ufgy calls calls out there is a Sniper right where we had just killed another one. He takes 2 shots, said they were direct hits (target was only 410m out and he had it zero'd into 400m), should be extremely easy shots. I didn't have sight of the target, so I rotated around then seen zombies running up the hill towards something. Ufgy confirmed they were running at the target, I still didn't have a line of sight, I could see the zombies feet under the bushes and where they stopped to hit this guy. I fired 3 NATO rounds through the bushes, unknown if they hit, but this guy wasn't moving, so odds are at least one did. Ufgy fired a few more times and called hits, then said he was a hacker and logged telling me to log. The guy moved into my sight, he was back pedaling with a pistol out shooting zombies while crouched. He killed the last zombie and started to loot it, in the absolute wide open with no cover. He was 450m away from me, I zero'd into 500 and was aiming at his waist line (since the bullets would go high). I pumped 4 directly into him, he didn't even stop looting, just sat their non-chalanty looting with no cover at all on any side. Ufgy is yelling at me to log, as dying to a hacker would suck. But I took those last 4 super easy shots, then he turned to look at me with his pistol out and I finally did leave. All in all, this guy at least ate 3 NATO rounds from my friend and 4 from me, and thats at least, at most possibly 10.

That is unacceptable, that time slot doesn't coordinate well with my lunar cycle.

Last edited: Aug 9, 2012
    Killer_Rubber_Ducky says thanks.
  2. bpgt64

bpgt64

Thanks Received:
    It doesn't help we have to reboot the server so frequently...

3. catnipkiller

catnipkiller

Thanks Received:
    Are cars working on your server yet?

4. bpgt64

bpgt64

Thanks Received:
    Yea, there here

5. catnipkiller

catnipkiller

Thanks Received:
    Im talking about erockers server i want to have a car on both servers.

6. Easy Rhino

Easy Rhino Linux Advocate

Thanks Received:
    erockers server runs smooth as butter and is always populated plus battle-eye works like a charm. im sticking to that one.

MxPhenom 216 says thanks.
  7. catnipkiller

catnipkiller

Thanks Received:
    But are the cars up yet i checked 3 spawns and nothing yet.

8. Easy Rhino

Easy Rhino Linux Advocate

Thanks Received:
    patience. there is more to the game than just driving around hording vehicles and duping weapons.

9. catnipkiller

catnipkiller

Thanks Received:
    I just want 1 car I dont try to find all the cars i just want 1-2 on a server.

10. 1Kurgan1

Thanks Received:
    Don't you lie to me!

MT Alex and MxPhenom 216 say thanks.
  11. MxPhenom 216

MxPhenom 216 Corsair Fanboy

Thanks Received:
    thats all DayZ is about. Hording stuff. Once you get a decent weapon. You don't have to worry to much about the zombies. More just try and survive from the other players and horde as much high value stuff you can.

I really hope I still have my M4A3. I haven't played for a few weeks.

1Kurgan1 says thanks.
  12. 1Kurgan1

Thanks Received:
    Honestly, pretty much true. Having a AS50 and a M4A1 CCO SD + Coyote Backpack, and a Ghille. There isn't much else. I was getting a bit bored on the current TPU server as I'm not much for sitting outside Chero, Electro, or NWA, I can't stand camping for very long. So am looking forward to going out looking for vehicles again. I enjoy just traveling across the map by vehicle and the thrill of stopping for gas, thinking someone could be near and have heard me.

MT Alex and Killer_Rubber_Ducky say thanks.
  13. erocker

erocker Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    I'm running pretty much the same setup only I have a DMR instead of the AS50. I've just been circling the map, waiting for vehicles to spawn. I figure that tonight, we should all go to vehicle spawn places at once and I'll give the server a couple restarts to see if anything happens. :D

14. bpgt64

bpgt64

Thanks Received:
    I am putting in for a cancellation of my server at the end of the month or sooner if they'll let me. I'll issue refunds to those who donated or put it to a new server if someone can find better hosting. I think alot of the problems are due to the fact that the server is hosted on window's.

15. brandonwh64

brandonwh64 Addicted to Bacon and StarCrunches!!!

Thanks Received:
    SHit. I guess I need to start moving stuff over!

Crunching for Team TPU
  16. bpgt64

bpgt64

Thanks Received:
    It'll take 24 hours to go into effect...atleast. I am trying to get them to let me keep it till the 29th of August. I am hesitant about renting after that, because frankly Guild Wars 2 is coming out at the end of the month, I am taking time off for that.

17. manofthem

manofthem

Thanks Received:
    You guys mind if I ask you all something: To play Day-Z, if I already have ARMA II Operation Arrowhead, is it ok to run with the ARMA II demo instead of the full game? OP says yes and Steam says you need the full game (which is why I'm asking)

Crunching for Team TPU
  18. erocker

Thanks Received:
    manofthem says thanks.
  19. manofthem

manofthem

Thanks Received:
    Crunching for Team TPU
  20. MT Alex

MT Alex

Thanks Received:
    Well, I'd like to extend a personal "Thank You" for stepping up and providing us with a TPU server when we really needed a server to play on. I know I've put in my share of hours on it.

As far as the problems are concerned, I find it odd that it started out so smooth, and then degraded. It makes me wonder if the new one won't end up in the same shape in a few weeks.

21. bpgt64

bpgt64

Thanks Received:
    Cough Windows...

Seriously I have been looking for hosts for ever that would do this via Linux. What I have basically concluded is you need a whole host of tweaks done at the OS level, combine with dual/quad core based system. Basically you need to rent a full server and set it up yourself...which is expensive(~70 bucks a month).

brandonwh64 says thanks.
  22. Mussels

Mussels Moderprator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    or just find a TPU member with a spare system and fiber internet?

23. brandonwh64

brandonwh64 Addicted to Bacon and StarCrunches!!!

Thanks Received:
    Ok my camp is setup on erockers server! I have 3x M4A1 Silenced CCO! with tons of food/soda along with 3x GPSes and other stuff we need.

Crunching for Team TPU
  24. Killer_Rubber_Ducky

Killer_Rubber_Ducky

Thanks Received:
    mine is setup too. pm me for details.

25. erocker

Thanks Received:

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 20, 2013