1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

DayZ (Mod for ARMA II: OAH) Clubhouse

Discussion in 'techPowerUp! Club Forum' started by erocker, May 21, 2012.

1. TheMailMan78

TheMailMan78 Big Member

Thanks Received:
    This makes me nervous about playing.
  2. Easy Rhino

Easy Rhino Linux Advocate

Thanks Received:
    how can you be nervous about playing when you don't play?
    cadaveca says thanks.
  3. cadaveca

cadaveca My name is Dave

Thanks Received:
    Man, you haven't even tried this game yet, have ya?

It's tottally worth putting a few hours at least into. F'ing ZOMBIES!!!

:laugh:
  4. TheMailMan78

TheMailMan78 Big Member

Thanks Received:
    Just seems like it will make my rig unstable. An unsupported mod that people script like crazy in so even if something bad were to happen there is no one to really fix it. You guys cant even get vehicles to stay in a server your paying for!
  5. Easy Rhino

Thanks Received:
    i vote mailman out of the clubhouse until he shows screenshots that he has actually purchased the game and PLAYED.
  6. TheMailMan78

TheMailMan78 Big Member

Thanks Received:
    I have the game. And since when do members of TPU have to provide proof of anything to talk about it. Its not like you have every piece of hardware or software you have commented about on TPU. I have every right to be here as much as you GOOD SIR.
  7. Easy Rhino

Thanks Received:
    you talk a lot and act very little. screenshots!
  8. TheMailMan78

TheMailMan78 Big Member

Thanks Received:
    I have to prove nothing.
  9. cadaveca

cadaveca My name is Dave

Thanks Received:
    The major cause of issues is that items you have stay with you no matter what server you log into.

This means that any time the central server has issues, you have issues. Hence the need to restart the server, so it can link back up with the main server.

With that centralized listing, when people are "hacking", it goes to the central server, then the local server, and not you. It's actually kinda cool that way.

At the same time, with the mod writers running the central server, they can catch all those that cheat, as it gboes through them. They let stuff go by, so they can capture it, and deal with hacks as they arise in realtime.

The game is largely based around resource gathering, so that's where the hacks revolve around, too, since they can be hard to come by. That's also why working as a team is so successful, too.
  10. TheMailMan78

TheMailMan78 Big Member

Thanks Received:
    Well thats cool. What about my personal PC? Reayth said he got done playing and Malwarebytes picked up an installer on his rig? THIS is what has me worried.
  11. Easy Rhino

Thanks Received:
    i find it funny you trolled TS when you didn't have the game and now that you do own the game you don't troll TS. :rolleyes:
  12. cadaveca

cadaveca My name is Dave

Thanks Received:
    Can't answer that, haven't had that happen. I got about 90 hours in before I stopped playing. Been a couple of weeks.
  13. TheMailMan78

TheMailMan78 Big Member

Thanks Received:
    I find it funny you come into TS and move to a channel and not talk to anyone.

Yeah I dunno. It has me worried. But you know Reayth. No telling. :laugh: However I do trust him so I'm kinda waiting a little while before I take the plunge.
    MxPhenom 216 says thanks.
  14. 1Kurgan1

1Kurgan1 The Knife in your Back

Thanks Received:
    Theres already one clubhouse I refuse to visit because of this crap. I come to clubhouses to talk with people who enjoy playing the game. Not those who haven't played it, or who have quit. If someones not playing or done playing a game, stop visiting the damn clubhouse, it ruins it for anyone else who is still enjoying the game.
  15. cadaveca

cadaveca My name is Dave

Thanks Received:
    I've quit playing because of shoulder surgery, and controller support sucks. Doesn't mean I won't come back, and the same goes for any game.

I hate reading complaints in threads about posts in a thread, when that's what moderators are for. If mods do nothing, you deal with it. :p
  16. MxPhenom 216

MxPhenom 216 Corsair Fanboy

Thanks Received:
    He hasn't been online TS at all lately because of health issues. He has had the game for the last month or 2 and even when he did have the game he trolled TS.

I got my big Java exploit right after I closed DayZ and got off for the night, and I haven't played since.
    Last edited: Aug 17, 2012
  17. TheMailMan78

TheMailMan78 Big Member

Thanks Received:
    Exactly. Something is up with it. I really wanna play the game but I can't risk it right now. To many things like what you just said seem to be coming up with DayZ. But that doesn't mean I can't talk about the game with who I thought were friendly people. When did we become such an elitist crowd on TPU?
  18. TheMailMan78

TheMailMan78 Big Member

Thanks Received:
    You see what you did Easy? Leave the trolling to the professionals.
    Easy Rhino says thanks.
  19. 1Kurgan1

1Kurgan1 The Knife in your Back

Thanks Received:
    And I hate reading complaints in threads about complaints in threads about complaints in threads. All we can hope for is that this chain of hate continues and something does get moderated. Because this threads been just about as OT as it gets for a page now, and half the posts are from someone who doesn't play the game.

I don't see the problem in wanting to actually discuss the game, rather than defend it (I tried defending a game before, but you were on the other side of the fence then, now you are me :p).
  20. Easy Rhino

Thanks Received:
    so who all has donated monies to erocker? i would like to see this server up at least until the end of the year.
  21. brandonwh64

brandonwh64 Addicted to Bacon and StarCrunches!!!

Thanks Received:
    I will try to donate again soon, I donated to BPGT64's server and then the TS so once I get a good pay check I will throw some toward erocker. I also think BPGT64 is trying to get a refund on his server he had.
    Crunching for Team TPU
  22. DEFEATEST

DEFEATEST

Thanks Received:
    Is it normal for a server to have all kinds of loot in cherno and elektro? Im not talking great weaponry, but I'll go into the general store and theres like 10 alice packs scattered around, empty but still nice pack. Also more coke and beans and stuff around. There seems to be a hatchet everywhere you look. Is this just server settings. Also is 4-10 fps that happens sometimes on a server me or the server? I usually get in the high 40's.
  23. erocker

erocker Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    I don't get the 4-10 fps thing, my FPS stays pretty constant with the exception of when my server restarts, then I'll get it once for a couple seconds.

As far as loot goes, there is no setting for it. Each loot spawn works like rolling dice, sometimes they all hit a good spawn and you have that. Sometimes, you'll get nothing.. maybe empty cans.
    Alabama Black Snake says thanks.
  24. MT Alex

MT Alex

Thanks Received:
    Malarky.

Bunch of slack jawed faggots around here. This game will turn you into a sexual tyrannosaurs, just like me.
  25. MxPhenom 216

MxPhenom 216 Corsair Fanboy

Thanks Received:
    Im going to play again, just Arma II and OA need to be reinstalled.