1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

DD-WRT for Linksys E1000?

Discussion in 'Networking & Security' started by hat, Dec 24, 2011.

1. hat

hat Maximum Overclocker

Thanks Received:
    I have a Linksys E1000 router, and I haven't really messed with anything in a while, so I figured I would try flashing it with DD-WRT. Problem is, when I go here and type Linksys E1000, I see results for v1.0 and v2.0, but nothing for v2.1, which is what I have. Does anyone have any experience with messing with an E1000 v2.1? I feel half tempted to just try flashing it with the 2.0 firmware, but that's probably a very bad idea and I really don't have the cash to spend on a new router.

Crunching for Team TPU
  2. JrRacinFan

JrRacinFan Served 5k and counting ...

Thanks Received:
    hat says thanks.
  3. hat

hat Maximum Overclocker

Thanks Received:
    Got the file, will read through the thread and try to flash tomorrow. If they made an official build, I wonder why it's not on their main page along with the 1.0 and 2.0...?

I don't need any advanced features, just looking for a slimmer, less clunky firmware I guess. I figure DD-WRT might give better performance than the stock firmware.

Crunching for Team TPU
  4. hat

hat Maximum Overclocker

Thanks Received:
    Alright, flashed a few hours ago and all looks good. I can even play with my wireless transmitter power level... too bad I don't have any wireless devices, or a dwelling large enough for that to matter if I did. ;/

Crunching for Team TPU