1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Dead Pixel on new flatscreen

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by gygabite, Mar 31, 2006.

1. gygabite

gygabite New Member

Thanks Received:
    Hi!
    Just got a 17'' TFT monitor, but when first plugging in, i noticed a green pixel which is not disappearing; i tried this "dead pixel fixer" but it still remained.Is there any way to get rid of it, or shall i sent it back and get a new one?
  2. Darksaber

Darksaber W1zzard's Sidekick Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Well,... I had an Acer LCD, and had 2 dead pixels. Acer would not exchange it. But as you live in Germany, you may make use ot the 2 weeks return policy (if you bought it over the internet). I suggest you do so. Dead pixels can be really annoying, and you can forget ever selling it for a good price...
  3. HookeyStreet

HookeyStreet Eat, sleep, game!

Thanks Received:
    Hi, are you its not just a 'stuck' pixel as they are different from dead pixels :confused: I had a red 'stuck' pixel on my brand new TFT monitor and fixed it myself :D What I did was make my desktop background the same colour as the stuck pixel (in your case green) and left the monitor on for a while and that cleared it up :pimp:
  4. trog100 New Member

Thanks Received:
    my acer 20 inch developed a stuck pixel.. stayed red wouldnt go balck after a couple of days use..

after about twenty minutes of running it went away till the next switch on.. after about five weeks of normal usage it cured itself altogether..

the moral here being that dodgy pixels dont always get worse.. sometimes they get better.. he he

they dont always exchange em for 1 dead pixel.. in fact they mostly dont.. if u send it back embelish the truth a little (tell lies) tell em u have lots of dead ones.. he he he.. they cant always check that easily..

trog
  5. bikr692002

bikr692002 New Member

Thanks Received:
    Push on the stuck pixil, that fixes it.
    With a lintfree rag so u dont scratch ur shuit
  6. W1zzard

W1zzard Administrator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    if it's new and from a retailer then you should return it .. you can ask the shop if they want to exchange it ... no matter what they say it's your customer right to return it within 14 days for any or no reason and get a full refund at no additional cost. if the item costs more than 30 € i think it was they even have to cover the shipping charges
  7. Jimmy 2004

Jimmy 2004 New Member

Thanks Received:
    Did W1zzard just double post??!!!

Edit: Ok, looks like he's deleted it. Or my browser was just messed up.
    Last edited: Apr 1, 2006
  8. OOTay

OOTay New Member

Thanks Received:
    just try to fix it at first trying everything that people said and if it doesnt go away in a few days just return it. And yes sometimes lieing gets you somewhere hehe...
  9. gygabite

gygabite New Member

Thanks Received:
    I think i'll give it back on monday, since nothing helped.But thanks for the tips!
  10. karolpl2004

karolpl2004

Thanks Received:
    that is a really good tip. its most likely going to work. i had my friend do this to about 3 pixels he had, and it worked perfectly. make sure monitor is off.
  11. drade

drade

Thanks Received:
    Is it true on a laptop that if you order from an online retailer in america that if it has less then about 9 dead pixels you cant return it? I was just looking at laptops on newegg, and thats what it said. i have never had a dead pixel before, but were do they usuaully show up