1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Dead Space 2 savegame

Discussion in 'Games' started by Spaceman Spiff, Jan 29, 2011.

1. Spaceman Spiff

Spaceman Spiff

Thanks Received:
    No Dead Space 2 thread on TPU huh? I guess I'm the only one who loved the first one.

Anyway, I'm trying to get a cleared savegame from any difficulty as this unlocks Hardcore mode as I refuse to play through DS2 on anything less than the hardest setting on my first playthrough.

Or an .ini or regedit hack/fix to unlock it.

Any help?

2. Jaffakeik

Jaffakeik

Thanks Received:
    I loved first one and thats why I bought second one and got it today installing it now,on PC.

Last edited: Jan 29, 2011
  3. Jaffakeik

Jaffakeik

Thanks Received:
    And why play on hardest,there would be point doing it on ps3 for trophies, but PC dont have such things.so I will just play on normal and thats good enought for me.

4. Spaceman Spiff

Spaceman Spiff

Thanks Received:
    Well for me, a survival/action (whatever you want to call it) horror games are supposed to be incredibly difficult, it heightens the experience. If they put a Hardcore mode in the game, there's a reason for it and I want the full experience the first time I play through it. I could not care less about achievements in any game. They are just superficial elements that try to keep people coming back which I think is a waste. If you make a good game, people will continue to play it, even without achievements.

I also only play at night, with headphones, by myself just cause its awesome!

5. scaminatrix

scaminatrix

Thanks Received:
    +1 for the playing on hardest thing, although I've always started on easiest and worked my way up for longevity ;)
    Crysis, Warhead, MW2, it's just no fun unless they're on a very hard setting IMO.

Have you got a save game from DS1? I take it you know about the plasma cutter thing?

6. Jaffakeik

Jaffakeik

Thanks Received:
    I dont like to play shooter games on hard modes, but games like castlevania lord of shadows i finished on hardest mode.

7. Spaceman Spiff

Spaceman Spiff

Thanks Received:
    Yeah I still have DS1 installed with clear saves on Hard and Impossible. Actually just finished up a new Impossible run last night in prep for DS2. :) So I think I get the DS1 Cutter for DS2, but I have yet to confirm.

Hadn't played DS1 in about a year. So fun.

But I will not start DS2 until I can play it on Hardcore and its dark outside.

8. TheMailMan78

TheMailMan78 Big Member

Thanks Received:
    Ill get it when its on sale. 59 bucks for a console port is a tough pill to swallow. Anyway does this one have better mouse controls then the last one? I don't use WSDA like most do.

9. DannibusX

DannibusX

Thanks Received:
    I loved DS1, but I never finished it. I just reinstalled it this week to play it before I commit to DS2.

10. Spaceman Spiff

Spaceman Spiff

Thanks Received:
    The default keyboard layout is the same as DS1 so its set up for WSAD but thats easy enough to change.

I checked for mouse control and yes, all the issues from the first game are resolved. Vsync on or off mouse control is precise and responsive. Unfortunately, if you enable Vsync in-game, framerate is locked at 30. So disable Vsync in-game and enable Vsync and Triple Buffering through D3DOverrider. This will allow Vsync and a solid 60FPS in game (depending on your rig). This also fixed the mouse issues in DS1.

So nobody has a cleared savegame?

Google is not resulting in anything yet.

11. scaminatrix

scaminatrix

Thanks Received:
    I had a google aswell, the sites all looked untrustworthy.
    If you have a completed savegame from DS1, you definitely qualify for the plasma cutter. You might just have to settle for playing on the hardest setting available without the savegame. At least you get to play it twice though :laugh:

12. lemode New Member

Thanks Received:
    I've already played through dead space 2, 4 times. I loved it each time!

13. Jaffakeik

Jaffakeik

Thanks Received:
    but hardcore gives you 3times save per game.its little bit too harsh.but if anyone could give me saves i would like to try how its to play on hardcore.i got feeling it will be harder than castlevania hardmode.

14. Spaceman Spiff

Spaceman Spiff

Thanks Received:
    @ lemode

On PC??

If so can you send me a cleared savegame so I can play HC tonight so I don't have to sit here with DS2 installed but refusing to touch it!?

@ Arciks

That's the point though. Did you ever play Resident Evil or RE2 back in the day? Those damn ink ribbons that not only limited saves but also took up inventory. You had to rationalize your moves, weigh the pros/cons, backtrack to items left behind and other puzzles. And when you did backtrack to a room that you thought was clear, some new enemy is there to scare the piss outta you. (REmake Crimson Heads anyone?) And when you died, you didn't have a "checkpoint", it took you to the title screen where you had to start a new game or load your last save.

That is true survival horror. Give me more of those games anyday. Linear, corridor, push-along shooters don't get me all hot and bothered like they used to.

15. Jaffakeik

Jaffakeik

Thanks Received:
    ye i have played all RE games. Like Diablo on hardcore if you die you die, i like such thing in rpg style games but never palayed horror games with it,i would like to try it tho,but than i need saves,because if i will start on normal lvl i will see game and next time i dont think it will be so interesting to play.And tru hardcore game was Doom on nightmare mode i couldnt even finish second stange :p.

16. Spaceman Spiff

Spaceman Spiff

Thanks Received:
    Same here. I don't want to know whats gonna happen by playing it through on Normal or Zealot. I want the most challenging first time run through.

http://game-download4u.com/dl1/"deadspace 2" "save file".html

How reliable does this site look? Its the closest I can find to what "may be" a save file. But no way in hell I got the balls to try that. Anyone heard of this site?

17. Jaffakeik

Jaffakeik

Thanks Received:
    I enjoyed hardes mode for castlevania lord of shadows latley so i guess i couls start play only hardest modes.i guess on pc its easer to play shooters , aiming is faster, so you can make yourself chalenging game.

18. Jaffakeik

Jaffakeik

Thanks Received:
    dont want to register it looks like paid services to download save file

19. kenkickr

kenkickr

Thanks Received:
    So far I have no issue at all playing through just so I can play again on hardest mode. Up to chapter 3 after an hour and loving every sec of it.

Crunching for Team TPU
  20. Jaffakeik

Jaffakeik

Thanks Received:
    i found save file for ds2 zealot mode ending as it says will see if its true
    it appiers the file is damaged and could be loaded so misslead again

21. Grnfinger

Grnfinger New Member

Thanks Received:
    Installed it this morning and so I must say its a lot of fun
    Only on chapter 3 but I'm on beer number 8 so its a bit of a trade off.

22. Jaffakeik

Jaffakeik

Thanks Received:
    Found save only for chapter 7 its working but its first playthru.

23. Spaceman Spiff

Spaceman Spiff

Thanks Received:
    No luck still on my end.

24. Grnfinger

Grnfinger New Member

Thanks Received:
    That's the work around for FLT release of the game...its not what he's after.

25. Spaceman Spiff

Spaceman Spiff

Thanks Received:
    Yeah. As far as I know, that only applies to the pirated version of the game.