1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Dead Space 3 console port

Discussion in 'Games' started by natr0n, Jan 29, 2013.

1. natr0n

natr0n

Thanks Received:
  2. Frag Maniac

Frag Maniac

Thanks Received:
    This is the same as saying, "We are choosing to cripple the PC version, otherwise a lot of people that own both PC and console would buy the PC version, esp since it's a simultaneous cross platform launch".

While I can understand this as a business decision, it leaves a sour taste in my mouth when he tries to excuse it as if a quality control issue. So what if PC gets more tesselation, resolution, etc.

The vast majority of console players play only on console because it's more simple and affordable, period. Making the game look noticeably better on PC isn't going to make those customers go out and buy a gaming PC for the handful of titles that look significantly better on one. We've earned the right to better looking games with our wallets.

This tends to stir up the old debate on whether it's a good idea to even have simultaneous PC releases. Wouldn't a lot of PC players rather wait 3-6 months if not more to get the full optimization PC is capable of? I'm not saying it always takes that much time to implement such features. It would mostly be a staggered launch for the purpose of maintaining console profits, like CAPCOM and others do.

Last edited: Jan 29, 2013
  3. Jaffakeik

Jaffakeik

Thanks Received:
    Ill buy it on PC anyway,because its cheaper that way,even it looks same as on consoles.

4. WhiteNoise

WhiteNoise

Thanks Received:
    I'm buying it on PC too. All the more reason to do so if you ask me.

5. Widjaja

Widjaja

Thanks Received:
    One of the games I am supposed to enjoy yet I have never played.
    Too many games, so little time.