1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Decision! Buy now or wait!

Discussion in 'AMD / ATI' started by HolyCow02, Mar 5, 2009.

?

Buy now or Later

  1. Buy now! Good deal!

    2 vote(s)
    15.4%
  2. Buy Later!

    11 vote(s)
    84.6%
  3. Get something else! (give options!)

    0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. HolyCow02

    HolyCow02 New Member

    Joined:
    Jun 8, 2008
    Messages:
    1,638 (0.72/day)
    Thanks Received:
    111
    Location:
    New York
    Hello Gents! I am in a conundrum! I don't know if I should buy now or later. For my AM3 build, which I am not going to complete until May/June, I am going to put in 2 Sapphire 4870 1GB's. Now here is the problem On TigerDirect, they are selling for $179 and on Newegg for $199 with free shipping and a $10 MIR (so $189 for each)

    My question is... do I buy now and just hold onto them, because my PSU doesn't have the rails or the output for both plus my CPU is bottlenecked by my current CPU, or should I wait and see if the prices continue to drop?!?
  2. jbunch07

    jbunch07 New Member

    Joined:
    Feb 22, 2008
    Messages:
    5,261 (2.22/day)
    Thanks Received:
    614
    Location:
    Chattanooga,TN
    My guess is that the prices will only drop...soon we will have the 4890 and then 5series so unless your just itching to buy one know and really need/want to then go ahead. but the prices are only going to get cheaper...might not be by much but they are certainly not going to get more expensive.
  3. h3llb3nd4

    h3llb3nd4 New Member

    Joined:
    Feb 15, 2009
    Messages:
    3,323 (1.65/day)
    Thanks Received:
    307
    Location:
    Durban, South Africa
    Buy Later!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  4. JrRacinFan

    JrRacinFan Served 5k and counting ...

    Joined:
    Mar 17, 2007
    Messages:
    19,414 (7.15/day)
    Thanks Received:
    4,483
    Location:
    Youngstown, OH
    I suggest you definitely wait, by that time their maybe something else that would catch your eye. Maybe even a couple GTX260's ;)

    EDIT:

    Ir heck, maybe even a pair of GTX280's :eek:
  5. MRCL

    MRCL

    Joined:
    May 31, 2008
    Messages:
    5,791 (2.55/day)
    Thanks Received:
    860
    Location:
    Switzerland, Heart of Europe
    Definately wait. In two to three months, everything can change. Especially with electronics. Hell I bought a 4850 for 270 bucks just to find out a week (!) later that there was a special offer, for 220 bucks... Gnarg.
  6. Silverel

    Silverel New Member

    Joined:
    Nov 14, 2007
    Messages:
    1,769 (0.72/day)
    Thanks Received:
    233
    Location:
    Detroit, MI
    Wait until you're ready to build. I got my 3850 early and ended up paying 50$ more than they cost at the time I had the build together.
  7. HolyCow02

    HolyCow02 New Member

    Joined:
    Jun 8, 2008
    Messages:
    1,638 (0.72/day)
    Thanks Received:
    111
    Location:
    New York
    thanks guys! appreciate the responses!

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guest)

Share This Page