1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Decisions to make

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by techbuzz, May 18, 2007.

1. techbuzz

techbuzz

Thanks Received:
    Ok, so my birthday is coming up next week and my parents are going to be giving me a gift certificate to newegg.com. I am having some trouble deciding what to buy with the gift certificate. I'm pretty sure it is going to be in the range of 250-300 dollars. I was thinking that I would purchase some more stuff for my current rig. Maybe a cool fan controller or whatever.

Now, I am kinda feeling like I want to build a C2D machine.

Here is a challenge for you guys:

Post components for a C2D machine that I would be able to game on. The price limit is 600.00. (Just case components...)

Thanks in advance! :rockout:

2. techbuzz

techbuzz

Thanks Received:
    Nevermind.

3. hat

hat Enthusiast

Thanks Received:
    6000+ is sufficient :p

Crunching for Team TPU More than 25k PPD
  4. trt740

trt740

Thanks Received:
    If your not going to overclock your new machine which you told me you don't overclock then keep what you have because a 6000+ matches a e6600 at stock and even beats a e6700 at stock in somethings. Also you mentioned your new at overclocking and don't know how. Intel chips are hard to learn on from what I'm told. Having said that I sent you several PM. l will teach you to overclock what you currently have or what you buy. My chip overclocked is a beast and it is super easy to do just up you frontside bus to 227 up your voltage on the your chip to 1.47 to 1.50v then change you HTT setting to 4 now your running at 3.4ghz a 16 percent increase in chip speed . Then we can get more complexed but with theses setting you don't need to mess with you ram timing or voltage.

Last edited: May 18, 2007
  5. DrunkenMafia

Thanks Received:
    man you got a pretty sweet machine, maybe you could buy another HDD and have a raid setup, that would speed things up a little, or you could get yourself a nice soundcard or get right out there and get a nice watercooling kit, its not as scary as it sounds.... most of em these days just bolt right in...

6. Tatty_One

Tatty_One Senior Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Damn, like Trt says, overclock that 6000 to 3.4Gig at least, I have offered to help you if you need help, get yerself another 8800GTS and run it in Sli and if need be, upgrade your PSU......TOP DRAWER system!