• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Deep Freeze, Windows Media Player and MP3 players

Spookie

Does anyone have Deep Freeze on their machine and use Windows Media Player to sync files to an MP3 player? I've tried it and continue to get an unknown error. Even when the computer is thawed I receive the same error. Only on computers where Deep Freeze has never been installed is this not a problem. :banghead:

Thanks for all of your help.

-Spook

System Name Compy 386
Processor 7800X3D
Motherboard Asus
Cooling Air for now.....
Memory 64 GB DDR5 6400Mhz
Video Card(s) 7900XTX 310 Merc
Storage Samsung 990 2TB, 2 SP 2TB SSDs and over 10TB spinning
Display(s) 56" Samsung 4K HDR
Audio Device(s) ATI HDMI
Mouse Logitech MX518
Keyboard Razer
Software A lot.
Benchmark Scores Its fast. Enough.
Does the error have to do with DRM? Or can you sync unprotected files?

I believe that windows-WMP applies a RNG key to media files to prevent unauthorised copying.

Spookie

The files are copyrighted books that are allowed to be downloaded and put on MP3 players; the DRM allow the books to have a 3 week time were they work. They are downloaded through the site NetLibrary; which states it will not give technical support for any problems dealing with its books. I'm not having any problems except on those computers where Deep Freeze has been loaded.

Thanks for your help,

Spook

Spookie

Just a follow up. It was found that the version of Deep Freeze was the problem. DeepFreeze v.5 hiders the syncing of devices through WMP, even when Deep Freeze is disengaged. Thank you for all of your help. I hope this will be of service to other users at another time.

Spook

Last edited: