1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Deep Sleep Problems

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by DanSandbergUCONN, Feb 6, 2008.

1. DanSandbergUCONN New Member

Thanks Received:
    I have an Inspiron 700m centrino mobile intel notebook running Fedora Core 8. I just came into possession of this computer and just installed FC. Two problems I am having that I can not explain follow. One, the computer seems to go to sleep when not being used and will not always wake up when the keyboard is pressed. However, sometimes it does wake up. Two, the wireless internet card does not pick up the wireless internet (my other notebooks, sitting right next to this one, pick up the internet just fine). Any suggestions on how to fix this or am I just dealing with an old computer?

2. Live OR Die

Live OR Die

Thanks Received:
    make sure all the drivers are installed and same os has a few problems like this with older computer

Last edited: Feb 6, 2008
    DanSandbergUCONN says thanks.
  3. Fox34

Fox34 New Member

Thanks Received:
    Linux and wireless is well a very hard battle for me at least. Open up your manager on FC and make sure your (proxy if needed) or just make it assign through DHCP. Basically just keep fiddling with the manager or hardware manager selecting the wireless card. And for the "going to sleep," Linux is a powerhouse for either suspending to RAM or suspending to hdd. Since your Laptop is predominantly a windows system, theres most likely conflicts. You should just disable is going to sleep and let it run then just shut it down when your not using it.

DanSandbergUCONN says thanks.