1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Deepcool Gamer Storm Assassin

Discussion in 'Reviews' started by crazyeyesreaper, Nov 1, 2013.

1. crazyeyesreaper

crazyeyesreaper Chief Broken Rig

Thanks Received:
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 1, 2013
    1c3d0g, natr0n and SKBARON say thanks.
  2. SKBARON

SKBARON

Thanks Received:
    Oh well, was happy about price/performance but the weight is killing any desire to purchase (shipping to where I live costs more than the cooler itself...). A good product nevertheless. Thanks for a great review :)

3. urza26

urza26

Thanks Received:
    If you dislike the colorscheme you can always opt for the Alpenföhn K2, which has black/grey fans.
    Neither of the two companies seem the mention it on their website, but DeepCool and Alpenföhn are basically the same brand.
    I think it is a similar set up as with Thermalright and Cogage a few years back.

4. natr0n

natr0n

Thanks Received:
    Thermalright and Cogage same brand as well. Just that Cogage was cheaper reissues(no nickel plating/thinner fins) of past Thermalright models.

5. entropy13

entropy13

Thanks Received:
    Not exactly.

DeepCool is the OEM, Alpenfohn is merely the European brand for DeepCool products.

In the same way that Logisys is the American brand for DeepCool products.

But DeepCool is neither Alpenfohn nor Logisys themselves.

Might as well say that Antec is the same as Delta simply because their PSUs are from Delta...

6. punani

punani

Thanks Received:
    Does it assassinate gamers in storms ? Or is it a gamer that assassinates storms ? Nono - it's a gamer that storms an assassin!

my point: silly name

7. badon New Member

Thanks Received:
    Ali in the FB might have something equally important to say about the silly name.

It's nice to see this cooler is very close to the be quiet! DARK ROCK PRO 2, and it's probably easier to buy. I'm going with the DRP2 for now, because it's the "ultimate", and I want to vote with my money for the company to make their products more easily available. I might eventually get a Deepcool Gamer Storm Assassin if I do another build, or if I need to replace the DRP2. Cooling is one thing that it's probably best not to try to save money on, because cooling is almost the same thing as performance.

Last edited: Jan 10, 2014