• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Default Mail Client

System Name Red and Black
Processor AMD 8320 8 core
Motherboard ASRock Fatallity 990 Killer
Cooling Raijintek Titan AIO Water Cooling
Memory 16 gig (2x8) ddr3 G-Skill Ripjaw
Video Card(s) XFX dd r9 280 radeon 3gig g ddr5
Storage 250 gig pny ssd
Case In - Win GRone Black
Audio Device(s) onboard 7.1
Power Supply EVGA 750 watt 80 gold full modular
Mouse Logitech M570
Keyboard Logitech K810
Software Windows 7 Professional
Benchmark Scores Never ran it
I had to Dban my desktop last week after a friend was on it while I was out of town. Now--when I use my main e-mail, and try to send a e-mail, I get this message --this can not be completed because the default mail client is not properly installed. Can anybody help or explain this to me ?? It's a new 1 on me !!

95Viper

Super Moderator
Staff member
Scenario 1

Possibly, whatever he/she used to access their email, that client asked if they wanted to make it default and you are not setup in that to send or receive email.

Look through your email client settings and make your default or, if, you are using Windows.
See here:
Change the default e‑mail program
and
How To Change Default Email Client

Or, you can try to re-install the email client/app.

Scenario 2

You are saying you had to Dban your desktop; I will assume you wiped your drive and re-installed the O/S and apps. If this is the case you will need to setup your email, again... make sure you have used the proper settings for your email provider (incoming and out going server addresses, ports, pop3, SMTP, SSL and security settings, passwords, log-ins, etc.).
If you overlook one little item, you may receive (or not) mail, but the server may reject your sent mail.

Goto the providers site and look instructions on setting up different email apps.

It would have helped, if, you would have stated what O/S, email client, and provider you are asking about.

Last edited: