1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Dell Intros UltraSharp U2412M Monitor for Businesses

Discussion in 'News' started by btarunr, Jul 25, 2011.

1. cadaveca

cadaveca My name is Dave

Thanks Received:
    I love the non-business-types post about a business class monitor, and how it's wrong. ;)

I'm in for at least one. To me, that's a decent price for LED/IPS.

2. n-ster

Thanks Received:
    not to mention a 1920x1200 LED IPS panel is very rare

3. cadaveca

cadaveca My name is Dave

Thanks Received:
    True enough. Options are pretty limited if ya want 16:10. Been kinda looking for new monitors anyway.

4. n-ster

Thanks Received:
    I heard LED isn't as good as CCFL for even backlighting and that affects the quality of the image... I wonder if that makes it counter-productive, the screen being an IPS?

5. Completely Bonkers New Member

Thanks Received:
    If they want "business class" then they should go for QXGA (2048×1536). This is do-able through DVI, and has much more "y" for reading pdfs etc. in the business environment. We love 4:3; only Hollywood worshipers like HD 16:9 formats. Watching video on the "business workstation" is not just out of scope but also naff.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Graphic_display_resolutions

6. AsRock

AsRock TPU addict

Thanks Received:
    Our laptop has a D port although it does have a HDMI too lol. And another system in our house has only a D port lol.

Not everyone can keep up to date as much as some people all so maybe some one has a system with only a D port on it and cannot afford a whole system all at once which they might buy the monitor 1st.

Anyways glad the matt look is comming back as i am totally sick of this glossy crap.

7. yogurt_21

yogurt_21

Thanks Received:
    servers, no server I've had come past my desk have anything other than a dsub connection. Granted this monitor is more for worstations, but being that dell's server market is a big deal, they won't be ditching dsub any time soon.

8. DEFEATEST

DEFEATEST

Thanks Received:
    I was lucky enough to pick up a used dell ultrasharp 30 inch 2560x1600 for 500 bucks, the guy wanted a mac. If this thing died on me today I would not eat because I would have to buy a new one. Its awesome. Ya response time is a little slow but it's worth it. Although you do need a decent vid card to run games at that res. My 5870 does a very admirable job at it.