1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

[WTB][US] Dell mini 10v chassis

Discussion in 'Buy/Sell/Trade/Giveaway Forum' started by mdnelson09, Aug 4, 2012.

1. mdnelson09

mdnelson09

Thanks Received:
    Hey everyone, long time no see!

The other day my friend gave me a box of random pc parts for my birthday and in the box was a extra dell mini 10v lcd (plastic, hinge, lcd, etc) and a motherboard.

Im looking for at least the bottom half of the netbook minus the motherboard (since i already have one). Im super tight on cash, but i would love to get this thing running. If anyone has any parts, or a full (possibly broken) one at the right price... pm me :D

Thanks for looking

2. theonedub

theonedub habe fidem

Thanks Received:
    I've got a shell for an Aspire One D250- if you think you can make it work let me know :D

Crunching for Team TPU
  3. mdnelson09

mdnelson09

Thanks Received:
    Ah i wish i could but i think the layout of the motherboard is completely different.

4. Kantastic

Kantastic

Thanks Received:
    Would this work for you? $20 ($30~ shipped) may be a little steep though for a hunk of plastic.

5. mdnelson09

mdnelson09

Thanks Received:
    Awesome! Thanks for the hit, but im missing the keyboard and top too but thats a start. I dont really have the spare cash to dish out for new parts. :(

6. theonedub

theonedub habe fidem

Thanks Received:
    Have a pic of the motherboard?

Scratch that, I think Kantastic's search skills have put me out of the running- great work, K.

Crunching for Team TPU
  7. Kantastic

Kantastic

Thanks Received:
  8. DM3K

DM3K

Thanks Received:
    You will probably also need the palmrest frame and touch pad.

frame $5.20
    touchpad $6.41

I was lazy and did not bother to double check compatibility so check that before ordering these.

With the cost of all these parts plus hdd, ram, battery, wifi card, and any other misc. proprietary part we didn't think of, it will probably be cheaper just to buy a used netbook off this forum or craigslist, then sell the lcd and mobo on ebay.
    I would also suggest converting it into a homebrew nettop, this would be a great machine to embed inside a coffee table or mount underneath a kitchen cabinet.

Last edited: Aug 4, 2012