1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Dell XPS

Discussion in 'Motherboards & Memory' started by BigD6997, May 11, 2006.

1. BigD6997

BigD6997 New Member

Thanks Received:
    ok well... my dad bought a dell xps 600 for resons that i cannot comprehend, i took a look at it and right away i knew dell gave him a lemon, the first time i turned it on it hung on the boot, it took 3 restats to finaly get the one lucky startup, (and 3 restarts was very small compared to the other 7-10 times i had to do it to turnt he computer on later), first thing i did was download cpu-z and look at what his ram was at cuz i thought this might be the problem w/the start up, sure enought the ram was underclocked to 133mhz (idk much about intel stuff and ddr2 but this still didnt seem right) the cpu/ram clock ratio is a 3:2... i think dell put the ram in the comp, saw that it was unstable and faulty then underclocked it to make it more stable (still getting crashes) so they wouldnt loose money.... anyone else think the samme? damn dell:banghead: !

edit* and when i try to go into the bootsetup/bios screen it just freezes and i have to restart it
    Last edited: May 11, 2006
  2. DR.Death

DR.Death New Member

Thanks Received:
    lol what to do with it .... pit it in the trash and build one
  3. BigD6997

BigD6997 New Member

Thanks Received:
    yeah i offered to build my dad a computer but he does think it wont be reliable.... haha.lol..... i think its still in the 30 days he can return it! i think he should trash it... but i dont think he will, but does anyone else think its the ram? he wants a dell "technition" to look at it, but he wont do anything