1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Deus Ex: Human Revolution - out Feb 11

Discussion in 'Games' started by qubit, Dec 6, 2010.

1. RejZoR

RejZoR

Thanks Received:
    Actually killing alone is rather easy. You just place yourself in a good position and kill one. Then all the others will follow and you just pop their heads one after another.

Doing it silently without triggering a single even suspicious trigger is a bit more challenging. I was often staring at the guards movement for several seconds or maybe even minutes. Then i went for a kill, dragged the body out of the view of others, disabled cameras by hacking systems and cleaning some more. Sometimes (most of the time) i just sneak past. It takes much longer but at least for me this just feels more interesting.

2. The_Ish

The_Ish New Member

Thanks Received:
    That's not my point. My point is there aren't any tranq darts for crossbow, *because* you've got a tranq rifle. And to be honest, it's many times much easier just to sneak by everything than knock everything unconscious.

3. eidairaman1

eidairaman1

Thanks Received:
    diff styles of play n if ur in a tight spot where u have to take someone down then that be it, i recall in the original DX that u could carry personnel so u dont leave a trace

4. RejZoR

RejZoR

Thanks Received:
    Apart from the pool of blood :D You can still move corpses in DX:HR. Clicking interact button checks their pockets, holding that button while aiming at them will grab them so you can drag the corpse where ever you want it.

5. F1reFly

F1reFly New Member

Thanks Received:
    i still havnt been able to play much of it. it crashes to desktop constantly. latest patch, latest drivvers. f'it, i give up.

6. eidairaman1

eidairaman1

Thanks Received:
    uneven amt of ram or back your overclock off on CPU and Vid Card

7. fenurch

fenurch

Thanks Received:
    I have never played any of the Deus Ex games (not entirely sure why but anyway). Now I've got all 3. In what order should I play them for maximum orgasm?

8. 1Kurgan1

1Kurgan1 The Knife in your Back

Thanks Received:
    All matters if you can be happy with playing the older titles. 1 is extremely good, 2 is ok. You can update them to DX11 (will not improve graphics, just lighting). But if you can't enjoy the game with the dated graphics, might as well move onto 3.

9. The_Ish

The_Ish New Member

Thanks Received:
    I've got no clue what you're on about mate.. :wtf:

10. Bjorn_Of_Iceland

Bjorn_Of_Iceland

Thanks Received:
    Lol yeah.. a week ago. Times fun when your having flies

11. fenurch

fenurch

Thanks Received:
    I actually meant more as in sense of storyline.
    I would not go out and buy all the Deus Ex if the graphics bothered me :D

12. RejZoR

RejZoR

Thanks Received:
    For me it's like this:

DX = Excellent
    DX:IW = Ok
    DX:HR = Excellent

13. Frick

Frick Fishfaced Nincompoop

Thanks Received:
    First the first, then the second, then the third. The Shifter mod for the first game makes it a bit better (imo), but the original is still awesome.

Fun story: I actually played IW first and thought it was an ok game. Then I played the first game in 2005 and it was still awesome. I still play it like once a year and everytime I get excited because the game is still that good.

Now I just have to upgrade my graphic card so I can play the last game. :(

14. grunt_408

grunt_408

Thanks Received:
    Been playing this , Just made it into china. Great game so far and it works well out of the box with eyefinity :)

15. RejZoR

RejZoR

Thanks Received:
    I also arrived in China yesterday. It's a similar atmosphere as Hong Kong in the first one. Just breathtaking. I'm a bit lost but i just picked some place (Alice's Pods) and started exploring and hacking stuff.

16. Bjorn_Of_Iceland

Bjorn_Of_Iceland

Thanks Received:
    The Shanghai level is the best imo. You can really feel the atmosphere.. Youd witness the thin line between the rich and the poorest of poor.. I was even at a point where I was sympathizing for the people living in those tiny box :D.

17. digibucc

digibucc

Thanks Received:
    i know! and i was thinking, with population increase this is NOT an unbelievable future!

18. eidairaman1

eidairaman1

Thanks Received:
    Play the Brand New One First since that is a prequel, then play the original, then play DX IW

19. 1Kurgan1

1Kurgan1 The Knife in your Back

Thanks Received:
    I guess the guy above says its a prequel so it's best to start with. Either way, if it is or isn't, the start of the game explains your character, the world, and whats happening. You wouldn't need any more info before it starts for it to make sense. It's been a long time since a Deus Ex and it was only on PC before, so in order for it to be successful they had to do that so all the people who never even heard of it before wouldn't be lost.

20. digibucc

digibucc

Thanks Received:
    it is a prequel, but it is set far enough before that it's really like an origin story - though for the gameworld, not a character.

21. Riotpump

Riotpump New Member

Thanks Received:
    Cosign with the above. It sets up the atmosphere of the original perfectly.

digibucc says thanks.
  22. qubit

qubit Overclocked quantum bit

Thanks Received:
    Makes me glad that I never played the original game. I've now got both, so I'll play Human Revolution, then that one, which will be in the right order. :D

23. the54thvoid

the54thvoid

Thanks Received:
    Just finished it and saved before making end choice(s). Of the 'X' choices available it's really quite grey - no black and white. I reloaded and did them all out of curiosity :)

What is cool is the naration at the end reflects the style of play you chose (I mostly incapacitated using stun gun the majority of the time) - so no matter what ending it kinda molds your style into the outcome. Very nice indeed.

And the value of the game is in it's re-playability - which I'll start again tonight - so it's probably one of the best titles I've played in years. I want to complete it now by killing nobody except the ones that die in cutscenes.

I would play the first two again but I like good gfx and story so they'd be a bit poo after this glamour fest.

24. digibucc

digibucc

Thanks Received:
    "most of the time, didn't i try to consider the consequences of my actions, and not abuse resources to accomplish my goal?"

:) i did like that customized narration a lot, and i liked the different endings (sides of the argument if you will)

25. BumbleBee

BumbleBee

Thanks Received:
    Missing Link DLC trailer

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 20, 2013
    digibucc says thanks.