1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Deus Ex: Human Revolution - out Feb 11

Discussion in 'Games' started by qubit, Dec 6, 2010.

1. digibucc

digibucc

Thanks Received:
    have been playing more, still not into augmenting anything but by the looks of it that will be bountiful. as riot said story is good, voiceacting is good, graphics are good down to decent in a few places, but overall i am enjoying it a lot.

choices matter, "(dialogue options) and what rooms your enter for example (i was told to stay out of the ladies room, 5 or so minutes afterward by a security officer in another room)
    controls seem pretty solid. except it seems to be made for console, controller, mouse control is a little off as can be with such games.
    not as many inconsequential things to react to, which is fine - but not much environmental reaction at all, which is a little disappointing. still, i like it.
    note, npc friendlys can turn on you. accidentally hitting a friendly cop with a box will cause him to attack you...

i think it's good. i will update as i get farther and augment. as for worth the price, idk value for enjoyment in your opinion, but imo i think i have a quality game finally after months of nothing being released. :)
  2. eidairaman1

eidairaman1

Thanks Received:
    The Ladies Restroom? I remember that from the First One, I think I got Reprimanded by JCs boss at Unatco LOL
  3. digibucc

digibucc

Thanks Received:
    lol it was just me not paying attention, i swear!
  4. KieranD

KieranD

Thanks Received:
    Awesome FPS, got lots to do in this one and i like the sneaking about choosing where you go. Need to buy this ive been waiting for a decent FPS for a while now.

Looks are okay i would say they are not jaw dropping but do the job nicely. I didn't notice the yellow when i saw the game.
  5. BumbleBee

BumbleBee

Thanks Received:
  6. qubit

qubit Overclocked quantum bit

Thanks Received:
    Ok people, I've preordered it! :D Got the Augmented Edition, of course.
  7. Riotpump

Riotpump New Member

Thanks Received:
    Hey Digi I understand....There is some good reading material in the ladies room ;p
  8. WhiteNoise

WhiteNoise

Thanks Received:
    Picked this up for the PC on my way home from work yesterday. This was my first go with this game and I have not even visited their website, watched trailers or looked at screens. That said I'm pretty impressed with this game. TBF it reminds me of Mass Effect in many ways. If someone told me this was made by Bio-Ware I'd think it was an off shoot of the mass Effect series.

Now I still own the original Deus EX and played it back when it first released and I'm not saying this game is a ME clone or anything. It's just they are so much a like. Different settings but whatever. Even the music is a lot alike. The entire beginning of the game all i could think of was Mass Effect.

Anyways; the story so far is awesome. Visually it's very clean and pleasing on the eyes. Voice acting is top notch and gameplay is a lot of fun. I'm only a few hours in but I can already tell this is going to be on my favorites list.

My couple complaints would be the somewhat long load times and the low res cut scenes but I figure thats due to it being a console game too.

I wanted to install this game on my SSD but it attached itself to my Steam account and installed on my Velociraptor instead. Oh well. My load times are better than some other's I've read about but if it was on my SSD it would be hella faster.
  9. digibucc

digibucc

Thanks Received:
    agreed on the complaints and positive thoughts... but i do not see mass effect at all. not a single thing about it made me think of mass effect in fact, i just kept thinking: this really IS a new deus ex :)
  10. ShogoXT

ShogoXT New Member

Thanks Received:
    What font do the Purists use when typing documents?

Sans-sarif.

Not my joke.
    Bjorn_Of_Iceland says thanks.
  11. WhiteNoise

WhiteNoise

Thanks Received:
    Well it's just my opinion. But I've played a lot of ME 1 & 2 and this game totally reminds me of it. But IMO thats a good thing because I absolutely love the ME series.
    digibucc says thanks.
  12. 2DividedbyZero New Member

Thanks Received:
    Use Steammover, simples!

http://www.traynier.com/software/steammover
    WhiteNoise says thanks.
  13. WhiteNoise

WhiteNoise

Thanks Received:
    Thats a fantastic little program if it works well. I'll try it out.
  14. erocker

erocker Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    For those of you using CF setups, don't bother with the latest "Deus Ex" app. profile. Makes things worse! I'm loving the game so far and am currently stuck at a very difficult spot. I had to sleep.
    digibucc says thanks.
  15. digibucc

digibucc

Thanks Received:
    same happened to me :(
  16. Jansku07 New Member

Thanks Received:
    For those suffering from mouse smoothing:

A) Turn off V-sync
    B) Turn the mouse Y-sensitivity to 2-4 times the X-sensitivity.
  17. eidairaman1

eidairaman1

Thanks Received:
    Sometimes Sleeping will Help You Figure it out
  18. erocker

erocker Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Oh I did.. I know what to do now. Everyone's going to die! No stealth bull in this part of the game for me. :laugh:
  19. KieranD

KieranD

Thanks Received:
    The graphics remind me of the Mass Effect style but that's it really. I like how you can go up against a wall like Rainbow 6 Vegas style.
  20. xenocide

xenocide

Thanks Received:
    I have been having a ton of fun with this game. One of the best purchases I've made in years...
  21. eidairaman1

eidairaman1

Thanks Received:
    thats the one thing i Loved about the DX games, I could use Stealth n KOs or I could Kill
  22. dir_d

dir_d

Thanks Received:
    Weird i installed the 11.8 CAPS2 and it made everything better. using 95% of both GPUs and averaging 120 fps with everything as high as i could get it.
  23. eidairaman1

eidairaman1

Thanks Received:
    thats good then
  24. happita

happita

Thanks Received:
    Wow, I was expecting this game not to be as good as people were saying. I guess they kept the development team the same the whole way through and didn't mix things up when they acquired Square/Enix. Still though, I wished multiplayer would've made it in this game. Would have made this game even more worth the money.
  25. digibucc

digibucc

Thanks Received:
    really though. after so long and the acquisition and all, i was not expecting much. i am very pleasantly surprised :)