1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Deus Ex: Human Revolution - out Feb 11

Discussion in 'Games' started by qubit, Dec 6, 2010.

1. Bjorn_Of_Iceland

Bjorn_Of_Iceland

Thanks Received:
    Finished it as well yesterday. Had a blast. I suggest finishing through the ending credits (after finishing the game, not in the menu) for a surprise ;).

Basically waltz through the whole thing in normal difficulty with a silenced armor piercing 10mm headshots, explosive round revolver for crowd control and an RPG for the bosses. Pump up the armor upgrade, typhoon system and your all set. Still had plenty of spare ammo in the bag after the end boss :p
    Last edited: Aug 31, 2011
  2. digibucc

digibucc

Thanks Received:
    silenced, laser, ammo, armor piercing, 10mm.
    crossbow
    tranq gun
    silenced, laser, damage, combat rifle

I use a lot of sneak attacks, if i set off an alarm i did it wrong. no explosions, no rpg.

deus ex difficulty.
  3. The_Ish

The_Ish New Member

Thanks Received:
    He pretty much kills himself by throwing grenades.. I've done the game for "foxiest of the hounds" on the hardest setting. Just sit on the top of the boxes on the inside corner in the room farthest from where you start. He get's real close and starts chucking grenades. He'll wander off to the other side, so jump out and shoot as much as you can before jumping back on the box again and have him slowly killing himself with grenades again.
    I think i fired maybe 30 rounds on him with the combat rifle..
  4. random

random

Thanks Received:
    I wanted to do stealth at first but then just realized it wasn't me :laugh:. I am approaching it using mobility and assault tactics. So naturally I have all the inventory slots unlocked and level 5 hack.

silenced combat rifle, revolver + both have laser sights and damage/ammo clip ups
    sniper rifle and tranq + tracking and damage ups
    stun gun

Got the jump&stun upgrades and dermal armor

So I pretty much do surprise attacks and try to ambush them or hit and run if there are high enough places to stun a group or I also have the option to go to an unreachable/undetectable height and snipe. Bitch tactics woop woop :)
    digibucc says thanks.
  5. Bjorn_Of_Iceland

Bjorn_Of_Iceland

Thanks Received:
    You can turn the object highlight and reticle in the gameplay option. It doesnt affect 'Legend' achievement even if you turned it on.
  6. RejZoR

RejZoR

Thanks Received:
    I disable these stupid helpers the very moment i install the game. Usualyl when i go through the first time settings. I mean what's the point of these helpers if you just have to follow the glowing shiny things. It's degenerating for the brain. I prefer listening to the clues and plain and simply exploring the world. It's harder indeed but also much more rewarding because you did it on your own and not because the game pointed it in your face. I did the same with all BioShock games and also in Mirror's Edge. Chasing red marked objects to climb over is easy. But picking the right surface in the heat of the battle without helper objects is so much better. And i don't remember dying a lot. Usually i was chasing the proper ledge but my timing was not right so i fell off. It's just better to play without them if you ask me. But then again i play games on PC, not on butter fingered consoles...
  7. random

random

Thanks Received:
    All of the helpers including your crosshair reticles are automatically disabled in deus ex mode. And I agree with you, it is like playing a game like zelda with all the secrets highlighted in green.
  8. HookeyStreet

HookeyStreet Eat, sleep, game!

Thanks Received:
    LOL, I used to do that with the Fighting Fantasy books ;)
  9. Ahhzz

Ahhzz

Thanks Received:
    :roll: OMG I've still got about 25 of those, including the first one, Firetop Mountain! :) Those books were awesome!! I missed a chance to get Steve to autograph mine a couple years ago when he was out here for a con :(
    Last edited: Sep 1, 2011
    HookeyStreet says thanks.
  10. 1Kurgan1

1Kurgan1 The Knife in your Back

Thanks Received:
    It's always what I did with the D&D books. I would usually read out my death though, then continue my story :p
    HookeyStreet says thanks.
  11. arrowslinger New Member

Thanks Received:
    I want to play it but the stutter when turning is horrible, does the same on my e8400 + HD 5870 desktop:confused:
  12. digibucc

digibucc

Thanks Received:
    no stutter here... ?
  13. random

random

Thanks Received:
    try turning off SSAO or DoF
  14. silkstone

silkstone

Thanks Received:
    I get a terrible stutter when turning even though it runs at a decent frame rate. I've tried different combinations of settings but nothing fixes it. One other downside is it feels very much like a console port.

It's a decent game, even with the stutter, and you stop noticing after a while.
  15. eidairaman1

eidairaman1

Thanks Received:
    Stutters can come from overclocking too
  16. Raijian

Raijian New Member

Thanks Received:
    I get a stutter when running, but only when in the streets. It's every second or so.
  17. hellrazor

hellrazor

Thanks Received:
    I get a stutter, but I'm pretty sure it's just Windows 7...
  18. purecain

purecain

Thanks Received:
    can not stop playing.....
  19. digibucc

digibucc

Thanks Received:
    yeah i put some hours in today.

i tend to take my time though, i retry until i'm happy with how i did, i try alternate routes, i read the things i find (most of the time ;) )....
  20. RejZoR

RejZoR

Thanks Received:
    Yeah it's a bit annoying. It feels like i'm plaing with a crappy PC. Though while not running in the same locations, it feels like 100fps when just looking around...
  21. HookeyStreet

HookeyStreet Eat, sleep, game!

Thanks Received:
    [​IMG]
  22. F1reFly

F1reFly New Member

Thanks Received:
    This game keeps crashing on me. constantly, sometimes i get to play a few seconds to maybe 10 or so minutes. WTF!!
    I've had it since release day and still unplayable...any solutions?

specs:
    w7 x64 new install
    3 gigs ddr3
    580gtx
    quad core amd
    latest WHQL nvidia driver.

i got the steam augmented version btw.
  23. BumbleBee

BumbleBee

Thanks Received:
    Missing Link DLC to be announced September 8th

The Deus Ex: Human Revolution conspiracy grows deeper in The Missing Link. During lead character Adam Jensen's quest for the truth in Deus Ex: Human Revolution, he mysteriously vanishes for three days. Where was he? What did he find out? The Missing Link reveals it all.

"We are very excited for Deus Ex: Human Revolution fans to be able to complete Adam's journey in the game with The Missing Link DLC," said David Anfossi, producer of Deus Ex: Human Revolution at Eidos-Montreal. "Gamers will be able to experience a vulnerable side of Adam like never before, which gives the overall game a whole new dimension. The Missing Link propels players into compelling gameplay, beginning with Adam being stripped of his use of augmentations, new, visually stunning environments and the continuation of Deus Ex: Human Revolution's conspiracy rich story."

After being tortured by Belltower agents and having his augmentations disabled, Adam Jensen must rely solely on his basic capabilities to escape from a freighter, destined for an unknown location. While fighting for his survival on the ship, he uncovers another layer to the conspiracy that he never would have suspected. As Adam, gamers will befriend new, mysterious allies and fight ruthless enemies to discover what was happening in the shadows during the events of Deus Ex: Human Revolution!
  24. random

random

Thanks Received:
    Wow sounds like quite a decent sized DLC ... I finished it once and I am going with my second playthrough ><
  25. AphexDreamer

AphexDreamer

Thanks Received:
    Have stutter issue here as well. Mostly when running in the streets for some odd reason.

I also find the convoluted paths annoying.

For instance I'd like to do this side quest but can't since the only way (Obvious at least) to get there is covered with electric water and I can't get across...

And other times I find my self having to go through the police station just to get to the other side... It was worse before the loading fix patch but still kind of annoys me.

Just my 2 cents, game is still pretty good, but doesn't really wow me.