1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Devil May Cry 4 demo.

Discussion in 'Games' started by sneekypeet, Jun 7, 2008.

1. sneekypeet

sneekypeet Unpaid Babysitter Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Searching for a new "something" to play I ran across the demo for Devil May Cry 4. I have only downloaded it and have yet to install, but the video demos look fantastic.

I found it at gamershell.com

Hope it plays as well as the demos look!:toast:

2. Jarman New Member

Thanks Received:
    i have it for 360..its good, but repetetive

3. Megasty New Member

Thanks Received:
    about time this came out for pc...but it is just as repetitive as the anime on the 360.

4. sneekypeet

sneekypeet Unpaid Babysitter Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Im installing now...there is a bench for it as well. I will need to dig that out and post some screenies shortly!

Also plays in DX9 or DX10! Looks to play with a keyboard and a gamepad as well!

DX9 bench no AA/AF:
    [​IMG]

I tried getting a ss of DX10 with printscreen and it comes out all black. I will try TPU capture and Fraps to see if I can get a DX10 shot. From what Ive gotten so far, at the same shot as DX9 I was running around 92FPS.

Last edited: Jun 7, 2008
  5. Megasty New Member

Thanks Received:
    Man, I was getting 200+ fps on DX10 1920x1200 - everything maxed out. Capcom looks like they have a winner here - but Dante is strong as hell anyway :p

6. CDdude55

CDdude55 Crazy 4 TPU!!!

Thanks Received:
    i was getting 60FPS on my C2D E4400 at 1440x900. This game is very optimized.

7. Kei

Kei

Thanks Received:
    I've got the demo on both PC and 360 and my brother owns the 360 full version (I didn't buy it yet)...I'm SHOCKED how well they optimized this game especially in DX10 mode.

I got him to play tonight while I watched the FPS in FRAPS just to see how well it'd run with some bells and whistles on and well........

My fps was still 119fps avg with the low only being 113fps with 32xAA, 16xAF, adaptive AA enabled on max (both multi and super sampling), triple buffering, etc.!!!!!!!!!!!!! The resolution was 1360*768 which is native for my 32" monitor and it is even MORE beautiful than the 360 version...we had to play the 360 version immediately afterward just to see the difference and while the 360 version is gorgeous this is just unbelievable! Same monitor of course to keep it fair and my PC is only hooked up using DVI-->VGA connector the 360 is using HDMI. For some reason I can't get the HDMI to work w/the pc I believe because of the adapter messing up the signal (heard that a few times).

I'm buying this game for sure and I'm glad I waited because it's 1000000% worth it...I'm still shocked by how well it runs...and YES I did say 32xAA

Btw...I was only running 2 cores on my Phenom at the time (using my low power mode) and the cards were clocked to 850/1242Mhz so I wasn't near my max setting. Hope that helps others who are using Dual core with lower settings than I. I believe that even 2.1Ghz will probably run this game very well!

K

8. Kei

Kei

Thanks Received:
    Oh yea, I even took a movie using FRAPS while he was playing and the fps dropped down to 30fps which is STILL more than playable as that's normal for a game anyway. :D I'm extremely impressed...I bet if I was at max settings it'd be even higher when doing a movie...

K