1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

DFI Lanparty LT p35 wont boot

Discussion in 'Motherboards & Memory' started by eotizzle, Jun 5, 2008.

1. eotizzle New Member

Thanks Received:
    got my new motherboard today hooked everything up and i get the fans to light up and spin and thats about it.
    Im using 2x1gb sticks of ram a q6600 and a 9600GT
    ive tried using just one stick of ram, putting the ram in diffrent spots, tried using an older socket 775 3.2 celeron and no matter what i do it wont even post. it turns on, the fans light up and spin and then it shuts off. and it repeats the loop.
    power supply isnt dead, and its not that the bios doesnt support my processor as ive switched it to an older proc and still no luck.

2. eotizzle New Member

Thanks Received:
    bump

3. sneekypeet

sneekypeet Unpaid Babysitter Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    OK, I have a few for ya to try.

First what CPU other than the celery are you trying to boot....also some older celery's wont boot on the P35 due to a lack of older 800FSB CPU codes. Any FSB less than 800 is a no go too.

First I reccomend the other (?) CPU, and 1 stick or ram and a graphics card.

Move the CMOS jumper to pins 2-3 and remove the battery for ten minutes, then replace battery , and replace CMOS jumper to pins 1-2.

You say there is the fans and then a shutdown....this is normal. I have 1 Blood Iron that shuts off once and then boots straight away. The other I have does the loop 4 times and then eventually boots.

I hope this helps...The CPU could be an issue if its too new , and possibly requires a BIOS flash. Lets cross that bridge if we have to though!

4. JrRacinFan

JrRacinFan Served 5k and counting ...

Thanks Received:
    About the Celeron, what's it's S spec number? 351? Are you attempting to run this out of the case?

5. eotizzle New Member

Thanks Received:
    im not sure on the celeron but i know ive had it for quite some time (at least a year)
    ive tried resetting the cmos but ill try moving it and removing the battry now.

also ive tried using diffrent pci-e slots for my video card and nothing still, im about to go try just an old pci 5500

6. JrRacinFan

Thanks Received:
    Yup the celeron is incompatible, I guarantee it. So, if you need to bios flash to support new procs (which I highly doubt) you will probably need to purchase like a Celeron 430.

7. sneekypeet

Thanks Received:
    I think the one I had ( was naked ) is /was a 352(?), AthlonX2 sent it to me to try in another mobo, never did boot that CPU...lol

@ Eotizzle...do you have a case speaker or mobo speaker attatched?

Also that Q6600 should have no need for a BIOS flash to opperate!

8. JrRacinFan

Thanks Received:
    Yeah, but I can guarantee him that the board will support q6600 out of the box. Are you postitive you have everything connected in their proper places? And what power supply is it?

9. sneekypeet

Thanks Received:
    I still say build it as I suggested...even out of the case....just the mobo/CPU/1 stick of ram/GPU.

See if you can get it to BIOS at all without HDD or DVD interfearance. Less load on the PSU as well.

10. eotizzle New Member

Thanks Received:
    okay so good news and bad news

i threw in that pci card and removed my 9600 and it boots and posts with the q6600

(note: i did try it with the celeron and it still wouldnt post but i put the q6600 in and it did, so celeron was not compatable is my assumption)

I have both sticks of ram in and everything hooked up, posts and whatnot (no OS installed yet but..)

now my concern is why isnt my 9600 working with my board?

11. JrRacinFan

Thanks Received:
    My most common guess is that it's the power supply does not have enough amperage on it's 12v rail. You need to give us the specs off the label or the make/model to confirm.

12. sneekypeet

Thanks Received:
    It should...you were sure to hook up the power to the card...maybe it wasnt seated correctly?

I cant say there is a compatability issue, unless as Jr was asking the PSU ?

The card could have issues, but at least now you can rule out alot of other things with a booted system!

13. Paulieg

Paulieg The Mad Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    eotizzle, could you please fill out your system specs? What kind of psu are you using? If you're using something generic with a p35/Q6600/9600gt, you're just asking for issues.

14. eotizzle New Member

Thanks Received:
  15. JrRacinFan

Thanks Received:
    Did you remember to connect the 6 pin PCIe 12v power to the vid card? Kind of obvious I know but asking . . .

16. Solaris17

Solaris17 Creator Solaris Utility DVD

Thanks Received:
    put pci car back into rig

set default video out put to pci-e

plug 9600GT in you mave to make sure its secire i had this prob once or twice the cards or kinda heavy so if you dont put it in just right they wont have a good connection

plug the 6pin into the back of the card on some of the cards you need to do this firmly.

if you dont have a dedicated 6pin line and are using a 6 pin to dual molex converter make sure that each molex connector is connected to a diffirent 12v rail.

try switching pci-e slots if you have more than 1