• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

DFI LanParty NF4 Bios & Tools

drerling

upped the VDIMM to 3.0V now, but I forgot playing with the Drive Strength. Will do.

oh, it just passed the address with no problems just now (upped the VDIMM from 2.9 to 3.0)

seems like the settings on the site mentioned a coupple of posts ago is just on the edge of my memorys capabilities.. anyways, I must play with more settings.

DrE

btw, whats the IMC?

drerling

ok, bare with me. This is my first A64 setup. Been playing with p4c800e for too long :)

Since the upped VDIMM seemed to work, i tightened up the CAS a little. Tried 1.5 now and it passes Memtest86.

btw, Memtest doesnt see the last change... CAS setting is not displayed when set to 1.5

DrE

sorry, wasnt planning to make this thread my "worklog". Maybe I`ll start a new thread...?

System Name Dell XPS 15 9560
Processor I7-7700HQ
Memory 32GB DDR4
Video Card(s) GTX 1050/1080 Ti
Storage 1TB SSD
Display(s) 2x Dell P2715Q/4k Internal
Case Razer Core
Audio Device(s) Creative E5/Objective 2 Amp/Senn HD650
Mouse Logitech Proteus Core
Keyboard Logitech G910
drerling said:
ok, bare with me. This is my first A64 setup. Been playing with p4c800e for too long :)

Since the upped VDIMM seemed to work, i tightened up the CAS a little. Tried 1.5 now and it passes Memtest86.

btw, Memtest doesnt see the last change... CAS setting is not displayed when set to 1.5

DrE

sorry, wasnt planning to make this thread my "worklog". Maybe I`ll start a new thread...?

Its not *actually* cas 1.5.

Dippyskoodlez said:
Its not *actually* cas 1.5.

@drerling

The IMC of A64 don't know CasLatency smaller 2.0, so it's just an optical gimmick. ;)

drerling

GravediggA said:
@drerling

The IMC of A64 don't know CasLatency smaller 2.0, so it's just an optical gimmick. ;)

Ok! Tested overclocking last night with the same settings. Tried 12x210=ok, 12x220=ok, 12x230=not ok, 12x228=not ok, 12x225=not ok. I let memtest86 run one pass. I have to try more this evening I guess!

DrE

U

Unregistered

Power on by keyboard error

I have upgraded my system to an AMD64 939 3000+ Venice E3 and a DFI Lanparty nf4 Ultra-D

And my BIOS is:
ID 06/23/2005-NF-CK804-6A61FD49C-00

An Club3d Nvidia GeForce 6600 255 DDR PCIe

An Seagate 80 GB ST380011A

A Mainboard IRDa adaptor and a VAYRIS NL-56kx serial modem

A Colors IT 8024-BC Black Midi tower 450W quiet PSU +USB +Audio ATX

I Also have a BTC 9000A keyboard with ACPI Power off, Sleep, and Wake up keys. I have tested all the possible BIOS configurations to power on my PC by keyboard or mouse as explained in the manual, with no success, so it is impossible to power on the PC but with the case power button. My old gigabyte kt266 GA-7VTXE worked perfectly with that keyboard. I also have tested another ACPI Keyboard and a Microsoft multimedia keyboard with the same result!!!.
I did a fresh Windows XP Prof (SP2) install, and i haven't tested my system extensively, but the rest seems ok.

Is it a mainboard problem or just a matter of a future BIOS update?

Thanks

U

Unregistered

venice 3000+ @ 9x235 .. not more :(

hi guys. thx @ grave for fine bios thread :)

i´ve got a venice 3000+ (1800mhz) and the dfi lp ultra-d...
my cpu runs on 9x235mhz (2115mhz)@1,5V stable. not more ...
i´m very sure, that it isn´t the ram. it´s a-data 2x512mb cl2,5 @ 423mhz at the moment...
i tried in every form in every bios version (in the moment the orig. bios from dfi (03/10/05)).

it´s simplay sad :(

the cooling is not the problem. thermatake xp120 with papst cooler 120mm ...
i tried the upper the vcore of the northbridge, cpu, ram and every vcore setting in every possibility.
but, nothing happened. windows shows me a fine blue screen...

can anyone help me ?

@ Unregistered 1

There is an Jumper on the Board, to aktivate the Wake-Up. Just look into ur Manual! ;)

@ Unregistered 2

I think ur CPU is not the best, there are alot that won't go any higher then urs! Don't think it's an bios related problem! :)

Edit: But u can try to play with the Tref Timing --> try 3072 or 3120 and use a Divider to check what ur CPU can do.

Last edited:
U

Unregistered

@GravediggA

Hi!

Can u gimme some good Settings for SLI-D and 3800 X2 @2600Mhz ??

thx

B666

U

Unregistered

Sry.............and 2x1024MB MDT Ram with BGA-Chips!!

B666

Processor I7-7700HQ
Memory 32GB DDR4
Storage 1TB SSD
Case Razer Core
Keyboard Logitech G910
Unregistered said:
Sry.............and 2x1024MB MDT Ram with BGA-Chips!!

B666

unknown, rare ram.... we need stock timings, and we cant really reccomend any tight timings, because i doubt many people have ever even heard of it.. start with stock and see how the stuff reacts...

MDT is german stuff, normally good ones, but it seems that the MDT 2x1GB kits make a lot of problems on DFI nF4.

Try to use one of the newest Bioses with -3 in the end and set the timings not to fast.

U

Unregistered

GravediggA said:
MDT is german stuff, normally good ones, but it seems that the MDT 2x1GB kits make a lot of problems on DFI nF4.

Try to use one of the newest Bioses with -3 in the end and set the timings not to fast.

Jeeahhh......german Stuff! *g*
My bios is 702-3 to!

Have u any settings for the CPU ? Particularly for dual core? The Ram goes good. 210Mhz on 2,8Volt and 2,5.3.3.8! But, thats not the maximum!

B666

U

Unregistered

Thanks.

GravediggA said:
@ Unregistered 1

There is an Jumper on the Board, to aktivate the Wake-Up. Just look into ur Manual! ;)

@ Unregistered 2

I think ur CPU is not the best, there are alot that won't go any higher then urs! Don't think it's an bios related problem! :)

Edit: But u can try to play with the Tref Timing --> try 3072 or 3120 and use a Divider to check what ur CPU can do.

Thank you, i found the jumper and now it's OK!!!
I was so eager to make it working and with termal control that i didn't to read ALL the manual!!!

Para darse de golpes por tonto!!!

U

Unregistered

I was wondering if there is a special bios for UCCC memory types since i got 2 GB of those in this machine.

U

Unregistered

Hi first time i seen all this and what type of memory i have wheather it's ch tcc.. etc
i own a OCZ platinum edition PC4800 DDR600mhz the most stable clock i can get it to without it over heating too much is 500mhz on a DFI Lanparty DR, anyone know which sort of bios is recomended for my type of ram also is there a chart to show which rams come under these catagories such as ch/tccd?

Thanks

A

Abducted

How come a thread kinda like this over at xtremesystems.org as the -1 and -3 labed switched from the files here? (http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?t=57952)

This is what it sayd over there: "(-1 for TCCD/Micron/UTT-CH/UTT-BH/BH/CH This is the general bios that should work ok but is not optimized for any specific memory, -3 for TCCD/Micron, -2 for UTT-CH/UTT-BH/BH/CH)"

And over here it's -1 for TCCD and -3 for general use. So i figured maybe the names of the files just got changed and you still both have the correct files setup for each type of memory. But when i used a CRC file checker to compare your -1 version to XS.org's -3 version there was a difference.

So i guess there are a lot of people using the wrong BIOS for their memory. :(

U

Unregistered

Another problem!!!

Hi all:

I have upgraded my system to an AMD64 939 3000+ Venice E3 and a DFI Lanparty nf4 Ultra-D

After a new fresh XP Prof. SP2 + Windows Update install (due to an new HD install, but the same problem with the old HD), i have activated the Hibernate mode. I can Power off and Suspend the computer perfectly, but when i try to hibernate, it does the hibernate process and instead of powering off, it reboots, and de-hibernate perfectly (but REBOOTS) (>-|).

Any suggestion?

Nforce 6.66 and Nvidia 77.77 drivers.

Thanks.

Processor I7-7700HQ
Memory 32GB DDR4
Storage 1TB SSD
Case Razer Core
Keyboard Logitech G910
Unregistered said:
Hi all:

After a new fresh XP Prof. SP2 + Windows Update install (due to an new HD install, but the same problem with the old HD), i have activated the Hibernate mode. I can Power off and Suspend the computer perfectly, but when i try to hibernate, it does the hibernate process and instead of powering off, it reboots, and de-hibernate perfectly (but REBOOTS) (>-|).

Any suggestion?

Nforce 6.66 and Nvidia 77.77 drivers.

Thanks.

Hibernate has never worked properly with windows. dont use it. its junk.

Stonekiller

Hi I've been reading this post and I'm feeling a bit out of my league but you lot seem to know a heck of a lot about my motherboard so I figure you'd be more help than the "under construction" FAQ's on the DFI website...anyways I decided last week to bin my old Pentium 1 gig in favour of AMD's 64 bit jobbie because I'd heard a lot of good stuff about it - But in all honesty I'm struggling to set up my new system, one of the main problems being when I reboot the system locks, so I have to hit reset about 2or 3 times before I get in. I'm running windows 2000 sp4 and I also have a USB keyboard/mouse. I've enabled the USB keyboard support in the bios but it doesn't make any difference. My Plan is to use the machine to edit video's hence the half terrabyte storage but at the moment its just giving me a lot of headaches. Also having difficulty running USB2 devices, it only seems to run at USB 1.1.

Any Ideas?

-jacky-

Hello i am new here,

first excuse my bad english.

since yesterday i have the dfi ultra-d and the first problems. i have 2x512 mdt ram doublesided with tsop chips.

i know that this combi was not so good but in other boards like hardwareluxx they said with the bios 623-3 the problems are fixed.
But i can't get the ram over 204mhz. on my old board "MSI K8N Neo2" they went 231mhz with 2.5-3-2-5 1T @2.6V.

Now i have the bios 702-3 flashed but that make no difference. i tried many like 3.0-4-4-8 but in memtest i get thousands of errors.
there is no way to boot in windows.

Do you know something or can help me?

thanks in advance.