1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Diablo 3 Release Date!!??

Discussion in 'Games' started by Castiel, Jul 9, 2008.

1. Castiel

Castiel

Thanks Received:
    This morning I got a newsletter from Gamespot and it showed the most popular games and at the top it showed Diablo 3 and next to it was the release date. And it said 12/31/2009. Is this true? Or could this be a made up?
  2. PVTCaboose1337

PVTCaboose1337 Graphical Hacker

Thanks Received:
    That is way too late on a release date for me... That is probably an approximation.
  3. Polarman

Polarman New Member

Thanks Received:
    I would'nt be suprised.
  4. ASharp New Member

Thanks Received:
    December 31, 2009 sounds pretty random and quite frankly, stupid.

What are the chances that any company would release a brand new product on the last day of the year? Wouldn't it be smarter to release it during a time when people are looking to buy a lot of gifts? (read: Christmas) Gamespot probably has no idea when it's coming out so they just put a date there to fill up the space so, I wouldn't put too much stock into that release date. The game was only announced around a week ago. Starcraft II was announced way before that and it still doesn't have an official release date. Just sit back and live your life. When there's an official release date, I'm sure you'll find out through your daily channels and then we can all look forward to that date.
  5. kuroikenshi

kuroikenshi

Thanks Received:
    What ASharp said. It's more then likely a place holder date. A lot of places do this with new releases. If you check Amazon or any other on-line retailer that handles video games I am sure you would see something similar.
  6. JC316

JC316 Knows what makes you tick

Thanks Received:
    Yeah, probably made up. Unless I see a date from Blizzard, I won't assume anything. That being said, I wouldn't doubt if it will take till Christmas 09 to get it.
  7. farlex85

farlex85 New Member

Thanks Received:
    Yeah releasing a game just after the biggest gift buying holiday in the year doesn't make a whole lot of sense.......
  8. PrudentPrincess

PrudentPrincess New Member

Thanks Received:
    It makes sense, although release dates change.
    It would be a stupid move for blizzard to release Starcraft II within a year of Diablo III, its just bad business. (ET:QW releasing at the same time of Halo3)
  9. Castiel

Castiel

Thanks Received:
    Well what if they want to do this so they have 2 main titles coming out year after year. And they did this at Blizzcon. They showed Game play footage of Starcraft 2 then over a year later it comes out.

Now why would you compare Halo3 to ET:QW? Are you talking about the PC version or the console. For one they are not even on the same format, and for another ET:QW wasn't much as a hipe as Halo 3.
  10. PrudentPrincess

Thanks Received:
    Huh, let me try to explain this again, although I feel like I'm repeating myself.
    I was stating that this was a good idea, so you're agreeing with me, yes?
    Also, I'm comparing this to ET:QW because it was released at the same time as Halo 3, making the sales plummit and killed any chance of the game getting hype. So, you're agreeing with me. And restating my post.
    Is today opposite day?
  11. Castiel

Castiel

Thanks Received:
    I was agreeing with you.
  12. PrudentPrincess

Thanks Received:
    Oh, okay. You asked. :laugh:
  13. ShadowFold

ShadowFold New Member

Thanks Received:
    I hope it comes out in like February or March when there are no games out and everyone is done with all the summer/winter games. That would be the best!
  14. Xolair New Member

Thanks Received:
    Well, if the release gets postponed a lot, at least I'll have my Sacred 2 to keep me company 'til then. :D