1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Diablo 3. Wishful thinking?

Discussion in 'Games' started by Iceni, Dec 21, 2011.

1. Iceni

Thanks Received:
  2. AlienIsGOD

AlienIsGOD

Thanks Received:
    When Battle.net lets me know, i'll let you know. LOL.

Seriously tho, Head to MMO Champion.com and when they know, we all will know. I don't take any stores release date over an Official annaouncement from Blizzard. Reading Annual Pass info for WoW, it states that I get Free D3 when it goes live "Early 2012" so take that for what its worth.

Iceni says thanks.
    Crunching for Team TPU
  3. Iceni

Thanks Received:
    D3 is winding me up now.

It's getting to the point of over-hyped. If this continues to well into next year i feel like the game will end up just been a disappointment.

What really bugs me is i suspect it's activision building up hype to try increase sales. They should have a flat release date this close to completion, even if it means holding the title in blocks for a month before it goes live just so they can do a proper advertising campaign and get people to actually be ready on release day to fill the servers to the brim.

Atm i get the impression we will be told 2 weeks in advance and the advertising will start to go out in the middle of the Jan dry spending season. LOL If they try to hit the end of Jan it may well get reduced sales due to the 5 week month and people lack of funding with upcoming valentines day blitz.

Gah rant over!

AlienIsGOD says thanks.
  4. 1Kurgan1

1Kurgan1 The Knife in your Back

Thanks Received:
    Don't pay attention to it then. The amount of hype a game gets should not effect how the gameplay is to you, don't be so attached to what media says.

5. NinkobEi

NinkobEi

Thanks Received:
    I have to assume there will be more than a 2 week window for the announcement of this game. Gamestop will want to cash in on idiots and pre-orders ($5 to pre-order a game, honestly? jackasses).

6. happita

happita

Thanks Received:
    Well, it's not like your paying an extra $5 to get the game on launch day, it just guarantees you a copy which you must purchase or if you have a change of heart, that $5 now belongs to Gamestop, much like putting a deposit down on a house. And honestly, anyone pre-ordering a game better damn well go into it KNOWING they will buy the game and more often than not, enjoy the hell out of it. Case and point, Skyrim...nuff said :laugh:

Back on topic, I'm pretty sure Diablo 3's release isn't too far off now. I've been playing the beta and it seems to be pretty polished at the moment. Beta tests shouldn't last more than 9 months (extreme cases). So a January - April release seems fitting(the latest) and D3 should see the light of day finally and I for one can't wait for it to surprise all the naysayers. They can take all the time they want, just as long as it gets to retail by March or April. I like my games polished the old fashioned Blizzard way thank you very much!

AlienIsGOD says thanks.
  7. CrAsHnBuRnXp

CrAsHnBuRnXp

Thanks Received:
    Sadly thats the price you pay for listening to everyone talk about the game constantly. You hear all these great things, expectations are set high, and then when you finally get it, its a disappointment.

Best case scenario is to only find out about something that catches your interest and never look into it again until it is released. That way everything seems new, innovative, and keeps you playing/listening/watching. (whatever the case may be)

8. 1Kurgan1

Thanks Received:
    Not sure for everyone. I hold my own opinions of titles. Everyone heard talk of DNF for years (techincaly for decades, lol). But the talk was mostly negative as people said they figured it would be bad if it was made since it took so long. Then when it came out people said it didn't live up to the hype... what hype? The hype of everyone saying it was going to be bad? I personally didn't care what anyone said (including media), I knew the gameplay mechanics would be aged, and the graphics would be about early 36-/ps3 titles quality, but that I would laugh my ass off, and have fun. And I was right, had a ton of fun, was the game overall good? No. Did I enjoy the hell out of it? Yes.

I check back on D3 now and then, but I won't be able to support this game till I actually play, simply because Kotick can suck it, I just hope he hasn't managed to ruin Blizzard too much yet.

AlienIsGOD says thanks.
  9. Mussels

Mussels Moderprator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    you poor bastards. its nice being in the future.

[​IMG]

Super XP and AlienIsGOD say thanks.
  10. RuskiSnajper

RuskiSnajper

Thanks Received:
  11. brandonwh64

brandonwh64 Addicted to Bacon and StarCrunches!!!

Thanks Received:
    LOL I doubt I will be paying 139$ for a game unless its come with hookers and blow!

Crunching for Team TPU
  12. Drone

Drone

Thanks Received:
    139 lol? What's next? Selling soul to Diablo himself?

13. Easo

Easo

Thanks Received:
    Since i am Blizzard slave for a year, ammount what will be paid for WoW will make those 139$ or something similar. :D

14. Super XP

Super XP

Thanks Received:
    I've been reading this QUOTE quite a lot as of late.
    Thank goodness Diablo III is purely based on the PC. I am getting sick of the lazy Console Ports. At the very least ensure the bloody controls are tailored for the keyboard and mouse when releasing it on PC.

15. Mussels

Mussels Moderprator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    that was collectors edition, btw guys. comes with a soulstone USB drive with D2 + LOD preinstalled.

16. 1Kurgan1

Thanks Received:
    I'm sorry you bought that :p

17. WhiteNoise

WhiteNoise

Thanks Received:
    I've been in beta and though I was never a huge Diablo fan and only played D2 about a year ago; I have to say D3 is pretty decent. Might not be my cup of tea but I've been having fun. It reminds me of Torchlight tbh but it's like Torchlight+++

18. happita

happita

Thanks Received:
    Actually, to be honest, the controls are somewhat similar to Diablo 2 albeit with a few extra hotkeys and different buttons for different things. But you can edit the buttons to your liking if you want a feel like D2 had regarding the controls, its up to the user. Like I said before, everything seems to be quite polished at the moment. It's just a matter of time before they finish up tinkering with a few more things to make it as perfect as possible for us long time Diablo fans :toast: