1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Diablo III Clubhouse

Discussion in 'techPowerUp! Club Forum' started by CrackerJack, Feb 7, 2011.

1. copenhagen69

Thanks Received:
    wait you have to buy shit from the auction house to get better MF rates?

2. cadaveca

cadaveca My name is Dave

Thanks Received:
    No, but the auction house is part of the game, and is a legitimate source of gear, if you can afford the cost.

Blizzard has taken steps to ensure the economy in the Auction house remains stable. I'm sure they'll be monitoring how gold sales affect things, and adjust accordingly. Like perhaps gold will drop less now, just like everything else. :roll:

MF only affect wehther you get blue/gold/legendary, rather than white/blue. I got some good MF gear, and get pretty good looking drops, colour-wise, but never any good gear. Using normal gear, I seemingly tend to actually find better stats on the stuff i pick up..but that could just be luck of the draw.

3. ZenZimZaliben

ZenZimZaliben

Thanks Received:
    Notice my Crit Chance, Crit Damage and IAS, pretty much where most of my damage comes from. My normal gear I run closer to 40% crit chance, but had to swap an item for Allres. I play a melee wizard. Crit-Mass, Evoker, Blur/Glass Cannon.

I usually don't run that exact build I beat diablo with, the only difference is exp.blast/chain reaction or Slow Time instead of hydra because diablo doesn't like to stand and fight, always running around, so I couldn't stay close enough to him all the time to keep chain reaction spamming. Once I slotted hydra it was fairly easy.

http://i.imgur.com/RVzzd.jpg

Nope, it actually does far more then that.
    http://us.battle.net/d3/en/game/guide/items/equipment#magic-find - Basically MF is used for every aspect of the item roll, not just changing its class from magic.rare.legendary.

By good MF gear, do you mean above 200 w/o NV?

Last edited: Jul 13, 2012
    1Kurgan1 says thanks.
  4. 1Kurgan1

1Kurgan1 The Knife in your Back

Thanks Received:
    Interesting, well putting a shield on isn't an option for me, it actually lowers my survive-ability. I'll just have to keep tacking on LoH and Res till I can stand in those farts. Next goal is upgrading my 101 LoH ring to 250 - 300 LohH and my 476 LoH neck to a 600 - 650 LoH, that'll get me near 2500, beyond that I'm not sure theres much more LoH I can get unless I find Gem patterns.

5. cadaveca

cadaveca My name is Dave

Thanks Received:
    It says this:

Which is basically what I said. I wasn't specific on what designates quality, but oh well. :laugh:

I'm not sureo n the specific stats, but I was getting about 3x the number of "quality" items compared to others I was playing with when playing solo. I found a few legendaries pretty easily...crappy ones, but whatever. They said they were going to work on ledgendary item quality.

6. ZenZimZaliben

ZenZimZaliben

Thanks Received:
    Yeah right now +500 LoH Gem is 7m.

I really hope Blizz doesn't decide to nerf Whirl Wind Barbs, so many people have invested millions in that build.

yeah you were on the right track. I just wanted to point out that it does far more then just determine blue,yellow,legendary.

Once the item type has been rolled MF also increases the chances for affixes, and then increases the roll chances on those specific affixes.

MF does a lot more then most people think, and that is blizz's fault for not posting what MF does. Blizz actually just posted that information two days ago.

7. cadaveca

cadaveca My name is Dave

Thanks Received:
    Yeah, I knew about it working on the affixes...things that affect item drop i did spend a fair bit of time looking into, since the drops I get are all seemingly crap. Finding REALLY good stuff is hard, decent stuff there is not much issue with MF added in with NV, so much so that white end up almost being as uncommon as a rare is at the beginning of playing. I think they went decently indepth into item drop rates when they discussed NV.

Legendaries, on the other hand, are super-hard to get, and it's even more rare that they are good, even when browsing through the auction house.

8. ChristTheGreat

ChristTheGreat

Thanks Received:

I guess I should give a try. Right now I'm "poor" with my 2 millions, but I guess I should get more res at least close to 500 without the 40%..

I just can't kill ghom alone Inferno :( and I am having high damage bu no crit.

Crunching for Team TPU
  9. ZenZimZaliben

ZenZimZaliben

Thanks Received:
    Like I mentioned. Ghom is a gear check and you won't beat him until you have probably 600 base allres and then run Prismatic Armor, also a good amount of armor. It is very hard to play a kite wiz against him. Normally you can usually run away and heal a little, in that cramped room filled with fart gas there is no where to run.

10. ChristTheGreat

ChristTheGreat

Thanks Received:
    Yeah and umm, the gaz dissapear ? or not? In video I see it dissapear, mine doesn't or I doN't stand enought long, and he throw always that gaz on me lol.

600 all ress base, without the 40%, I guess I'll have to change a couple of item :D

I know i have like 400 dext because of item, I'll try to find something else than vit. I have 25k life right now. 36k damage, with no crit, using shock pulse, arcane orb, hydra venom (maybe should I change to arcane) Diamond skin, tele + fracture, and the prismatic armor.

I'm going to look at all this by the week-end, needs to leave Toronto 2day, work is finish here, going back home in Montreal. I will have a long night playing D3 I think ;)

Crunching for Team TPU
  11. ZenZimZaliben

ZenZimZaliben

Thanks Received:
    It does dissipate and if you can get ghom to follow you in a circle, slowly, you can kite him that way. Not easy to do though.

You could also hire me to do it. lol. say 250k. I'll give you the TPU discount for 10%. 225K.

Last edited: Jul 13, 2012
  12. Delta6326

Delta6326

Thanks Received:
    I dunno if anyone has seen this but if your a Jeweler than this may come in handy its a great calculator.It figures in the cost of everything. Was thinking that this should be added to OP post.

click Pic for the link.

[​IMG]

13. 1Kurgan1

Thanks Received:
    I don't think they will, discussed it with a few friends. The builds not an OP build, it plays kind of tanky (no burst damage at all), just doesn't run a shield. I stopped playing my Barb because I was unhappy with him in Inferno, Act 1 was ok (even before patch), but it could have been better. I just refuse to use a shield, it's not how I envision a Barb. And if they somehow nerf the build, I just return him to his unplayed state (which will make me sad). Also if they ever release PvP, this builds going to be horrible :p As it sits right now it's really the only viable non-shield build, so unless their goal is to have 100% of Barbs forced to use a shield, I don't see the point in nerfing the build.

Personally though, I am not a big fan of the original build, it's clunky and works good if everything goes perfect. I changed out a few things for much better Fury management and it made the build much more live-able.

14. bostonbuddy New Member

Thanks Received:
    I wouldn't mind if they put back in the install gem function

15. Mussels

Mussels Moderprator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    the what function?

16. bostonbuddy New Member

Thanks Received:
    sorry install socket function the blacksmith or jewler had

Mussels says thanks.
  17. Csokis

Csokis

Thanks Received:
    Nasty Auction House Exploit

HTC says thanks.
  18. Kreij

Kreij Senior Monkey Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    I'd be happy if someone bought all my stuff for the starting price. lol
    Only sold one item in a couple of days.

19. ZenZimZaliben

ZenZimZaliben

Thanks Received:
    zenzim#1893

If anyone is up for act II/III inf loot runs hit me up.

Please try to have around 100+ GF/MF pre-NV.

Last edited: Jul 14, 2012
  20. Kreij

Kreij Senior Monkey Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Started a DH. Finished Act 1 ... sadly I died once due to not paying attention. lol
    Still not sure if I like non-melee type of play.

21. magibeg

magibeg

Thanks Received:
    Played some D3 today with asrock. Can't help but feel disappointed when i play the game now. The random monster affixes that just aren't fun (shielding, jailer, waller, basically things that prevent you from moving or harming things), the impossibility of finding anything that's an upgrade without just selling a ton of stuff in and hoarding gold for a long time.

When I play and don't find anything I feel I have completely wasted my time because I gained no experience and a minimal amount of gold.

Overall the experience has just become disappointing.

22. 1Kurgan1

Thanks Received:
    As with anything, it gets boring being on the top. You have nothing to gain by staying there, and people enjoy gaining things.

23. magibeg

magibeg

Thanks Received:
    At least in D2 i could level. Anything to make it feel like i'm not wasting time :(

24. 1Kurgan1

Thanks Received:
    Thats all it is though, just to make you feel like your not wasting time. To me that got boring, it's all on a personal level. Just like I don't even feel unlocks are necessary in shooters, it's too much of an RPG element. I think every weapon should be unlocked from the get go, just login and have fun. But so many people were not happy in BC2 when they hit like Rank 26 felt the game was boring because they didn't get shiny new guns appearing on their screen, so now theres unlocks for everyone! :p

25. NinkobEi

NinkobEi

Thanks Received:
    See you all in 2 years when the Diablo 3 expansion comes out.