1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Diablo III Clubhouse

Discussion in 'techPowerUp! Club Forum' started by CrackerJack, Feb 7, 2011.

1. pr0n Inspector

pr0n Inspector

Thanks Received:
    You mean paid map module packs and 2-hour DLC right?

2. Kreij

Kreij Senior Monkey Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    You can't really compare a shooter to an RPG. A sense of accomplishment, some kind of goal to set your sights on, is an integral part of playing RPGs. Especially when soloing. I agree with Magibed, they should move the level cap way up to give people something to work toward even if it is an arbitrary number (like level 100 or whatever).
    It doesn't matter if you become super powerful in this game as it's not an MMO.

PvP may be fun, but I'm not sure it will be enough to keep a lot of people playing.

The one thing that would keep this game going forever would be if Blizzard released a level editor and let people create their own content. I don't see this ever happening, though.

When did Blizzard ever release a skimpy expansion?

Last edited: Jul 16, 2012
  3. pr0n Inspector

pr0n Inspector

Thanks Received:
    Oh but it does(in Adria's voice). There's nothing to do after you beat inferno. Precisely why Blizzard is doing everything they can to delay people's progression.

4. TheMailMan78

TheMailMan78 Big Member

Thanks Received:
    I came to this conclusion a few pages back :laugh:

5. 1Kurgan1

1Kurgan1 The Knife in your Back

Thanks Received:
    I wasn't really comparing a shooter to an RPG, I was more just saying that people love the feeling of unlocking or getting new things, and when that runs out, things aren't as fun anymore. As I said earlier, it's no fun at the top. But it's a slope of fun I expect, as I progress past most of the others playing, and there's less for me to get as upgrades in X game, there's just less incentive to play it.

And exactly like oyu said, the level cap is just an arbitrary number, some people that might be that incentive to keep playing, but in the end that number just won't matter all that much as higher level gear will be strewn across those levels and not all at the top (and if it was at the top that would be even worse).

Becoming super powerful does matter though, the farther you progress into Inferno the tougher it gets. I rip though Act II, I've killed groups of 4 Champion packs at the sametime without a huge issue. But Act III makes me scream, I can kill champ groups there, it's just a lot of kiting, and the Larder is where my gear check ends. But I'm ok with that, hitting that wall again means I need to go back for upgrades, just this is where I do start hitting that wall where every upgrade I'm looking at is about 3+ mill, and Mai is one step beyond that since he farms Act III, so his jump in price to Act IV gear is probably 40 - 50 mill per upgrade, at that point the upgrades come so few and far between, people will start asking themselves if it's really worth it to keep playing to see an upgrade few and far between. And I was just saying that feeling is perfectly normal, but also that it shouldn't be surprising, I expected that to happen long ago just like any other game.

6. Mussels

Mussels Moderprator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    this is why it was better to be able to assign your stats. because you could just roll a new character of the same class, and make them very different in the long run.

digibucc says thanks.
  7. ZenZimZaliben

ZenZimZaliben

Thanks Received:
    Yeah pretty much after beating diablo in inferno, there is nothing else to do really. I thought maybe if I went crazy on Magic Find I could continue playing and farming act II/III, but all high MF appears to do is drop more garbage rares.

Sitting at 235% MF with 5 NV, which is pretty good. I do know people rolling with 300+ but same results. Just more shit. More crap rares to salvage or vendor. And yes more Legendary items are dropping, but they are usually far worse then the crap rares.

8. Kreij

Thanks Received:
    When I said that being super powerful doesn't matter, I meant that there is no real reason for Blizzard to prevent you from getting super powerful. They should jack the level cap way up and let the good loot drop. People would still use the auction houses either way as it would still be hard to find the best loot and many people don't have the patience (or time) to grind.

That would be because you did everything there is to do. :laugh:

9. ZenZimZaliben

ZenZimZaliben

Thanks Received:

Not really. I suppose I am supposed to start leveling a different guy, but honestly I have zero motivation to do that.

10. caleb

Thanks Received:
    Just completed the first difficulty level. Its fun to click again in a Diablo game but I haven't seen such a shit story for a long time really almost felt asleep with cut scenes and spoken logs.

11. ChristTheGreat

ChristTheGreat

Thanks Received:
    I would like to have it back just to put a Crit gem in my weapon:

[​IMG]

:toast:

Crunching for Team TPU
  12. Kreij

Thanks Received:
    Yeah, I guess you are supposed to get all 5 classes through inferno.
    Sounds like a jolly good time rerunning all the acts 5 times !! :laugh:

13. ZenZimZaliben

ZenZimZaliben

Thanks Received:
    Part of me wants to do this, maybe play a witch doctor, since all my items are Int/Vit/ALLRES based and would work for WD, also I could be 1st level and using Perfect Stars and other high level gems. Would be godly for a while.

14. Kreij

Thanks Received:
    I really enjoy playing in groups, especially with TPU friends, but at this point I am not really motivated to make my monk better.
    Beating inferno is not enough to keep me doing an endless loot grind.
    I will definitely try PvP when it comes out as it could be stupid fun if they don't screw it up.

I feel I defintely got my money's worth out of the game though. I've put more hours into this game than I have in ages on any game. The only one that came close was Skyrim and I probably have twices as many hours into D3.

I think I will get SoaSE: Rebellion and spend all my spare time in space RTS warfare for awhile.

15. darkangel0504

darkangel0504

Thanks Received:
    my account was hacked. they changed my email. :(

16. caleb

Thanks Received:
    Why not use authenticator?

17. pr0n Inspector

pr0n Inspector

Thanks Received:
    It was not hacked. You either used the Same password everywhere or you have key loggers on your computer.

-------

This game is now F2P for me. Blizzard must be glad I worked for them.

Last edited: Jul 17, 2012
  18. entropy13

entropy13

Thanks Received:
    It was F2P right at the start for me. :laugh::laugh:

And I've made $8 now. :laugh:

19. darkangel0504

darkangel0504

Thanks Received:
    it ...........................

20. ZenZimZaliben

ZenZimZaliben

Thanks Received:
    Finally had a nice item sell on the AH. Man it has been a slow moving week, nice items just sitting there and very well priced, just no action. Was a helm for 6.5M. Also have a couple of bids on a few of my items so it seems the AH might be picking up again...slightly.

21. Delta6326

Delta6326

Thanks Received:
    If you ever have anything that won't sell and just going to end of selling to vendor you can always send it my way... :D

But I know what you mean hardly any of my items are selling I had a random item that i thought wouldn't sell and it went for 37k

22. pr0n Inspector

pr0n Inspector

Thanks Received:
    For someone to change your email he must login to bnet which means:
    he has your password (keylogged your bnet password or you used the same password/email combo that has been compromised previously)
    you do not have an authenticator(with an authenticator one must authenticate to login to the bnet website)

I'm sorry for what happened to you but social engineering is not hacking. Hacking would mean someone attacked/infiltrated the blizzard server to get your account.

23. magibeg

magibeg

Thanks Received:
    Could just be less people playing in general.

24. AsRock

AsRock TPU addict

Thanks Received:
    I wound not be surprised as seen as the prices have gone crazy..

25. Mussels

Mussels Moderprator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    everyone i know in the real world has stopped playing. some have only got 20ish hours in.