1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Diablo III Clubhouse

Discussion in 'techPowerUp! Club Forum' started by CrackerJack, Feb 7, 2011.

1. 1Kurgan1

1Kurgan1 The Knife in your Back

Thanks Received:
    I know quite a few still playing, but I'm probably done visiting this clubhouse, too many tears. I keep checking back to see some posts I want to respond to, but mostly just people complaining.

2. entropy13

entropy13

Thanks Received:
    lol yeah, that's why I rarely post here, they'll just reply and say "WHY THE F**K ARE YOU STILL HAVING FUN WITH THE GAME?!?!?!? STOP IT ALREADY!!!"

3. Delta6326

Delta6326

Thanks Received:
    I got 44 hours and still on normal mode Act IV just started... I've tried to find everything possible so i can go through the next stuff quickly, have found almost all scroll things.

4. pr0n Inspector

pr0n Inspector

Thanks Received:
    finally took down Ghom. took me about 10 tries. twice he was down to less than 10% health then enraged. I went nuts and changed every skill into pure DPS, surprisingly that worked!
    This is the first time ever that I actually feel a sense of accomplishment in this game.

5. digibucc

digibucc

Thanks Received:
    that's why i stopped posting... because i have nothing good to say and didn't want to ruin it for everyone else.

honestly though i am so very disappointed in this game i don't even know how to put it into words. I simply can not see how anyone can consider this a true successor to the series. it has been lobotomized and neutered beyond recognition. it was fun for 40 or so hours, and as Kreij has highlighted time and again - 40-60 hours for a $60 is no slouch. however, 40 hours before boredom sets in with a diablo game? that is simply unacceptable imo.

1Kurgan1 says thanks.
  6. n-ster

Thanks Received:
    idk, I still enjoy the game, but it is def not where it should have been

My cousin though, was fed up and quit, he did have ~140 hours played at LEAST. But he's the kind of guy that sticks to a game for at least 6~9 months and diablo 2 was a game we sticked with for many years, not a few months

Still, I am eager to get back to montreal and play some good DIII

7. ZenZimZaliben

ZenZimZaliben

Thanks Received:
    OH there is no question that far fewer people are playing. I know that has a lot to do with AH liquidity. Not to mention all the bad patches, lack of end game, and horrible loot tables....yet I still play. :laugh:

I had about 8 real world friends and 15+ iFriends, of which 2 play.

8. 1Kurgan1

1Kurgan1 The Knife in your Back

Thanks Received:
    I do exactly what you have been doing when I'm not enjoying a game anymore. And I think at the hours you got invested, 40 is a bit low, I can see how you would be disappointed. But it gets my goat when I know some of these people are griping when they got 100 hours into the game, not many games now days get you that much playtime, and if they do, at that point I'm happy to say I got my monies worth and move onto the next title rather than complain about it.

I personally felt the same way about D2 as you feel about this game though :laugh: Guess it's just all at how you look at it. I know D2 had a bit more replay-ability if leveling interested you. But I was more after atmosphere, D1 was so dark, and I see that back in this game. I didn't really enjoy D2 much and having that atmosphere back I really enjoy this. But yeah, it's just all how you look at the different aspects of the game.

Last edited: Jul 18, 2012
    digibucc says thanks.
  9. Kreij

Kreij Senior Monkey Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    I still think the game is great fun to play, I'm just burnt out on it with over 200 hours.
    I definitely got my money's worth and don't regret the $60 price tag at all.

Sure, there are things I wish they did different, but this is the game they developed and it's a lot of fun.

AsRock and 1Kurgan1 say thanks.
  10. ZenZimZaliben

ZenZimZaliben

Thanks Received:
    pr0n Inspector and 1Kurgan1 say thanks.
  11. Kreij

Thanks Received:
    Great item, but that quite the hit on the stat change. :roll:

12. ZenZimZaliben

ZenZimZaliben

Thanks Received:
    Totally worth it. Still some to spare. :laugh:

13. pr0n Inspector

pr0n Inspector

Thanks Received:
    LOL!

Seriously though, Jay Wilson is a douche. I read the reddit Q&A and he just basically response every question and criticism with "I know better".

14. Csokis

Csokis

Thanks Received:
    http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/4940437236#1

HTC says thanks.
  15. digibucc

digibucc

Thanks Received:
    in other words - we hear your complaints but are going to ignore them, because we already know what's best. we'll tell you we appreciate your input, and then explain why we're right and you are wrong. **pat pat**

16. Mussels

Mussels Moderprator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    they're fixing legendaries and giving level 60 chars something to do that isnt item farming.

i see nothing wrong with that.

HTC says thanks.
  17. DannibusX

DannibusX

Thanks Received:
    PVP is going to absolutely destroy this game. It happened to WoW, it'll happen to Diablo for the sake of "balance"

AsRock says thanks.
  18. Outback Bronze

Outback Bronze

Thanks Received:
    Hi guys. I need sum advice please. More specifically for my barbarian. Im in act 1 inferno and have been for many weeks. Im looking forward to going into act 2 and 3 and wanted to know the best builds for these acts. Including weapons-dual or single, skills and all round general knowledge so i can proceed further. I dont think i wana go and read all 112 pages. Thanks.

19. Kreij

Thanks Received:
    Since D3 is not an MMO like WoW, why do you think this will be the case?

20. DannibusX

DannibusX

Thanks Received:
    Because the balancing act for PvP will directly effect your ability to progress through the game in PvE. Once Blizzard starts playing the numbers game with class abilities for the sake of PvP combat, it usually doesn't end well for the PvE side.

Kreij says thanks.
  21. entropy13

entropy13

Thanks Received:
    To get more specific, depends really on what build you prefer. All I can say are general things (and I've only been able to reach up to Maghda in Inferno). Get at least 500 resist, 25k HP, 10k DPS, 6k armor. In my case I have around 600 resist, almost 30k HP, 15k DPS, and 7k armor. Remember life on hit too, although I only have around 352 LoH. Thorns are a great bonus too, I have 1290 thorns damage for my barb.

22. Outback Bronze

Outback Bronze

Thanks Received:
    Ty. May i ask waht skills are u using? Thanks.

23. digibucc

digibucc

Thanks Received:
    it's been made clear since before release, that pvp and pve balance are two different things, so: no.

neither do i, it's the least they could do. and that's nearly a literal statement :(

24. ZenZimZaliben

ZenZimZaliben

Thanks Received:
    Just build a WW Barb, or some flavor of it. Most barbs I see in act II/III/IV are WW.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/barbarian#bhYkVR!XdY!ZcZbcb

30k+ hp, 600+ AllRes, 500+ LoH, 8000+ Armor, 20k+ Dps, CC 30% (before buffs), CD 200%, IAS-nice to have

Last edited: Jul 20, 2012
  25. darkangel0504

darkangel0504

Thanks Received:
    I got my account =)