1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Diablo III Clubhouse

Discussion in 'techPowerUp! Club Forum' started by CrackerJack, Feb 7, 2011.

1. copenhagen69

Thanks Received:
    I just do not understand why they are making is so hard to find items ... In D2 I found at least one good item about every 2-3 days if I really tried ....
  2. HTC

HTC

Thanks Received:
    Ofc, i'm not counting the legendaries/set items i've bought until now. Currently, i'm using Sage's set boots with my wizard.

When i started, i made an Europe server wizard but Blizzard decided my character was best for America's server and changed it without me having an opinion on the matter: thanks Blizzard :rolleyes:

I've started a DH in Europe's server recently (hopefully, this character will stay @ Europe) and i've noticed that, unlike with the wizard where when i tried dodging an attack it rarely succeeded, with the DH i usually dodge and i'm not referring to the more dexterity = higher dodge ability: i think it's because with America's server i was getting pings from 210 to 280 on good days while @ Europe's server i get pings from 70 to 100 on good days.

I'm stuck @ Belial Nightmare, just like with the wizard but i think my tactic is working because i've almost succeeded killing him twice already: he had less then 1/5th life left on both occasions when i got killed.
  3. Zehnsucht

Zehnsucht New Member

Thanks Received:
    If you need help progressing just add me, it's more fun to help out others than farm.
    Zehnsucht #2150
    http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Zehnsucht-2150/hero/1904115
    (I'm not über geared, just got to Act 4 solo).
    AsRock says thanks.
  4. HTC

HTC

Thanks Received:
    Thank you very much for the offer but i just passed him: only took 2 more tries since my previous post.

I've yet to play multiplayer, so far, by option.
  5. Zehnsucht

Zehnsucht New Member

Thanks Received:
    Ok, cool :D
    Belial is probably the hardest boss before inferno, in inferno Ghom is retarded hard.
  6. HTC

HTC

Thanks Received:
    Only got to reach Ghom in Inferno because of that exploit with wizards and that's the only time i managed to get it to work in act 3. Ofc, with my luck, i had to get ready for work so i stopped right after Ghom. Before the exploit, i managed to reach act 3 and a bit from the start.

With the wizard in Nightmare, it took a "few" more tries to defeat Belial, as i mentioned in the below post:

7. alucard13mmfmj

Thanks Received:
    ^This

In D2, you find a legendary/set (good or not) every 1-3 days. Most of the time you can use those items when you try other builds or trade them. There are some unuseable sets/legendaries, but for the most part, most of them are good for noobs or pros.

In D3, i found 2 set items (one was worthless king's glove. the other was a semi-useful for noob tal rasha belt) in 300 hours and about 8 legendaries (all useless except for Ouromoru Amulet [had loh, AR, critical chance, but no slot -.-])

Frankly... finding 1 good in 300 hours blows.

The equipment slots, I think I only found 1 good item from farming. The rest I had to buy on AH.

I have 13mill gold and I cant afford high end 1handers with loh and arcane power on crit with 800 DMG+.

I havnt logged on D3 for about 4 days... I stopped checking AH.

Looking forward to GW2 :D...
  8. gaximodo

gaximodo New Member

Thanks Received:
    Lol was it really that hard like u guys described
  9. gaximodo

gaximodo New Member

Thanks Received:
    I mean I killed belial inferno without farming and using the ah (pre1.03 post ss nerf)and made at least 300m (and 150 bucks)with400 hours of playing with 93 mf (150 if I remembered to switch helmet and ammy)
  10. Zehnsucht

Zehnsucht New Member

Thanks Received:
    Balial is not very hard, just dodge the green pools.
    Ghom on the other hand...
  11. gaximodo

gaximodo New Member

Thanks Received:
    Ghom was one of the easiest pre1.03, and he didnt get alot better for a Dh post1.03. The only challenging boss in d3 was rakanoth pre1.03. I didnt use the ah until I got to the cursed tower. and dodging belial's attacks is a piece of cake. The challenge is get pass phase 2. remember pre1.03 the snakes hit 3 times harder and I didn't use the ah at the stage

I wish they can bring that rakanoth back and I wanna see what I can do with my current gears. Took me 2 hours to find how to kill him with no res and 25k dps lol
  12. HTC

HTC

Thanks Received:
    That depends on your ping, IMO.

Try it again with a ping of over 200: you'll find the poison pools to be much harder to avoid.
  13. gaximodo

gaximodo New Member

Thanks Received:
    my ping was never under200
  14. gaximodo

gaximodo New Member

Thanks Received:
  15. ZenZimZaliben

ZenZimZaliben

Thanks Received:
    http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/ZenZim-1893/hero/859773

Mostly my loot gear. Also I have a source I switch out depending on act.

With Follower and NV I am at 310% MF. Can farm act I/II have to lower MF and up resists for Act III. So pretty much just loot act II because I can do it so much faster.
  16. entropy13

entropy13

Thanks Received:
  17. pr0n Inspector

pr0n Inspector

Thanks Received:
  18. AphexDreamer

AphexDreamer

Thanks Received:
    Every time I make a good complected password and finally remember it, server comprimises happen and I have to change that good complected password to something else. :banghead:
  19. repsol23

repsol23

Thanks Received:
    ^+1

My sentiments exactly!!
  20. ZenZimZaliben

ZenZimZaliben

Thanks Received:
    http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/6923456/104_Systems_Preview-8_10_2012

If you haven;t seen this yet, check it out. Some great needed changes coming. Although I am a little worried it may become to easy. I am happy about the COOP fixes.

No more invuln minons!!
    No more shared GF/MF!
    Legendary Buff
    i61,i62,i63 Weapon Buffs
    Useless rune skill buffs!
    No more enrage timers!
    No more auto heal for Gold Elites!
    cadaveca and AsRock say thanks.
  21. AsRock

AsRock TPU addict

Thanks Received:
    Well that sucks as that i thought was a good feature as it stopped people grabbing and all so gave a chance for the longer range chars to actually pick some thing up.

And i like the idea of MF shared my self as you have to play cooperatively with others and get them do the same thing which i though was good..
  22. Bjorn_Of_Iceland

Bjorn_Of_Iceland

Thanks Received:
  23. darkangel0504

darkangel0504

Thanks Received:
  24. AsRock

AsRock TPU addict

Thanks Received:

You would think time would be the answer the chance of getting a good item, however i had mine about 3 weeks ago and inferno act 1 then was pretty tough for my DH but out the main gate 1st bunch of bad guys not even elites dropped a armor with stats like 220 str, 150 vit, 77 res +2 sockets.

I probably shouldn't but i sold it and went for 44 mill. And still not come across any thing near it again even though i fly though act 1 inferno with no issue what so ever..

It's just plain luck if you get any thing and with all the bots which running on D3 is spoiling the game for those who honestly play the game and sure the game would be much better if they could solve that issue once for all. I will not buy stuff of RMAH for a few reasons and surly not going to if there is a chance of one of these lame ass cheating mofo's are running bot(s) as this would only support them and not actually help against the issue.

Sad part is my DH don't stand a chance in act 2 once in closed area's which is pretty dam sad for how much i have put in to the char.

I am up for them making it easier IF done right but like some one else was thinking i think they be making it to easy.
  25. pr0n Inspector

pr0n Inspector

Thanks Received:
    Shared gold find and magic find means averaging gf and mf of party members, not sharing loot.