1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Diablo III Clubhouse

Discussion in 'techPowerUp! Club Forum' started by CrackerJack, Feb 7, 2011.

1. Zehnsucht

Zehnsucht New Member

Thanks Received:
    At first I wasn't very eager to buy the Reaper of Souls expansion, since I haven't played in 6 months or so I am well behind in gear and buying new on the AH was too expensive.

But with this implemented and coupled with Loot 2.0 I got very tempted to buy at release.

2. Ahhzz

Ahhzz

Thanks Received:
    If only they'd eliminate the online only, they might get my money now. :slap: Yeah, not gonna happen.

5 Million points folded for TPU
  3. ZenZimZaliben

ZenZimZaliben

Thanks Received:
    I'm okay with the RMAH going away, but I think removing the GAH is a mistake. Funny thing is games like Path Of Exile are trying to get a GAH in place because trading is so difficult and time consuming. Unless they vastly expand our storage I will end up with a lot of extra brimstone. If you thought gold selling spam was bad just wait until this happens.

4. RCoon

RCoon Gaming Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    POE does not have gold, it uses drops, ranging from common to rare, that people use to trade with. I personally love the economy of POE. Gold was entirely useless in Diablo, they wanted to make it useful in Diablo III with the AH, and failed colossally. Just as in Diablo II, SoJ's were the REAL currency, POE uses similar tactics, and it works. They even have a POEExchange so that the economy looks after itself.
    Unfortunately the end game in Diablo is shit boring, and POE gives you maps to do with random rolls.

5. Ahhzz

Ahhzz

Thanks Received:
    Yup, I keep going back to PoE, enjoy it a good bit. Kinda disappointed in the Rift changes, so PoE's keeping me happy-ish :)

6. ZenZimZaliben

ZenZimZaliben

Thanks Received:
    My point wasn't about gold. My point was about an AH. POE players, maybe not you, but look on the forums...are wanting an easier way to trade.

7. Horrux

Horrux

Thanks Received:
    I just checked out the Path of Exile website and I must say, it looks much better than Diablo III, especially with the infinitely customizable skill tree... Pretty awesome.

8. AsRock

AsRock TPU addict

Thanks Received:
    Yeah that skill tree is awesome although when they reset all thee skills i quite i never been in the mood to setup some 140 skill points.

9. Ahhzz

Ahhzz

Thanks Received:
    Yeah, I do enjoy the fact that if you really want, you can make a Barbarian/Paladin class that excels at wand usage, and by that I mean they actually kick ass, not just "Ok, for a paladin....". It does make it daunting when they reset the "tree" tho, gotta agree with 'Rock...

10. ZenZimZaliben

ZenZimZaliben

Thanks Received:
    This thread is dead...time to resurrect it. I see a lot of new members online but haven't had a chance to play with everyone yet. Hows everyone doing. Loving the Grind?

11. TheMailMan78

TheMailMan78 Big Member

Thanks Received:
    I honestly stopped for a while.

12. ZenZimZaliben

ZenZimZaliben

Thanks Received:
    I noticed you hadn't been on in a while. There are a bunch of new members that aren't mentioned in this thread. Did you get your SoJ?

13. AsRock

AsRock TPU addict

Thanks Received:
    A lot of new none season chars got a few of them to go season or at least have leveled chars now :p.

14. ZenZimZaliben

ZenZimZaliben

Thanks Received:
    I still do not see any point in playing seasons. Leveling yet another toon to 70 just to start the grind is literally the worst part of the game IMO.

I have been having a lot of fun pushing Greater Rifts and leveling gems.

15. TheMailMan78

TheMailMan78 Big Member

Thanks Received:
    Yeah....this.

I agree fully.

16. ZenZimZaliben

ZenZimZaliben

Thanks Received:
    Need to start running Greater Rifts and get us on the leader boards.

Need a Tiki WD with SMK, A zDPS Monk or Crusader, 1 Sentry DH, and 1 Firedawn Wiz. That would get us to GR45+.

17. flmatter

flmatter

Thanks Received:
    I run every so often for a change of pace waiting for seasons 2 to open... I keeping looking for off hand weapon set piece for my monk. Maybe run a Demon Hunter in next season or wiz-bang. :)

18. ZenZimZaliben

ZenZimZaliben

Thanks Received:
    Monk will be OP next season, or it's looking that way on PTR.

19. AsRock

AsRock TPU addict

Thanks Received:
    If that's your view you wont be playing the new monk but how it is now in seasons ?.

I actually have more fun finding gear levelings it's when you found most or basically all but one item the game gets really annoying, like the elusive SMK, which typically if you don't find it with in the 1st 400 para levels you probably will not find it lol.

I have so many hours in with the wd i have only seen it drop twice one time being for a low level and once in the current PTR after the bonus time. Sure blizz say the really rare items will drop more often but they give no %'s so them saying it don't mean shit really.

And a shame what happened to the conduits too as they been nefted so much they are pointless now, however it's correct for it be that way in GR's i guess but dam it kills the fun.

20. ZenZimZaliben

ZenZimZaliben

Thanks Received:
    I am very about the conduits in Greater Rifts. I take that more seriously and conduits where just a way to cheese through a rift.

21. HTC

HTC

Thanks Received:
    Assuming SMK is about as rare as TnT gloves, don't despair, dude: i've found 4 of those gloves already, with 1 of them being from Kadala.

About them conduits pylons, they were under the influence of a power pylon when they nerfed it ... it was @ lvl 9000 before and now, it doesn't even reach lvl 10 ... totally overkill nerfing, IMO. It was too powerfull, but now it's a complete joke. Dunno if it's different for light builds but for non-light builds, it really is :(

EDIT

To put it into persperctive just how powerfull a conduit pylon was, check this video @ about 14:40 and check how much time the dude had to finish the grift:

I'm assuming it's power is exacerbated by the fact the dude's using a light build, but i'm not 100% sure of this.

Last edited: Dec 20, 2014
  22. ZenZimZaliben

ZenZimZaliben

Thanks Received:
    I don't feel bad for the nerf on conduits. I think they should be removed totally from greater rifts. Greater rifts are supposed to be about best geared and best skill. Conduits ruined that. Now its a matter of finding a high 45+ GR that has a conduit which IMO is a cheese way to complete a greater rift.

23. HTC

HTC

Thanks Received:
    I'm OK with the fact it was nerfed: what i'm not OK with is by how much.

Actually, channeling pylons can be just as bad: the other day i got a shield pylon and a channeling pylon with 2 seconds of each other. Killed 4 or 5 elite packs with them, with 2 of the packs being reflect dmg (in PTR).

24. Dbiggs9

Thanks Received:
    SolarStone#1886
    I play a lot add me anyone.

25. Mussels

Mussels Moderprator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    i feel no reward from grinding. i get no fun from it anymore, other than legendary loot drops - and when they're often crap for my character, i lost interest in the game.

replayability just isnt there for me.

AlienIsGOD and GreiverBlade say thanks.