1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Diablo III Clubhouse

Discussion in 'techPowerUp! Club Forum' started by CrackerJack, Feb 7, 2011.

1. Zehnsucht

Zehnsucht New Member

Thanks Received:
    At first I wasn't very eager to buy the Reaper of Souls expansion, since I haven't played in 6 months or so I am well behind in gear and buying new on the AH was too expensive.

But with this implemented and coupled with Loot 2.0 I got very tempted to buy at release.
  2. Ahhzz

Ahhzz

Thanks Received:
    If only they'd eliminate the online only, they might get my money now. :slap: Yeah, not gonna happen.
  3. ZenZimZaliben

ZenZimZaliben

Thanks Received:
    I'm okay with the RMAH going away, but I think removing the GAH is a mistake. Funny thing is games like Path Of Exile are trying to get a GAH in place because trading is so difficult and time consuming. Unless they vastly expand our storage I will end up with a lot of extra brimstone. If you thought gold selling spam was bad just wait until this happens.
  4. RCoon

RCoon Forum Gypsy

Thanks Received:
    POE does not have gold, it uses drops, ranging from common to rare, that people use to trade with. I personally love the economy of POE. Gold was entirely useless in Diablo, they wanted to make it useful in Diablo III with the AH, and failed colossally. Just as in Diablo II, SoJ's were the REAL currency, POE uses similar tactics, and it works. They even have a POEExchange so that the economy looks after itself.
    Unfortunately the end game in Diablo is shit boring, and POE gives you maps to do with random rolls.
  5. Ahhzz

Ahhzz

Thanks Received:
    Yup, I keep going back to PoE, enjoy it a good bit. Kinda disappointed in the Rift changes, so PoE's keeping me happy-ish :)
  6. ZenZimZaliben

ZenZimZaliben

Thanks Received:
    My point wasn't about gold. My point was about an AH. POE players, maybe not you, but look on the forums...are wanting an easier way to trade.
  7. Horrux

Horrux

Thanks Received:
    I just checked out the Path of Exile website and I must say, it looks much better than Diablo III, especially with the infinitely customizable skill tree... Pretty awesome.
  8. AsRock

AsRock TPU addict

Thanks Received:
    Yeah that skill tree is awesome although when they reset all thee skills i quite i never been in the mood to setup some 140 skill points.
  9. Ahhzz

Ahhzz

Thanks Received:
    Yeah, I do enjoy the fact that if you really want, you can make a Barbarian/Paladin class that excels at wand usage, and by that I mean they actually kick ass, not just "Ok, for a paladin....". It does make it daunting when they reset the "tree" tho, gotta agree with 'Rock...